Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chirabikas SarkarYour feedback matters!
My daughter is six months old and was administered BCG vaccine at birth. Till date there is no scar on her arm. Should we vaccinate her again. Does successful BCG vaccine necessarily leave scar?
Hi, our relatives baby has hydrocephalus and placed a stunt from head to stomach almost 3 years back. Now she is nearly 3.6 years old. What would be the next step and how world be her health in future. Now she is very active and doing well. Please let us know the consequences and about her health problems in future. Thanks,
My son- 1 year 3 month age, body very weak- 8.100 kg weight. Only, in his blood test- found ammonia very high 4.8, calcium very low, blood low, so to control ammonia to reduce which food will I give and which food to avoid, which food will give to increase blood, calcium, please Doctor give suggestion.?
Is there any treatment for vitiligo skin? My daughter (10 years old) suffering from vitiligo skin the appearance to her face. Is there a cure can remove the effect of vitiligoly's spots phenomenon?
The pneumococcal vaccines is compulsory? This vaccines are costly , I can not buy. If I not give to my baby . Than it is harmful for her.
I have a son who is doing is iii std. When he starts learning a subject during his study time he spends merely half an hour. After that or if we say that he had studied well so lets move on with the next subject or portion is interest drops and great dislike or aversion is seen in further learning process. He shows arogancy towards me. What is the problem with him. Because of his nature within few minutes he forgets everything what he learnt earlier with interest. Why is it so?
My daughter is 4 months old and being both breast fed and bottle fed with formula milk. She is passing loose stools twice a day. Please suggest any syrup for proper digestion.
My son 6 years old still not able to speak clearly, also he us not behavior like 6 years old child. Pls help.
Dear Doctor, My daughter does not like to eat anything. I have tried baby foods, I have tried home made foods like rice with dal and vegetables etc. But she hates em all. What should I do? We are little worried, though she is enough spontaneous to play and make fun. Should we try Gripe Water or Gripe Mixture? Sometimes her mother forces her to eat and she cries by the time of eating. What should we do? Please Help.
Hi my daughter doesn't like to eat anything. Need to feed her forcefully and she just vomiting the next moment after having the food. Please suggest me.
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.