Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Bimal KhetawatYour feedback matters!
I just tested to find my cholesterol level is fairly high. Total is 244 mg/dl, ldl 152 mg/cl. Non hdl 199. 2 mg/dl. Pl advise what medicine to take.
Research has shown that sitting for prolonged durations has many dangerous effects on our body in the long term.
1) On your back -
The problem: sitting for long hours can cause muscle aches and pains. It can also lead to abnormal bending of your spine which may make one more prone to have long term back pain.
The solution: keep your back straight and maintain proper posture.
2) On your weight -
The problem: according to a recent research, people who say they watch television frequently are 40 per cent less likely to exercise than non-tv watchers.
The solution: get up and get moving.
3) On your brain
The problem: researchers recently found that prolonged session of watching tv before going to bed makes it harder to fall asleep, reduces sleep, and makes one groggy the next day, even after clocking eight hours of sleep. The reason is that the blue light which the television emits, inhibits the release of melatonin, a hormone that helps you go to sleep.
The solution: limit your tv viewing to two hours after work.
4) On your lungs
The problem: among the many health hazards it causes, sitting for long hours can also shrink your lung capacity by a third, so you get less oxygen, which causes a decrease in mental focus the second you sit on the couch.
The solution: sit on a chair with a pillow behind your lower back. It is a position that helps open your lungs.
5) On your heart
The problem: An international study found out that on an average, every single hour of television watching after 25 reduces life expectancy by close to 22 minutes.
The solution: researchers have discovered little mortality risk for people who watch less than an hour a day. Pick a show that's a real brain numbing deal, so you're more likely to need time between episodes.
Sir meri age 55 years he hai blood pressure 30 sal se he 15 sal pahle neoplastic bhi hui thi or mughe cml bhi he me cardias10 and cancar5 and Leviticus bhi leta hu pichle 6 mahine se penis me hardness aati hi nahi he or aati bhi he to1minit ke liye sex ki bahot man hota he penis me bahot weakness he intercourse bhi kabhi hardness thodi aati he to 1 minit se jyada nahi ho pata please iska bina said infect wala treatment bataiye.
I have a border line sugar (fasting 107) and pre-diabetic condition (blood glucose level 6.3). Increeased cholestrol and triglycerides. Increased thryroid, uti 15-20 pus cells and esr 44. Do I need to start medicine for diabetes?
I am a 34yr old male and have pain in heart for last 1.6 yrs. Now in a days (mostly pain in heart down side approx 10 hrs per day slowely pain and suddenly create in mid in heart for 5 to 10 minute per day not easy pain) and I feel painfull breathing, feel pain in heart in heart. I checkup ecg but not any problem found? what should I do?
Im 27 years old. Very much disturbed. Im suffering frequent heart palpitations since 2 years. Did do ecg test, thyroid and blood test, everything normal. But palpitation doesn't seem to go. Please help.
मुझे बी पी हाई की प्रॉब्लम है जो क़ि मुझे कुछ दिन पहले ही पत्ता लगा । कोलेस्ट्रोल भी ज्यादा है 270 । मुझे बताये की मुझे क्या क्या परहेज रखने है बीपी 100 140 था जब मुझे पत्ता लगा
Hello! I'm a 40yo woman. I'm dealing with blood pressure for quite a long time now. But recently it's been a disaster. For the past few weeks, the lowest it got is 130. It's always above 150. I was supposed to go for a surgery (that's for something else) but my doc told me to get my blood pressure balanced. How do I do it? Pls help.
The result of tsh= 5.170 (range. 550-4.780) but t3 and t4 are within the range mentioned. Wht does this mean. Do I have hypothyroidism and is there any need to take medicine. Also, wanted to know does this mean I have to take it lifelong. Pls guide.
Sir/ madam I am 76 years old. I have under gone CABG in 2013. From than I am not able to respire through nose. I am forced to respire from mouth all time. I have consulted allopathy, ayurveda doctors but problem could not be solved. Please suggest me.
Research suggests “overweight and obese people tend to develop heart disease at an earlier age.” The study indicated that “heart disease begins 1.8 years earlier in overweight middle-aged women compared with normal-weight women, and 4.3 years earlier for those who are obese.” The investigators also found that “obese middle-aged men suffer heart disease 3.1 years earlier than normal-weight men.”
I am on medication for hypertension for last 10 years and take losar 50 mg and ctd 12.5 daily. My bp ranges between 140/83. Also I am taking medicine for hypothyroidism for last couple of years thyronorm 75. The values of t3, t4 and tsh are within normal range. I do daily morning walk for 40 min for 6 days a week. What precautions I need to take to keep things under control.
Chest pain may be caused by multiple problems within the body and while being a problem in itself, may also be a symptom of a bigger underlying problem. Chest pain may be caused by anything from simple chest congestion due to a cold to something far more serious such as the onset of a heart attack. While it is important that life style changes be made to prevent major issues, homeopathy can provide relief for many symptoms till extensive medical steps are taken to correct the problem.
Some causes of chest pain
2. Onset of a heart attack
4. Weakness of the arteries
5. Weakness of the heart muscle
8. Chest congestion or cold
Symptoms associated with chest pain
- Stable angina – Vice like constriction or choking, pain may be spread to right or left arm or both, dyspnoea before pain.
- Unstable angina – Chest pain occurs at rest.
- Pericarditis – Pain radiates to the left side of the shoulder which gets worse by lying in a flat position.
- Pneumothorax – Severe chest pain along with shortness of breath, cyanosis, restlessness and collapse.
- Pneumonia – Sharp pain which, gets worse by taking deep breath and coughing.
- Pulmonary embolism – Short rapid breathing, sharp pain in middle of the chest that is worse by deep breathing.
- Gastroesophagial reflux disease – Difficult painful swallowing, pain in the middle of chest which, extends to neck, back and shoulders.
- Myocardial – Vomiting, dyspnoea features of shock, profuse sweating, fever, low blood pressure, pulse small rapid and irregular
Homeopathic remedies for various kinds of chest pain
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which a patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat chest pain, but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility of the patient. For this patient’s current symptoms, past medical history and family history are taken into account. There are many homeopathic remedies which cover the symptoms of chest pain and can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment of chest pain, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. In medical emergencies like myocardial infarction and pulmonary embolism, immediate hospitalization is usually required. Some important remedies are given below for the treatment of chest pain:
- Arnica mont. – Chest pain with sore and bruised feeling.
- Ranunculus b. – Good remedy for intercostal rheumatism, sharp stitching pain in the chest along with dyspnoea.
- Kali carb. – Stitching pain in the chest, which gets worse between 2-3 A.M
- Actea racemosa. – Pain worse on the right side.
- Bryonia – Chest pain is of stitching, burning and stabbing in nature, is worse by motion and better by rest and pressure. Thirst for large quantities of water and dryness of mucous membranes often accompanies.
- Rumex c. – Sharp stitching pain through the left lung, often with cough.
- Stannum – Knife like stitches, worse on bending forward and left side.
- Phosphorus – Violent tickling cough, chest pain due to tuberculosis of lungs or pneumonia along with oppression of the chest.
- Aconite – Chest pain due to pneumonia of first stage along with anxiety and restlessness.
- Robinia – Burning pain behind sternum due to hyperacidity.
- Strophanthus – Chest pain is of stitching and twitching in nature and often of cardiac origin.
- Digitalis - Digitalis is known chiefly for its action on the heart, and it is rare that a patient suffering from an affection of that organ does not get Digitalis in some form.
- Cactus - Perhaps the most important remedy in heart affections,from the homoeopathist’s standpoint, is Cactus.
- Lachesis - Lachesis is the best natural Homeopathic medicine when episodes of fainting occur along with Palpitations during menopause. The women needing Lachesis have an aversion to wear any tight clothing.