Lybrate.com has top trusted Sexologists from across India. You will find Sexologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D K Lodhe
Submit a review for Dr. D K LodheYour feedback matters!
Some Medications May Cause a Bent Penis
Men tend to be very proud of their penises, and why not? A good looking penis, especially when the result of careful attention to proper penis care, deserves a little applause. That's why some men with a bent penis may feel a little self-conscious. It can seem unfair when a man's member causes him anxiety or embarrassment. Preventing an extreme curvature from occurring can help him avoid these feelings, so it's important to know about one possible cause of an excessively bent penis: medications. Not all medications, of course - but some fairly common ones can be at fault.
It's important to note, of course, that there's nothing wrong with a little curvature to the penis. Millions of penises have some curving, and millions of women find a little curve to be their cup of tea. But when the curvature is so extreme as to cause pain and/or difficulty in performing sexually, then a bent penis does become a concern.
Typically, a bent penis of such extreme curvature is diagnoses as Peyronie's disease, named after the doctor credited with first describing the condition. Most of the time, Peyronie's is caused by a genetic condition or to trauma to the penis, causing plaque to build up in an area which interferes with the penis skin's ability to extend and stretch. When the skin on one side won't stretch any further, it causes the penis to curve to that side during an erection.
In some instances, however, this plaque build-up appears to have a different cause - as mentioned, certain medications. At this point, there appear to be three main culprits:
- Beta blockers. Many people with high blood pressure use a class of medications known as beta blockers to stabilize and control it. Also called beta-andrenergic blocking agents, beta blockers operate by slowing down the adrenaline. But they also can cause fibrotic tissue to develop, and when that happens in the penis, a bent penis can result.
- Interferon. Many people with multiple sclerosis or who are being treated for hepatitis C use a drug called interferon. Doctors have noticed a link between multiple sclerosis and Peyronie's disease, and many believe that the link may be interferon, rather than multiple sclerosis itself.
- Anticonvulsants. People with epilepsy use anticonvulsants to help manage their condition. Anticonvulsants may also be used to treat other conditions such as bipolar disorder and neuropathic pain. There is some evidence that one anticonvulsant, phenytoin, may contribute to Peyronie's.
If a man experiences a severely bent penis and thinks that his medications may be at least partially responsible, he should contact his doctor. Before stopping the medication, he needs to talk with his physician and see what alternative options may be available. There may be other medications which can be tried. He may also want to explore what can be done to address the curvature. In some cases, halting medication does the trick; in others, further treatment may be advised.
A severely bent penis, whether due to medications or other causes, is not necessarily a sign of poor penis health - but sometimes paying attention to penis health can help alleviate some of the pain associated with the bending. Using a top drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) is strongly advised. Take time to look for a crème that contains vitamin C. Why? Because this vitamin is a key component in collagen, which helps give penis skin tone and elasticity, which can be beneficial when excess curvature is present. The crème should also include L-carnitine, a neuroprotectiuve ingredient which can help maintain penis sensation which may diminish due to plaque build-up.
Hi my name is venu age 25 and weight is 90 kgs I am suffering from morning wood and less semen quantity please suggest me natural food that increase semen quantity and morning wood previously I used to masturbate daily twice in 20's.
Hi, My penis nerves are visible ugly in shaft and how to its normal position suggest me best medicine.
हर दिन हस्तमैथुन करने से मेरे लिंग मे तनाव कम आने लगा, लिंग की साईझ भी कम दीखने लगी इस प्रॉब्लेम से निपटने के लिये मैने डॉक्टर से ट्रीटमेंट चालू की लेकिन अब मुझे ये डर सताता है की ईसका भविषमे तो परिणाम दिखाई तो नही देगा ना क्यूकी 4 महिनेका ये दवाई का कोर्स है
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
- Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
- Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
- Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
- Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
- Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!