Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Sir, I am a student. Usually when I study for hours there is a headache in my head. I wanted to know is it normal or should I consult this with doctor.
I am taking insulin 55 units daily + glimy 2 mg =2 tablets+ 2 tablets galvusmet 50/500. My sugar is pp 147. Can i stop taking insulin ?
I am 55 years age male. I am having hearing problems since 2 years. I smoke occasionally and drink regularly. I am non vegetarian. Pls advice me the best precautions.
If I took the swine flu vaccine in the swine flu scare During the 70s, would that protect me now? Will this year's Flu shot offer me any additional protection?
I have a allergy problem from people and things I only feel relax when I siit on my chair which is clean by Colin and when I touch any thing or person which is not clean by Colin I need hand wash pose help me.
I having sex on daily basis only avoid when my wife is on period. Is it ok or I have to avoid sex on daily basis. My wife also enjoy the same.
Cell culture vaccines have proved to be remarkably safe and free of significant adverse events. However, mild symptoms of pain, erythema, irritation or swelling at the intradermal injection sites occur in 3?92% of patients. The most frequent symptom is local irritation in 7?64% of vaccines. Generalized symptoms reported by 3?14% of recipients include headache, fever and influenza?like illness. Transient maculopapular and urticarial rashes are occasionally seen. All these adverse effects are mild, transient and self limiting and rarely call for the use of antihistamines and analgesics.
Hi ,m 26 years old I have problems of hair fall continually from 2 years, I consult to doctor she gave me medicine n injections of multi vitamins and I have deficiency of vitamin D and B12 ,so tell me some solutions please my having medicine from January 2016.
Pelvic pain is most common in women, though sometimes it occurs in men as well. There is absolutely no reason why pelvic pain cannot be treated and therefore women need not panic if they are experiencing such pain. The treatment of any pain can be done methodically after discovering its cause. Thus, before jotting down the treatments for pelvic pain, it is important to explore the reasons that cause pelvic pain in women.
Reasons for pelvic pain
- Reproductive organs in women play an important part in causing pelvic pain. The reproductive organ is complex when it comes to women and many small or big problems there might end up leading to pelvic pain.
- Any urinary infection or bladder irritation might also lead to pelvic pain.
- The nerves and muscles of the abdomen may cause pain in the pelvis area as well. In fact, the nerves and muscles are very tender near the pelvis area and care should be taken so that one does not strain them or pull the ligaments. This can cause severe pain.
- Another interesting point to be noted is that sometimes even after going through a lot of examinations, no causes of pelvic pain are found. In such cases it is understood that the pelvic pain is a manifestation of the remains of a long forgotten injury or accident.
- It has been examined and found out that physical abuse can at times lead to chronic pelvic pain. Though this link has not yet been understood properly, but it is seen to be true.
Treatments for pelvic pain
- The most basic treatment is to apply heating pad on the affected area. Heat helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves thereby, lessening the pain. However, this would reduce the pain, but cannot make it disappear in a day. Thus, it is a continued process for a week or 10 days till the pain recedes.
- Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and even muscle exercises like jogging help in reducing the pain. However, this should be done under guidance. One wrong move can actually aggravate the pain instead of lessening it.
- Then there are painkillers which are non-steroidal and help in lessening the pain. Painkillers have a correct dosage and must be taken only after consulting a doctor. Self-medication in such cases can prove disastrous.
- At times, when all medications fail, surgery is the last resort.
Thus, these are some of the treatments that can be undertaken if and when you are experiencing pelvic pain. All these are connected to the root cause and must be followed only under medical supervision.