Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Bijay PatniYour feedback matters!
After testing I had been detected as vitamin-d deficiency. If we have vitamin-d deficiency then vitamin b12will also be less? Now a days a feel pain in various parts of my body mostly different parts of my chest, one day feel pain at one place next day in other part, is this due to vitamin -d deficiency or anything critical?
I feel like my heart is burning continuously after taking food. I have tried capsules and eno but it gets me temporary relief. Is there any serious concern. Please assist me what should I do. Thank you.
From heart point of view, using which oil (rice brine, mustard, refined sunflower, refined soybean) is the safest while cooking food? Moreover, does using single toned milk make a huge difference than double toned milk?
I feel much pain in heart and sometime I have problem of headache. I have problem in breathing please give me advise what can I do.
I am a 16 year old girl. And I have a lot of thigh and arm flabs and also a belly pouch. How to get rid of these?
Mam, Good day. Apple cider vinegar Lowers cholesterol level and inclusion of two tablespoons of this vinegar can help tacking high cholesterol effectively. Please advise how many times in a day this is to be taken. This vinegar can't be taken plain, it has to be taken with water. Await your reply ASAP.
I am 45 years male, having chest pain in both right and left chest. When I take voveron tablet the pain goes away. But comes back few days latter. Kindly advise.
I have done with follicular studies today was 11 th day of my cycle my Right ovary at 19.7 x 13, 13.2 x 11 mm, 11 x 10 mm, 10 x 9 mm and Left ovary is 22.8 x 19.7 mm endometrium is 8.8.4 m. Why does right ovary has 4 counts what does it means?
I have fat on my chest that doesn't look good please tell me some remedies to remove fat from chest so that chest nipple can become tight.
I get chest pain sometimes for few seconds when I don't eat food for long time or sometimes when I eat more this may be due?
I am 61 years old and had angioplasty about 10 years back. Recently I came to know that Sunflower oil is not good for lipid profile contrary to the popular belief. Then which are relatively better edible oils for heart patients.
My heart is too weak as compared to my friend in same age. I consuming lots of food including Staple food as Rice, dal & mix curry regularly & also Junk foods, fruit & salad too. Hence, why my health doesn't getting healthy? What's the reason behind it? I following guidelines of doctor also. What can I do? Please help me doctor.
The term 'chest pain’ is a very common term and is usually used in day to day life. Basically, chest pain refers to the pain that may generate in your chest, shoulder and can travel to your ribs, jaws and towards your arms. The feeling of the pain can be sharp or dull, depending on the severity of your condition and cause.
There can be several reasons behind chest pain. You need to conduct a few tests to examine the real cause of the chest pain. It is always advised by health experts to take the symptoms of chest pain very seriously in order to avoid any serious problem in the future. Most of the severe and life-threatening diseases behind chest pain involve lung and heart problems. People having serious heart problems often feel discomfort, followed by pain in their chest area.
Chest pain which is related to any heart disease such as heart attack usually has symptoms like:
- Feeling of fullness and tightness in the chest region
- Burning or crushing pain, which travels from the chest to jaw, hands and back region.
- Breathing problem
Usually, it is very tough to distinguish whether the pain is associated with a heart problem or not. But generally chest pains which are not related to heart problems involves symptoms like
- Sensation in your mouth
- Problem in swallowing food
- Pain that worsens when you cough
- Burning sensation in your chest
Common causes of chest pain
- Angina: Angina is a medical condition described as a feeling of discomfort or pain in the chest region. This situation occurs when your heart muscles don't receive blood, which contains rich oxygen. Angina is a symptom of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). The pain can take place in your shoulder, jaw, neck and arms also.
- Lung problems: People with lung disorders can encounter various types of chest pains. But some common causes are:
- Pleurisy: It is a type of medical condition, which occurs due to inflammation of the lining of chest and lungs. Due to this, you feel a sharp pain at the time of breathing, coughing or sneezing.
- Pneumonia: It is a type of lung infection, which causes chest pain.
- Pneumothorax: It is a type of lung disorder, which occurs when a portion of your chest gets collapsed.
- Asthma: It is a type of condition, which occurs due to shortness of breath and causes chest pain while coughing, sneezing and breathing.
- Gastrointestinal problem: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is also a common reason for chest pain such as burning sensation in your heart.
- Other causes of chest pain: There are several other reasons of chest pain such as muscle strain, ribs injury, shingles, anxiety and panic attacks. It is always important to consult a physician whenever you encounter any of such chest pain symptoms.