Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bikash Basu
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Bikash BasuYour feedback matters!
I live in delhi. My son (age 4 yrs) has squint in left eye. What is the cost in squint surgery. Also let me know best hospital in ncr. Also I want to know is there any complication as future perspectives in my son's as I heard that no more operations can be done in future now. This surgery ia safe or any risk involved in that. please guide I am very worried.
I am suffering from dust allergy and it affects my eyes. My eyes often go red and become ithy. How to cure this?
I am neha shukla female age 21 years old. I have problem in my eyes. I have been using spectacles since 12 years n by using it my eye sight is getting weak day by day. So after having talk wid my doctor he said to use lenses so that my no wil stay stable. Bt by using lenses too my no is increasing. I wanted to go for LASIK too. Can you guide me what to do?
Hello doctor I have a query here. It’s regarding strabismus. I have -4 power spectacles. Before my eye used to squint as people used to tell me that your left eye whenever I used to look extreme left or right without blinking my left eyes used to be a bit misaligned. So I started doing exercise like pencil gazing and eye rotation so now I can say it’s better if does not 95 percent of times now. BUT there is one problem, Whenever I try to look Up and read something, it becomes blur ,it’s the same for Left and Right and whenever I look straight it’s absolutely clear. And whenever I close one eye and try to look at a pencil suppose or a letter it become blur and I can feel the covered eye squint a bit and the I can see from my uncovered eye clearly. I don’t understand what is the situation with me doctor?
From few days sir. My eyes is paining very much after using my laptops or watching television I have glaucoma diseases and I use iotim eye drop regularly for 2 times a day wht did I do now sir please give me some suggestion sir.
.my son is 5 years and 9 months old. Ophthalmologist diagnosed he had a congenital myopia his power is left eye-4, right eye-4.5. I want to know that congenital myopia is curable or not. If it is curable means which methods is very safe for him? He needed spectacle lens or not? If he were spectacle lens means will reduce the power or not? Please tell me I am worried about my child.
I have keratoconus in one eye and done C3R I want to know after C3R vision remain same or progressive decrease with time.
Visual disorders are seen to develop in school going children and should be taken care of with utmost care as neglecting such disorders may affect their learning ability. They might find it hard to adjust and cope in school. Some of the common visual disorders which children are affected with are mentioned below. Read more to find out about them:
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye): Amblyopia is a medical condition in which an eye has developed poor vision. It is also known as 'Lazy Eye'. It occurs when the vision in one eye is significantly better than the other. Amblyopia occurs due to strabismus or misaligned eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: Conjunctivitis or 'Pink Eye' occurs in children due to allergic reaction which is not contagious or due to bacterial or viral infections which are very contagious. If infected with conjunctivitis, it is advisable to stay at home to avoid spreading the infection.
- Myopia: Myopia is also known as nearsightedness. In this condition, the cornea is steep and the rays of light fall in front of the retina. This leads closer objects to look clear but far off objects to look blurred.
- Hyperopia: Hyperopia implies farsightedness. In this condition, the eye is shorter than normal hence the rays of light cannot focus clearly on the retina. This results in objects close at hand appear blurred. Reading a book or threading a needle becomes difficult.
- Astigmatism: Astigmatism is a condition in which both near and far off images appear blurred. In this condition, the cornea which is naturally circular is stretched in either horizontal or vertical direction. Astigmatism can occur along with myopia or hyperopia.
- Blocked tear duct: When the tear ducts are partially or completely obstructed, it hampers the drainage of tears and results in a chronically, watery infected eye. You are advised to consult an ophthalmologist if such a condition occurs.
- Orbital Cellulitis: Cellulitis generally occurs due to an eyelid infection or an upper respiratory Infection. Cellulitis includes swelling of the eyelids and fever. It is a serious medical condition and it is recommended to consult a doctor for consultation.