Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Biswanath MajumderYour feedback matters!
Dr. I m 26 years woman. I had married 31 January 2016. Our first night my husband had insert penis in my vagina n in 2 sec his sperm out. I m highly disappointed. I have married with impotent loser. I want to die I can't live with him. I can't leave him bcz of my parents reputation. please help me what it happened. My husband was crying in my feet not to tell his family. Can you help us.
My son is suffering from sever OCD. He spend 2-3 hrs in washroom. How to treat him? He is 18 years old.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
People often consider their wedding as the most important day of their lives. Well however, that is a myth. The most important days of your life are followed by your wedding. That is the time that you lay the foundation for a strong and happy married life. The building of this foundation may be affected by some things, the most important factor being failing venereal activities.
Go to a specialist before your big day, so that the days that follow don’t embarrass you in front of your partner.
Not being aware of your sexual potencies is a threat to your conjugal life. People today are too busy planning their wedding and making lavish expenses. But most often they ignore another important factor.
Do you know what is that?
What is important apart from this is the premarital self sexual assessment. Don’t let your first time with your partner be the very first time you test your abilities. Even a good car needs its test run before it leaves the factory and almost every car needs a good service for better performance. That is exactly what premarital self-sexual assessment is.
In case you are not all that aware of the self-assessment techniques or need an expert’s guidance, make your way to a specialist, in this case, a Sexologist and get help. Checking your sexual wellness before your wedding is the most important task at hand and nothing tops it on the priority list.
Why do you need premartial self sexual assessment?
In case you are torn between the decisions of whether to visit a sexologist or not, here are a few factors that make Premarital Self Sexual Assessment mandatory for you-
- It helps you to assess your ability to perform
- It helps you to make sure of your parenting future
- It helps you to prevent yourself and your partner from any STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), and most importantly
- It saves you from the embarrassment of non or unsatisfactory performance for the first time, post wedding
How does premartial self sexual assessment works?
There are some ways that you can self-assess your sexual potencies. Some of the most effective ways include:
- Ejaculation Time: Monitor whether you are stricken by premature ejaculation. If yes, take the help of a specialist to delay it. Also, check whether you have a satisfactory ejaculation. Non- satisfactory ejaculation can lead to some health issues in the future.
- Erection Wellness: A great help extended by the premarital self-sexual assessment is checking of your erection wellness. In case there is the unsatisfactory erection, treatment from a specialist can help you reach optimal erection.
- Libido Wellness at Home: Another factor to be addressed during premarital self-sexual assessment is Libido Wellness at home.
- The Complete Recovery from ED and PE: Dual Action Package is the most effective way of dealing with any unsatisfactory sexual condition. Here is where it becomes important for you to consult a sexologist before marriage. A sexologist will provide you with the best Premarital Sexual Assessment as well as the best treatment to put you in the best of your form.
Sir some time I don't get my memory. Some memory not get in my mind. I want to know how to improve my memory power. Please help me.
I am suffering from hypothyroid and mental disorders. It affected my body parts and my brain. What should I do to overcome the problems of hypothyroid and depression?
My father is having problem to sit on his arse due to pain in the tail bone. He hardly sits down in a chair or a sofa n lies down on his bed in stomach. It has been a year this coxis pain has troubled my father. Kindly suggest a solution to it. We've been to doctors who have said to take rest. The pain decreases when he is on leave n take rests but however the pain comes back again as he has to travel in bus or train sitting. I kindly ask you a solution to it. What do we need to do to cure it.
Hi, 25age, consuming alcohol last 6 years, nowadays little avoiding the alcohol, means instead of daily I'm having 2 days in a week, problem is shivering my hands little nowadays. Please suggest I will do, really scared.
Sir/Madam, aged 39 years from Tilak Nagar, Delhi. I am an accountant Weight 72 kg. Height 5.8" I am suffering from Negative thoughts, mood swings. For this I have taken Fluvo for six months (Nov'15 to May'16). It helped me lot but due to Lever Abscess in June 16 I have to stopped the medicine. Now from last one month I again feeling depressed.
Sudden stop of smoking weed will cause any defects ? How to get out from it ? Is that any natural way without tabs or any.
Using these memory-enhancing techniques can help improve your ability to learn new information and retain it over time.
One of the golden rules of learning and memory is a repeat, repeat, repeat. The brain also responds to novelty, so repeating something in a different way or at a different time will make the most of the novelty effect and allow you to build stronger memories. Examples of using repetition include:
Repeating a name after you hear it for the first time
Repeating or paraphrasing what someone says to you
A day planner or smart phone calendar can help you keep track of appointments and activities and can also serve as a journal in which you write anything that you would like to remember. Writing down and organizing information reinforces learning.
Try jotting down conversations, thoughts, experiences.
Review current and previous day's entries at breakfast and dinner.
If you use a planner and not a smartphone, keep it in the same spot at home and take it with you whenever you leave.
Learning faces and names is a particularly hard task for most people. In addition to repeating a person's name, you can also associate the name with an image. Visualization strengthens the association you are making between the face and the name. For example:
Link the name sandy with the image of a beach, and imagine sandy on the beach.
When you are having difficulty recalling a particular word or fact, you can cue yourself by giving related details or 'talking around' the word, name, or fact. Other practical ways to cue include:
Using alarms or a kitchen timer to remind you of tasks or appointments.
Placing an object associated with the task you must do in a prominent place at home. For example, if you want to order tickets to a play, leave a newspaper ad for the play near your telephone or computer.
When you're trying to remember a long list of items, it can help to group the items in sets of three to five, just as you would remember a phone number. This strategy capitalizes on organization and building associations and helps to extend the capacity of our short-term memory by chunking information together instead of trying to remember each piece of information independently. For example:
If you have a list of 15 things on your grocery list, you can group the items by category, such as dairy, produce, canned goods, and frozen foods.