Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D K ChattopadhayYour feedback matters!
I have been having a few eczema like patches on my leg for a couple of years, I have undergone treatment from a noted Dermatologist, the itching has persisted though not spread. Please advice
I am 23 years old. Can I have red wine for my face beauty. How much do I drink? ?I am married. I have 2 kids. Does it have any side affects.
Hi I am 15 years old I had too much acne which I have poped some and some gone it self bt it acne blemish is still there which nt looks good soo what to do to remove these acne blemish plzz help me out ty.
Which is the best face wash and face cream that has best effect on fairness, pimples and dark spots.
I have got dark spots on my cheeks. I have tried almost every face mask and cream but the spots are still visible. Please suggest me a good cream for my sensitive skin.
I wanna ask about face skin. Some pimples on my skin and some dark spots. Please need help. Tell solution please itz urgent.
Scars are referred to as marks left on the skin or body tissue, caused by an accident or injury. Scars are part of the natural healing process that takes place after an injury. When the white blood cells attack bacteria, they cause physical changes to the underlying skin cells around the area, thereby leading to the formation of a scar.
There are different types of scars, caused due to different factors. Some of the commonly occurring scars are:
1) Atrophic scars - These types of scars are flat against the upper layer of the skin. This type of scarring is caused by hyperpigmentation and is marked by discolored parts and patches of the skin. Initially, they are red, dark and raised. With the help of medicines and passage of time, they gradually fade away.
2) Hypertrophic scars - These types of scars appear to be elevated or raised and are caused as a result of a disparity in the production of collagen (connective tissues). These scars do not extend beyond the outline of the original wound, and can remain for a period 2-5 years. Hypertrophic scars turn flatter and paler with the course of time and with the help of requisite medication.
3) Keloid scars - Keloid scars tend to appear when the skin goes through an aggressive healing process. This causes thick, dark, clustered scars to form, which are often in contrast with the surrounding skin. Secretion of excess collagen on the affected area can also be a cause of keloid scars. Although medications are used, the most effective way to remove keloid scars is through surgery.
4) Scar contractures - This type of scar is caused due to burns. Burns present on the joints and creases stiffen the affected area, causing difficulty in movement and flexibility. Deep contracture scars may in some cases lead to dysfunctions in nervous and muscular activities.
5) Acne scars - Acne and pimples are acute skin problems, and the marks they leave behind are long lasting. Acne scars are caused due to severe acne and show differing patterns when it comes to their shape, type, and depth. In fact, the treatment for acne scars varies depending on these factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.