Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhola Ballav Ray
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhola Ballav RayYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. And boiled water fell on my hand. Now there I have gor white mark. How to get skinn colour?
Hello sir/mam I am 19 year girl, since last 7 years I m having a big black spots on my body some are on my face also. I have consulted about it in very reputed doctors of delhi, bhopal, gwalior. They all told me that. Due to any wrong medicine consumed by me. I am having a drug reaction on my body. And it will recover naturally. But it doesnot shows any effect till now. Please suggest me what to do. If you want.
Due to these days pollution my skin tone has changed his can I improve it and I also had a problem of Tan.
Bowen's disease is a skin disorder; the main symptom of which is the formation of a pink or a red surface on the skin which may result in small erosion. The patches usually grow very slow but if left untreated, can lead to a more serious threat of skin cancer. The seriousness of Bowen's disease increases if it is not diagnosed or treated at the correct time. This skin cancer is known as 'squamous cell skin cancer'.
Symptoms of Bowen's disease:
- There will be several patches on the skin with distinctly clear edges and showing no sign of healing.
- The patches are may be red or pink, raised or flat over the skin where it forms.
- It may spread rapidly over a small localized area
- It can be itchy (in some cases).
The patches are predominantly found on areas such as the head, neck and in the lower legs. Once they start to develop, you should immediately consult a skin specialist who may take a sample of the skin for diagnosis.
Causes of Bowen's disease:
- Bowen's disease is caused due to long exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun. Usage of tanning/sun beds may prove to be problematic.
- Weak immunity system can cause Bowen's disease and can hamper the entire diagnostic process.
- Previous history of Radiotherapy treatment.
- HPV virus that can affect the genitals.
It must be noted that Bowen's disease is not hereditary in nature.
Treatment of Bowen's disease:
- Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen is used to treat the part of the skin which is affected.
- Surgery: The abnormal skin is operated under the effect of local anesthesia.
Post-treatment follow-up is very important for the entire treatment process to yield results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.