Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Debadeep ChowdhuryYour feedback matters!
I have not had chicken pox till date. Have a 2.5 month old baby. Can I take the vaccination now or should I wait till his vaccination due date?
My son is fifteen months old and his weight is 9.5 kg. Is it normal? He is pre matured baby born with 2.5kg. But he is very active and all his activities were done correctly at each month. His developments are good but he doesn't gain weight. What to do?
My daughter has fever from three days doctor suggested her lariago ds 500 mg is it OK to give her that dose. No malaria test have been done for her. She is 12 yes old.
My 8 month baby is suffering from bronchopneumonia with CCF and she is having vancomycin and piptaz injections for treatment from last 9 days. Now from last nite she is sweating a lot. Is it normal.
I am a breast feeding mom. I used to take eldoper for diarrhoea before. I heard its harmful for baby. Please suggest an alternative to be used for emergencies ?
Hi, I breastfed my baby till she was 9months old, now she is 2yr 2months old and has never asked for breastfeed. I have noticed milk coming out from nipples off and on. please tell me possible reasons for it.
Hi sir I have 3 months baby. Baby have big birth mole (black) on the right cheek. Iam already consult the dermatologist. Birthmole is conigintal melonocytic nevus. Any treatment for remove the birthmole please give me suggestion. Please send your email. I send baby pic.
Sir/madam, my son is eight years old his perfectly alright but he is facing problem with his irregular n bad teeth. He was given bottle feeding at younger age. Is this the problem how to solve this.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.
Hi my baby has 12 months old. He effected with cough and cold. I am giving him nebulization. Could you please tell me for cough medicine.
टीएनज एक ऐसी अवस्था है जिसमे बच्चो में शारीरिक और मानसिक बहुत सारे बदलाव होने लगते है जिसके के कारन बच्चो के बेहेवियर में कई तरह के बदलाव अचानक होने लगते है अगर समय रहते हम इन बदलाओ को पहचान के कुछ जरूरी कदम उठाले तो हम बच्चो की अच्छी पेरेंटिंग कर सकते है
गुस्सा - बच्चो में हर बात पे गुस्सा और चिड़चिड़ाहट होना टीनएज का पहला बड़ा लछड़ होता है बच्चो को बिना किसी बात के गुस्सा आने लगता है और वो जल्दी परेशान हो जाते है ऐसे समय जब बच्चा बहुत गुस्से में हो तो उससे ज्यादा बात करने को कोशिश न करे और उसे कुछ समय के लिए अकेला छोड़ दे और जब वो रिलैक्स हो जाये तब ही उससे बात करे , और परेशानी का कारन पूछे
फैशन पे ज्यादा धयान देना - उम्र बढ़ने के साथ साथ बच्चो का शारीरिक और मानसिक विकास होने लगता है इसमें वो अपने पढ़ाई से ज्यादा फैशन से जुडी चीजो के बारे में जानकारी लेना और इस्तेमाल करना शुरू कर देते है और बहुत ज्यादा कॉस्मेटिक खरीदने लगते है ऐसे में बच्चो को फैशन के बारे में बताये उनको नए कपडे खरीदने में मदद करे और साथ ही साथ उन से बातचीत करते रहे और उनकी राय लेते रहे
सोशल मीडिया का इस्तेमाल - आजकल हर बच्चा सोशल मीडिया और फेसबुक का इस्तेमाल कर रहा है तो इसे में बच्चो पर इन सब सोशल मीडिया की चीजो को इस्तेमाल करने से न रोके पर सोशल मीडिया इस्तेमाल करने से पहले उनकी ट्रेंनिंग करे उनको बताये की सोशल मीडिया का क्या सही इतेमाल है और उससे किस किस तरह की परेशानियां हो सकती है
मोबाइल का ज्यादा इस्तेमाल - आज हर बच्चा मोबाइल का इस्तेमाल करता है ऐसे में बच्चे मोबाइल का इस्तेमाल मनोरंजन में ज्यादा करने लगे है वो मोबाइल में गेम खेलते है , इन्टरनेट इस्तेमाल करते है और रात में ज्यादा बात करते है इसके लिए पेरेंट्स कुछ सावधानिया रक्खे बच्चो को बहुत छोटी उम्र में स्मार्ट फ़ोन न दे , मोबाइल फ़ोन ज्यादा इन्तेमाल न खुद करे और बच्चो को भी शिखाएं की मोबाइल का जरुरत पड़ने पर ही इस्तेमाल करे और बच्चो को रात में मोबाइल पे बात करने से रोके
अपोजिट सेक्स के लिए आकर्षण - बढती उम्र में बच्चो को अपोजिट सेक्स के लिए आकर्षण होने लगता है ऐसे में बच्चा बहुत ज्यादा अकेला रहना पसंद करते है और अपनी बातो को छुपाना पसंद करते है ऐसे में माता पिता बच्चे से सेक्स education को लेकर बात करे और अगर बच्चा किसी तरह के पर्सनल रिलेशन में है तो उस पर रिलेशन छोड़ने का ज्यादा दबाव न बनाये और बच्चे से अपनी बातचीत बनाये रक्खे
कुछ बातो का विशेष धयान रख्खे -
- बच्चो के सामान की जासूसी न करे
- गुस्से में बच्चो को गलत शब्द न कहे बच्चो के खाने पीने का विशेष धयान दे
- बच्चो का दूसरे बच्चो से तुलना न करे
- बच्चो की आदर दे कर बात करे
- बच्चे की आदतों का ध्यान रख्खे
- किसी भी हालात में बच्चे से बात करना न बंद करे
- बच्चो की पढ़ाई में रूचि का धयान दे
- बच्चो के साथ सामाजिक कार्यक्रमो में जरूर जाये
- बच्चो उनकी हॉबी के अनुसार अपना काम करने दे
My daughter is 12-years-old and always fall sick. She has also deteriorated in her studies and is not able to concentrate. She gets tonsillitis, fever, morning sneeze and severe cold regularly. Blood tests which was done on Dec 5, 2015 showed that her eosinophil count is 6%, and all other reports were normal. Please advise me as to what best can be done to make her healthy and get rid of all these ailments. I am waiting for your reply.
How to handling my child in health and food and all kind of life and tell me how to take care my wife health after born baby.
My son is 6 years old and he is suffering from Asthma . Please tell me how should I take care of him. Moreover please suggest me what should be given and not in his diet.
My seven months son is having cold and he is wheezing can I keep him in air conditioner as climate is too hot.
My son is going to be 1 years next month. He has got very less hair from birth that too his front head had no hair. We did head shave for him on 29th may n there is hardly a few hair at the back. It was really shocking for us since no one in our family has less hair. In fact I have never seen a bald person in our entire village. All the peoplel in our locality has good hair esp our family members have more. What might be the reason for this. Is it due to poor nutrition during pregnancy. Suggest some remedies to improve his hair growth.
My 5 years old daughter has some marks on her foot, when consulted a skin doctor he diagnosed it as Granulamo Annulare. Is there any treatment for this? If yes could someone advise please. Many thanks in advance.
My son is 21 months old. One week back we travelled by train in AC coach. Till now he is suffering from cough and stuffy nose. I am giving him kofarest pd twice and montair lc once daily. Still he is not recovering. What to do?
My girl child are of 2 year and 2 month old. But she is not speak well. Only some basic word like papa mamma, etc say. Please help me.
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.