Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Chinmoy NathYour feedback matters!
My x-ray report says, mildly narrowed space between c4 and c5 And mild retrolisthesis found l5 over s1 of 2 mm. Is this normal? I have pain in upper back and in left leg. What should I do?
I slipped on marble floor real bad. Now I am having lower back pain real bad. It spreads all over my right bum while coughing or even moving.
Hi I'm Vignesh from Chennai, And I have neck and shoulder pain past few years and also my face skin became very dry and glowness.
Theraphy, excercise nd other carriculam was failed to relief the pain of tennis elbow! now what to do?
Dear sir. I am facing neck pain from back of the ear to bottom of the neck. Actually 15 days back little pain started after waking up from sleep. It became worse yesterday night while traveling in bus. Nerves are paining alot. So please suggest me what I need to do further.
I feel dizzy and nauseous every time. I had one violent attack of dizziness and nausea in September 2015 from then I think I have not restored my balance I have problem in standing straight before that I was very physically active person but from that attack my life is changed I just do very little physical work and they make me dizzy. The second attack came on June severe symptoms subsided. I am not able to understand what is wrong with me a slow dizziness 24*7 and a feeling of sinking like if I will close my eyes I will just collapsed. Due to d fear of being faint I am having panic attacks also if i'm at the public places ent person saw me and said nothing wrong with me saw a neurologist he said nothing wrong but still this dizziness. Now taking unani medicine doc said spondylitis but I think it's vertigo I so scared can I be treated my life has become hell.
I got my ankle injured in February last year n in first MRI it said grade 1 tear and in the 2nd MRI after six months. Everything came normal but my ankle still pains. It's been over an year to my injury now n I am not getting any respite from pain so I also took two tricort injection in a month the pain still persist can you help.
I am 19 years old. I am unable to sit even for 10 mins. It leads to severe back pain. What can I do for this?
Hello sir I am anshul I am 20 yrs old man n I have suffering from leg pain problem so what should I do.
Hi doc, I am having acute pain in heels due to which I can't stand and walk because it keeps hurting on my heels. Wat should I do?
Good morning sir My neck was looks like little bit bend and my shoulders are paining sometimes, and I am not able to stand more than 1 hour. What is my problems. Please advise. Thanking you.
My right hand getting pain from last couple of week onwards like somebody pull my hand hardly pain coming from backbone to shoulder joints, sometimes my right side part of body sticking like a mild paralysis please solve my problem doc.
As you get older, you are more prone to old age fractures. This is because of the weakening of your bones and enhanced likeliness towards falling. In case you have osteoporosis, you need to be even more careful to avoid fractures of any kind. Here are some must-read tips for prevention of fractures, which are likely because of old age.
- Exercise for improving balance and strength: Exercise directly impacts the strength of the bones. Keeping fit physically helps the reflexes to stay sharp and the muscles to stay strong. This will in turn result in lowering the risk of falling. When you are fit, you are less prone to falls. Bones do not stay fit unless you regularly work out. You should undertake exercises such as walking, weight lifting and also practice flexibility and balance exercises such as yoga and tai chi.
- Tread carefully: The selection of shoes is very important for preventing old-age fractures. You should wear shoes, which are low heeled, have rubber soles and provide proper support. Avoid leather soles. You should avoid sneakers having deep treads, which increase your risk of tripping and falling. Shoes must be worn inside the house as well. You also need to take several precautions while walking outside. In case you have arthritis, you require an assistive device to aid you with walking such as a walker or a cane.
- Certain medicines to be avoided, if possible: There are several medicines which increase your risk of falling by causing dizziness and lack of coordination. These medicines must be avoided. They include the following:
- Lighten up your surroundings: Because of old age, your vision is likely to degrade, making you prone to cataracts and other disorders. The lack of proper vision can make you fall and cause fractures. For solving this problem, you should install several lights all over your residence or workplace. Use overhead lamps, night lights for bathrooms and for your bedroom and always keep the staircases lit. It is also good to keep a flashlight beside you when you sleep.
- Fall proof your home: You should make your home safe and fall proof. The rooms should be clutter-free without piles of clothes and boxes. A carpet should be put over polished floors and rugs. Electric cords and phone lines should be away from the floor.
As you get older, you are likely to develop several health conditions, which may increase the chances of falls and fractures. Hence, all health conditions you experience should be properly treated to prevent falls and fractures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.