Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Chetan GandhiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my age is just 23 and I have different BP in my both hand right one higher nearly 150 and also I checked my bpm which is above 95 from last one year, and always feel tired and it's really hard to sleep at night please help me.
Hello Doctor! I am 26 years old male. I have a slight breathing trouble when I go to sleep. I couldn't breathe properly when I'm lying on my sideways and it worsens when I'm lying on my stomach or on my back. When consulted ENT specialist, he told me that there is growth in my nostrils which blocks free flow of air. He suggested me not to go for any surgeries as it is not long-term effective, instead, he suggested me to take nasal drops (otrivin o, nasivion, flutiflo). But certain researches say it is not advisable to take these nasal drops regularly. I don't have asthma or any other troubles. My height is 170cm and my weight is 74kgs. Please advice me some natural ways to cure. Thank you Doctor!
I have undergone CABG on 5-2-2016. How long I take medicines. Sill I am taking Clopitab 150, Aztor 40, Prolomet 50, K Cor 5, G3N 2.6, T RolesD, M strong. Pl explain?
I am 36 Yrs old male I have head ache in work tension, due to this tension in some times my heart beat gets low and I had chest pain in night. How can I recover from these.
What steps to be taken in order to avoid heart attack disease kindly suggest some precautions to be taken.
In Ayurveda, the heart or Hridaya is the most vital thing, since it is the organ that is responsible for enabling proper circulation of blood all over the body while governing your emotions so as to keep you fit and energetic. When it comes to the development of heart ailments, a highly stressful lifestyle, and poor eating habits are considered to be the main culprits of heart diseases or Hrudroga.
As a consequence, these causes bring about the hardening of the arteries, leading to problems like angina and obstruction in the blood flow. Factors like high blood pressure, heredity, diabetes, smoking and high cholesterol make you predispose to developing problems of the heart.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda offers safe and innovative preparations for the handling of heart diseases. Plants like garlic, Arjuna, cinnamon and their preparations are used for treating heart ailments. Depending on individual cases, certain very effective natural preparations are recommended by a practitioner of Ayurveda along with lifestyle changes like:
- Getting rid of stress - When it comes to the heart, Ayurveda propounds a holistic approach in the treatment of this organ, which encompasses both physical and emotional considerations. Herbal formulations that contain ingredient like Ashwagandha are known to reduce tension in the mind as well as the body while strengthening the heart muscle.
- Eating right - Developing the habit of correct eating is vital for improving heart health. According to Ayurveda, the ideal food portion should be one that fits into the cups of your palms. Having meals three times a day at fixed timings can help in training your digestive system to not only anticipate but also digest the food consumed. For stimulating a slow digestion salt, ginger and lime can be consumed.
- Removing Ama from your body - For enabling a proper functioning of the heart regular cleaning of the internals is recommended as per Ayurvedic teaching so as to removing Ama from the body that gets accumulated in your blood vessel. From eating a high fiber diet and drinking lukewarm water to going to sleep by 10pm, Ayurvedic treatment of the heart consists of these recommendations.
- Exercising regularly - The key to a good heart health is exercising regularly but in moderation. In this context, Ayurveda believes in the concept of Balaardh, which is exercising to about 50% of your capacity. This reduces instances of strains and injuries received due to exercising. Walking for about half an hour every day is considered to be a great metabolism booster as well and it brings about an improvement of the heart.
- Ayurvedic techinque to relieve stress: Shirodhara is an ancient Ayurvedic therapy, wherein Warm oil (or other liquid) pours in a continuous stream over the forehead or ‘ajna marma’, an area where nerves are highly concentrated. The pressure of the oil onto the forehead creates a vibration. The oil saturates the forehead and scalp and penetrates into the nervous system. The gentle pressure and soothing warmth of the oil allow the body, mind and nervous system to experience a deep state of rest, similar to meditation It has a profound impact on the nervous system. It helps relieve symptoms of anxiety, stress, fatigue and hypertension. It relieves tension, worry, fear and headache as well as depression. It regulates mood and gives feelings of pleasure and relaxation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
My blood pressure is 130/90. An eco tes dignosed borderline left ventricular hypertrophy. Doctor prescribed me concor 2.5. Is it right medicine for me? From assam.
M suffering from high blood pressure from last 5-6years. M taking amlosafe at one at morning n half in evening. Doreme50 n clonafit. 5 at night. Hw safe r dese medicines n hw safe I m to hv such disease at dis young age. please suggest me to hw shud I lead my lyf further.
Hello doctor, my father had a paralytic attack (right hand, right leg and voice) due to high bp and sugar levels couple of months back. We are advised to take mixtard (30/70) insulin in the morning (20 units) and night (14 units) 30mins before food. The current levels are 151 mg before breakfast and 278 mg after 2 hours of the break fast. It seems to be not under control as we have started using the insulin from 4 days. Is it ok that sugar levels remain high and slowly might come down in some days or should we increase the dosage to 24 units in the morning and 16 units in the evening (suggested by the doctor in case sugar levels are not under control). Also please suggest some vegetarian foods for the patient as he has high bp, diabetes and blood clotting. Thanks for your kind help.
Two years ago I had angiography at New delhi, who told me nothing to worry -all clear. They prescribed 150 mg aspirin along with rosuvastatin 10 mg daily at bed time& Embeta AM 25 for BP every morning. Last year they again asked me to continue the same medicines. Since my cholesterol is in normal range. Should I continue with statin & 150 mg aspirin daily or should lower the dose. Please advice.
Yesterday my mother felt dizziness and increased heart beat rate for 2 minute. After this we consulted doctor they have done ecg and they have told BP level is 150/80 Here are the ecg details below, Vent rate 78bpm Qrs duration 68ms Qt/qtc 364/414 Ms. Pr interval 122ms P duration 102ms RR interval 769ms PRT axes 62 46 34 They have given spasm proxyvon plus as she said some muscle contraction. Insisted to go through 2d echo test. Let me know is that test has to be done early as possible and what is precaution we have to take. Is 150/80 is too risky?
I am RAged 49, Serving Border Roads Organisation, Staying in High Altitude Area of Indo China Border, I am a BP patient with hyper tension during last 15 years , regularly using Tab losar H one tab daily. My question is pl advise me to a good medicine that will maintain my BP and hipper tension duly saved my kidney also. Thanks & early replay please
I m a beta thalassemia person. And my body colour is getting yellowish day by day. Is there any natural way to overcome this? And also since few months my chest is paining.
My uncle had angiography and doctor advised for stent implantation. Now he is suffering from chest pain again. He can' t walk for half km even. Hb level is 10. What to do?
Excessive premature atrial contractions (pacs) have been shown to result in atrial fibrillation, stroke and death while excessive premature ventricular contractions (pvcs) have been shown to result in increased heart failure, coronary artery disease and death