Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Language Therapy Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Therapy Oral Language
Submit a review for Dr. Chandan SahaYour feedback matters!
I have stuttering problem while speaking. I am trying for bpo companies, they are saying you have good English even though because of stuttering they are backing while selecting and moreover I'm saying post me into non voice section but my talks are desperate. For proper communication please guide me what steps I need to follow. When I start speaking unknowingly my chest part starts jolting, increases my heart beat and my mind goes off with tense and I will go out of track from what I supposed to speak. From kindergarten I'm suffering from stammering. Please guide me what kind of remedies I need to follow to talk like a normal person.
How to cure Stammering ?/Any medicine to stop Stammering? It will be little difficult for me to doing exercises on daily basis.
My brother suffering from stammering. Till 7year. When he was in tension he doesn't speak anyword. U answer me. Plzz.
I have nervous problem. I always stay nervous from childhood. Even before speaking I think lot what right things l say what not to say. Is this the side effects of childhood trauma? Some bad Incident happened with me in childhood. Please help me to get over this.
Sir can my stammering be cured with practice. please tell me what should I do to improve my speech. I feel very hurt when I stammer in front of someone. I think my breathing is not corect. Sir I am in serious trouble with my speech. I feel like suicide some times.
Respected sir/madam, I am 22 years male suffering from puberphonia where my voice sounds like female I had consulted ent specialist he suggested for speech therapist but the problem is the speech therapist do no guarantee that how many session will it take and how long will be needed to cure the same. The cost for per session is far more expensive for us. So sir/madam please suggest me for any alternative or any other best doctor for my treatment who can guarantee or give assurance to cure my problem at a minimal budget in mumbai. Eagerly waiting for your reply Thanking in advance.
There is some black dots in my tongue and I think this is the reason that I am not able to speak fluently, can you suggest me what should I do?
Hi doctor. I am 16 year old boy and have voice problem. I have nice voice but sometimes lady voice comes sudden. Only for a single word and then back to my voice again. I mean that just for a second lady voice comes. Please help.
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food.