Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Brahma Sharma
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Brahma SharmaYour feedback matters!
Lupus is an autoimmune disease, which is chronic i.e. lasts for years or more than at least six weeks and may affect any part or organ of the body. The immune system fights off viruses, bacteria and germs by producing proteins known as antibodies. Autoimmune means that due to some defect, your immune system is unable to differentiate between the healthy tissues in your body and foreign invader that harms your body; thus creating antibodies that destroy the healthy tissues. This causes inflammation and damage to various parts of the bodies, leaving the sufferer in excruciating pain.
- Fatigue: Most of the people suffering from Lupus experience weariness and fatigue. People usually take afternoon naps to remedy this. However, this may lead to insomnia. Talk to a doctor to successfully cure this symptom.
- Unexplained Fever: If you suffer from recurrent fever that hovers around 99 to 101 degrees Fahrenheit, visit the doctor as soon as possible since this is a sign of infection or inflammation.
- Hair Loss: One of the most prominent symptoms of Lupus is hair loss or thinning of hair. You may find your hair looking brittle, thin and ragged, including the hair on your eyebrows, eyelashes and other parts of the body.
- Lesions or Skin Rash: Another prominent symptom is the butterfly rash that covers both the cheeks and the bridge of the nose and appears right before a flare up. This rash may occur all of a sudden or when exposed to the sunlight. Lupus also causes lesions and discoloration on various parts of the body due to exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
- Pulmonary Issues: Lupus causes pleuritic chest pain due to painful inflammation in the lungs as well as the areas surrounding it such as diaphragm and lung blood vessels. This affects the patient's breathing process. Moreover, Lupus is also known to decrease the size of the lung also called the "Vanishing Lung Syndrome" that is identified by shortness of breath and chronic chest pain.
- Kidney Inflammation: Most individuals suffering from Lupus tend to develop nephritis that is inflammation in the kidneys. It is imperative to visit the doctor if you have symptoms of Nephritis as it may cause end-stage renal disease (ESRD) if untreated.
I am losing my color which type of precautions should I take please send as soon as possible I am fearing since last 2 years about my color.
I want to remove permanently tattoo in my hand please provide the details doctors list and contact number and fee details.
I am 24 years old male. I got a blister on the lower left part of my lip after oral sex with my girlfriend. It is painful and there is some swelling. How can we deal with this? Is it herpes? Are we both infected? Thank you.
You can reduce your acne by following these skin care tips:
- Wash twice a day and after sweating. Perspiration, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, can make acne worse, so wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
- Use your fingertips to apply a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser. Using a washcloth, mesh sponge or anything else can irritate the skin.
- Be gentle with your skin. Use gentle products, such as those that are alcohol-free. Do not use products that irritate your skin, which may include astringents, toners and exfoliants. Dry, red skin makes acne appear worse.
- Scrubbing your skin can make acne worse. Avoid the temptation to scrub your skin.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Shampoo regularly. If you have oily hair, shampoo daily.
- Let your skin heal naturally. If you pick, pop or squeeze your acne, your skin will take longer to clear and you increase the risk of getting acne scars.
- Keep your hands off your face. Touching your skin throughout the day can cause flare-ups.
- Stay out of the sun and tanning beds. Tanning damages you skin. In addition, some acne medications make the skin very sensitive to ultraviolet (uv) light, which you get from both the sun and indoor tanning devices.
- Using tanning beds increases your risk for melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, by 75 percent.
Consult me if:
- Your acne makes you shy or embarrassed.
- The products you've tried have not worked.
- Your acne is leaving scars or darkening your skin.