Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Serampore , Dist-- Hooghly and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrakanta ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Very nice vet he is
If you want to adopt a stray puppy/kitten or dog/cat at home, things must not be ignored.
1. Be extreme cautious about the diseases that can be transmitted from dogs or cats to human beings.
2. Examine the puppy /kitten or dog /cat carefully and neatly, preferably take it to your veterinarian to rule out any existing disease. Few may be infectious, can affect your other healthy pets at home, if any! scope of carrying contagiuos zoonotic diseases like rabies, leptospirosis etc. Should be carefully assessed and inspected.
3. Take suggestions from your vet regarding deworming of your newly adopted pets as few worms also can be transmitted from them to us particularly to children as well as can endanger pets' life too.
4. Know elaboratedly about the precautions that you have to take after you have taken/adopted that stray animal to your house for safe handling without making yourself prone to any kind of infections transmissible from animals to human beings. If a quarantine period is essential and asked to maintain, you need to follow that.
5. Try utmost to avoid any kind of bite, scratch, lick on your injured/broken skin or on fresh cut on your skin unless this quarantine period is completed or over and you have completed its all possible immunizations including anti rabies vaccine.
6. An adopted stray dog or cat may have many complications and weakness regarding its health. Handle it delicately along with all possible personal health care measures as said above to treat it, so that it can survive and grow for a full health.
7. Complete its all possible vaccinations under indian standard in healthy clinical condition from your veterinarian.
Lastly I wish a better and healthy life for your adopted pet. Just follow these basics and go ahead. No adverse consequence will perturb you thereafter.
1. Comb & brush the coat regularly to keep it free from allergens and any other skin unfriendly substances.
2. Always use quality dog soap or shampoo to bathe the animal. Do not use any human products in this regard.
3. Give a good plane of nutrition fortified well with adequate animal protein, essential vitamins, micronutrients, omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acids etc.
4. When you are not bathing your animal, sponge its body coat with moisturising & cleansing agent containing moistened wipes which also supply few hypoallergenic ingredients to maintain a healthy glossy soft texture of coat.
5. Any onset of allergic manifestation you must handle at the very beginning by contacting with your vet as this may aggravate the condition and may produce a complicated state of skin problem. Allergy is the most difficult and challengeable factor responsible for an acute state in skin affections of almost all types.
6. Now a days, plenty of advanced therapeutic as well as preventive medications (external, internal etc.) as well as many diagnostic aids are available to treat skin diseases. So do not wait or make delay or do not consult any non-professional person regarding the treatment of skin diseases of your dog which may make skin health of your dog further worse. Always consult a specialist veterinarian.
7. Be careful about ticks, lice, flea & mites infestations on your dog. Contact your vet early.
Hello. My pet is almost 11 years old. It is a bitch. Of german Shepherd breed. She have not done any mating yet. Also she is dwarf. She weights almost 20-25 kg. Perhaps. I am thinking to get her cross once. So will it be ok for her to do mating at this age. As it would be her's first time.
At home to know that your dog is fit, alert & free from any kind of ailments, you must monitor the following factors-
1. Playful, active, alert & response adequately to your calls
2. A sound appetite denoting a good health status.
3. Learn how to measure rectal temperature. A rectal temperature must not be lower than 99'F and should not cross 102'F.
4. Water intake is normal.
5. Urination, defecation should be upto the mark.
6. Tip of the nose will be bright, cool & moistened enough.
If all these factors say you that your dog is absolutely fine, you may consider nothing bad is waiting to be happened at the early hours.