Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. bilquis hasan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. bilquis hasanYour feedback matters!
I feel my jaw are very painful especially when I move my neck towards front site and I listen a clicking sound from my right side of jaw when I open my mouth. I also feel heavily breathing problem from it. Is this breathing problem occurred due to my tmj problem? If yes or no then how to cure this problem?
I am feeling that my gums are loosening/ shrinking on teeth, the roots of teeth is slowly coming out of gums, although there is no sensation in the teeth. Any precaution or treatment? Please advice.
Sir please suggest me. I have an allergy that mouth ulcer. It repeated again and again per week one time. How can I get cure from it.
Hello doctor, I am suffering from following problem: Gum of the teeth became raddish. Thin white layer on the gum of teeth. It is painful while I take spicy food with pepper. This is for more than two years. Regards.
Is sensodine repair and protect toothpaste good doc? Why do I feel pain in my molars every time I use it? Kindly suggest good toothpaste for sensitive teeth to use after flap surgery. Thank you.
We all look at pictures of our favorite celebrities and long to have that perfect while smile showing off well-aligned teeth. However, due to various reasons, our teeth do not seem to be like theirs. Some of the reasons for the not-so-white teeth include:
- Food habits like excessive cola, coffee, tea
- Tobacco chewing and smoking
- Fluoride deposits seen in people in which the community water has excessive fluoride content
- Side effect of medications like tetracyclines.
However, with teeth achieving major cosmetic value, a lot of developments have happened and now a set of white pearls need not just be a dream. Whether it is just one tooth which is oddly colored or the entire set has taken on a darker shade, teeth whitening procedure comes to the rescue. It is well within the reach of most people, with options that can be managed both in the office and at the convenience of your homes.
Whatever the technique, the basic chemical is the same, hydrogen peroxide, which is a well-known bleaching agent. This works very well on extrinsic stains and may take repeated visits to the dentist to whiten teeth with intrinsic stains like fluorosis.
Things to remember:
Before going ahead with teeth whitening, the dentist will inform you that:
- Cavities need to be treated before teeth can be whitened
- Receded gums need to be treated before teeth whitening
- Any crown work that is pending should be done before the teeth whitening can be done.
Once all the above mentioned things have been take care of, the next step is to clean the teeth completely. This cleaning will ensure that your teeth are free of bacteria and other deposits. The patient's impressions are then taken to make customized trays.
The dentist will provide you with a kit, which contains the trays and the bleaching material. The material should be applied on to the trays, left in place in the mouth to produce the bleaching effect. This may need to be repeated for about 2 to 3 weeks.
Whitening can be done on vital teeth or on non-vital teeth-
- Vital teeth are usually bleached in the clinic, where the bleaching agent is applied on the tooth. It is then activated by a laser light to produce the active chemical that whitens the teeth. If the staining is excessive, then in-house vital tooth whitening may be followed by a couple of home applications.
- Non-vital teeth: Teeth which are root canal treated turn brown over a period of time. Whitening these root canal treated teeth is known as non-vital tooth whitening.
So, if you are not happy with your set of teeth, there is always a solution – get them whitened and see your smile broaden.
I'm having bad breath. Also I've hard yellow later behind my teeth. Is that the reason for my problem.
Dental anxiety is a widespread problem in populations across the world abstaining them from regular dental visits. Previous studies reported 64% of individuals nervous of dental treatment, with a smaller but still significant number of adults (2.4–5%) classed as dental phobics (serious psychological problem). Surveys completed by the American Association of Endodontists reveals that most people with a fear of the dentist are based on others’ experience and not their own. Being an Endodontist (“endo” – inside; “odont” – tooth), I am compelled to write about Root Canal Treatment given its bad reputation in general. A thorough understanding of what is going to happen is half the battle won.
WHAT IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
Root canal treatment is the removal of nerve and blood supply of the tooth to remove its sensation. A tooth crown has essentially 3 layers- outermost ENAMEL, DENTIN in between followed by PULP (THE INNERMOST VITAL PART OF TOOTH)
As long as decay or trauma or infection underneath old fillings or fracture are restricted to enamel and dentin, FILLINGS are enough. The moment the problem hits the PULP, it is clearly a Root Canal Treatment. Precisely, avoiding a Root Canal Treatment is entirely in your hands by scheduling regular dental visits and getting the required intervention done on time.
NEGLECT STARTS OUT AS AN INFECTION THEN BECOMES A DISEASE.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
- You have severe tooth pain especially on chewing or applying pressure on that side of the mouth
- Excruciating thrombing pain in lying down position
- Tender or swollen gums near the painful tooth
- Lingering pain in your tooth when it is exposed to hot or cold temperatures
- NO PAIN AT ALL
- Tooth appears darker or discolored
- You see a tiny pimple on your gums with intermittent pus discharge.
IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT PAINLESS?
Every patient undergoing Root Canal Treatment for the first time has invariably enquired about this. While every tooth and every person responds differently, ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS PAINLESS- before, during and after the procedure when performed by a skilled and experienced root canal specialist.
At Dental Panache, we ensure to invest maximum time and attention is making you numb in a pain free manner. We use topical gels and sprays to make your soft tissue numb before injecting it with very fine needles to ensure minimum discomfort. We also administer long lasting anaesthetic agents for longer appointments. When the local anaesthesia is effective, the whole procedure is absolutely PAINLESS.
Before the anaesthesia effect wears off, we start your antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs for about 3-5 days to ensure smooth healing and speedy recovery.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT LAST?
Though root canals can be done in a single appointment (without crown), we prefer to complete the whole process in two appointments to better judge the tooth’s response and manage it effectively. Every appointment typically lasts for 45- 90 minutes. We always give you bite blocks to open your mouth so that you are not tired.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING OR AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- It is normal to feel tenderness or dull aching pain in the affected area for a few days because the ligament between your tooth and socket may be inflamed.
- Avoid chewing from the affected side till the crown is fixed. A root canal treated tooth inherently becomes weak and is always covered with crown for protection to prevent fracture while chewing hard food stuff.
- A foreign body feeling remains after crown cementation for 1-2 days.
- Start eating only soft food with the crown for the initial few days and gradually start using it like any other natural tooth.
- For long term success, proper oral hygiene habits and regular dental screening are imperative.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT HAS FAILED?
It usually takes 18 months for a Root canal to FAIL (Before symptoms appear). Root canals can be safely attempted again at least twice with fairly high success rates if done by a skilled practitioner. The success rate of retreatment has been shown to be in the range of 80% healing.
PRESERVE NATURE’S GIFT
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE YOUR NATURAL TOOTH (NO DENTIST CAN RECREATE ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOUR OWN TOOTH). If you do not get a proper Root canal treatment done, the tooth may eventually fracture. Studies have shown that well treated root canal fillings will last for many years, if not a lifetime. It is any day better than removing the diseased tooth and getting it replaced by a bridge/implant (depending on prognosis of the case).