Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. C SenguptaYour feedback matters!
I am not having a healthy periods from 2 months. It ends in 1 or max 1.5 days. I am worried why this is happening to me. My diet is good. I eat fruits, green veggies and pulses properly. Please help.
My gf got pregnant its conformed by urine test. Right now its not correct time for baby v want to abort how to abort naturally last period was 28 march. Suggest me quick plz.
I am 3 months pregnant and I have lot of pain in my lower back. What should I do? And please suggest a diet plan.
Condoms are the best contraceptive measure you take before having sex because unlike other contraceptive measure such as birth control pills, they actually provide almost fool-proof protection against STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). However, condoms need to be handled with care because if precaution isn’t taken while putting on the condom, it can cause tears on the surface. Here are 5 things you should know about condoms:
- Size does matter: 'One size fits all' might not be a good approach towards choosing a condom to wear, because thay come in different sizes. You should check the size at the back of the leaflet before buying it because buying a size that isn’t the right fit can result in tears which can put you and your partner at a risk of pregnancy and contracting STDs.
- Condoms do not affect the quality of sex: Contrary to popular belief, condoms do not have any effect on the quality of sex or the level of pleasure you derive from the intercourse. 98% people in a research confirmed this fact. So, not wearing a condom because “it doesn’t feel good” isn’t an excuse anymore.
- Latex allergies are a thing: Some people are predisposed to allergies caused due to the latex which most condoms are made of. Symptoms of latex allergy include itchiness, dryness and lesions on the foreskin. If these symptoms persist, don’t be embarrassed to rush to the doctor because the allergy can worsen and prove to be dangerous.
- The four types of condoms: The most common type of condom is the latex one, but because latex can cause allergies, an alternative material called polyurethane is used to make condoms too. For people who are allergic to both latex and polyurethane, polyisoprene condoms are a good option. The fourth type of condom is the lambskin condom which is made of lamb intestines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Me pregnant nai hoparai hu to ap muje batae k ovulation strip kit kese use kare hindi me batae .Muje last 25 feb ko period hue the to kb test karna cahahie.Aur konsa kit accha rahega n ovulation test karne k bad kb n kitne sex karsakte h pregnant hone k lie.
Can on 31 oct and period on 8 nov and now stomach is paining any chance of pregnancy. After period I think on chan ce?
I am 32years old female. I have back pain past 3 to 4 yrs. Aftr done my avotion. Now im nt getting pregnancy also. So what I should do now.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.
I am a mom of a toddler 2 years old and working as well having hypothyroid. I am so much exhausted that wen I go to bed I juat want to sleep dat is the reason I have a fight with my husband almost every day he says I dnt have interest in sex. Whybthis ia so I really do not feel like having sex.
Hi My periods started on 24th of February. I got intimate with my boyfriend on 2nd march (7th day of my period). Although we didn't have sexual intercourse but he rubber his penis on my vagina but didn't ejaculate. I have read somewhere that precum can cause pregnancy so I took an ipill within 36 hours. It started to bleed on 9th march which continued for 3 days. Now I missed my periods which was due on 24th of march. Could I be pregnant? Please answer. Also I have PCOS. Thanks.
Nobody wants to be around a dirty or unhygienic person. This is true for children and adults alike. The former can become targets of bullying while the latter may find themselves socially ostracized. Good hygiene not only enhances your overall appearance but also helps prevent diseases and infections, apart from letting you steer clear of unpleasant psychological issues.
Following are some of the major reasons why you must maintain a good personal hygiene:
- Social reasons - You'll hardly find a person who wants to be talked about, particularly in a negative manner. By keeping your body well presented and clean, you can be assured of projecting a confident body image that mirrors your personality.
- Psychological reasons - By being clean and well groomed, you can feel more optimistic, especially in your social circles. Your probability of succeeding in social settings, at work or even in the case of romantic liaisons is likely to get enhanced with good personal hygiene.
Hi i am a 21 years old female my height is 5.4 and my weight is 48 kg I wanna know is this weight is fine at this age?
What do you mean by a body contouring cosmetic surgery?
It is a new medical subspecialty that involves the contouring and sculpting of the body wherein any excess fat deposits anywhere in the body is removed and body sculpted to achieve perfect, harmonious body proportions. This involves procedure like liposuction in various methods. Among the many methods of liposuction, laser liposuction has its advantages in that the procedure does not leave loose skin. The skin tightening takes place in the same procedure itself. You are not left with loose, sagging or crumpled skin.
What are the body areas body contouring is done?
Commonest among them is abdomen in both men and women followed by thighs, butts, love handles ( flanks) and arms, breast in women. Among men seeking cosmetic surgery, Gynaecomastia is more common.
What is the common age group seeking body contouring?
In men, those with gynaecomastia are common in 20-30 years of age though there are other age groups which is not so common. Men seeking tummy reduction is common in 30-45. Women seeking body contouring surgery is common in 25- 50.
What is done in a body contouring surgery?
It is a minimally-invasive surgery involving removal of the fat that is in excess which gives rise to abnormal shape. In laser liposuction procedure, after the removal of the excess fat, the excess redundant skin is tightened additionally y laser that leaves a smooth contour. The skin tightening lifts up the skin and concerned body part like breast lift, arm lift and thigh lift.
How safe is the body contouring procedures?
Body contouring procedures are safe as they are walk-in procedures. One does not need hospitalisation or general anaesthesia when done by laser liposuction method.