Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Bhaskar MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
As soon as you're thinking clearly, express your frustration in an assertive but non confrontational way. State your concerns and needs clearly and directly, without hurting others or trying to control them.
Sir I consult a doc for my daughter for depression they suggest olanzapine fluoxetine combination 25 mg at night during this time can I send to school .she is saying I am unable to concentrate wat is going around me not understand unable to do wat to do next. She is very intelligent in studies bt not she is struggling to read 4 lines and forget what she studied after that .my question is she better after taking tis tablet and how long she has to take. Can we give cbt for her .pls suggest.
I am 42 years old male last 6 months I am feeling burning sensation & muscle pain in my body I am also suffering with high acidity.
If you're a smoker, quit. It's the single best thing you can do for your heart health.
Smoking is one of the main causes of coronary heart disease.
A year after giving up, your risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.
Doc does not matter how much I am tired and feeling sleep I am never able to sleep in the day time. In the night only my body rests but not mind. Always I feel mentally exhausted. Whole night my mind process thoughts please please help.
I am suffering from lack of enthusiasm in any work. Apart from that I had been suffering from mental and physical weakness. What are the medicine I should take?
The field of positive psychology explains this. Research says, one of the signature strengths that such people have is" gratitude. Gratitude makes them take better care of themselves physically and mentally. It also makes people engage in more proactive and healthy way. It promotes the motivation for exercise, healthy diet and willingness to wriggle out of any negative situations in life. It helps boost your immune system. Since it makes you more optimistic and alert, you cope better with stress and feel healthier.
How to have an attitude of gratitude?
1) be mindful of what you have - being thankful for very small things actually bring a great amount of joy. Have gratitude for small things like sunlight, rain, flowers, a cup of tea, a caring spouse, a child's laughter. It gives us the resilience to cope with tougher situations.
2) keep a gratitude journal - every night before going to bed, write down" what was the best thing that happened to you that day. It fosters better sleep and a sense of well being and satisfaction.
3) reframe challenging situations - it's not the situation but our perception of the situation that makes it challenging. You can reframe your reactions and respond by saying that" I may have a very demanding boss, but I have become more organized, patient. It will help you to attend to your work and be cheerful.
4) practice saying thank you - it's very simple. When you buy a bus ticket, just smile and say'thank you. Feel the first raindrops on your face and smile in gratitude for all the life it brings.
5) focus your attention outwards - according to emmons, a us psychology professor, people who are more aware of the positives in their lives tend to focus their attention outside of themselves. They feel complete, satisfied and fulfilled in their lives and are capable of helping the less fortunate ones.
If you have any questions, please click on" consult privately.
Myth: depression is not a real illness.
Fact: depression is a medical illness; a health problem related to the brain and is the major cause of disability. Research has shown the involvement of abnormal brain activities in patients with depression; hence, it should not be confused with ordinary sadness.
Depression is different for everyone, but just like any illness, it can get better with the right help and support. Your doctor is the most trusted ally for treating depression that can help you to lead a normal, healthy and active life.
If you have depression, a thorough physical exam and careful medical history should be elicited to pinpoint a physical source of the problem for an appropriate treatment.
In depression, it is important to not only look for what?s going on in the mind and brain but also check for what?s going on in the body. Many medical problems have been linked to mood disturbances.
Over fifty percent of heart attack survivors and those with cancer report feeling depressed. Depression is also linked to diabetes, Parkinson?s and other chronic conditions.
Depression too can affect the course of a physical disease. Depression is linked with slower recovery from a heart attack and an increased risk for future heart trouble.
Thyroid disorders also affect mood. Overactive thyroid can cause mania and under active thyroid can cause depression. Other medical conditions associated with mood disorders include certain neurological conditions (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson?s disease, Alzheimer?s), other hormonal imbalances and lack of vitamin B12.
My mother has a depression .She is going through with some hallucinations like to see colours by watching video songs n movies .She called her siblings n friends when she feel something is going wrong n shouting start for 1-2 hrs until she feel relaxed .Sometimes she feel someone in home is doing black magic . What to do doctor HELP her .EVERY YEAR she has a same problem For 2--3 months.
Depression is a serious mental illness in which feelings of sadness and loss of interest last for weeks and interfere with daily life.
There are numerous factors that can trigger the onset of depression, including:
- Actions and conditions (like threat, abuse)
- Illness (such as cancer or chronic pain),
- Social isolation or loneliness and
- Stressful life events (such as divorce or money problems).
- Depression can cause deep emotional pain both to the person experiencing it and, often, to that person's close family and friends.
There are several different types of medically recognized depression.
- Major depression
- Episodic Depression
- Post Partum Depression
- Pre and marital Depression
- The most common type of depression is called major depression
It occurs when your symptoms interfere with your enjoyment of life or daily functions — including your work, sleep, and eating habits for atleast two weeks straight.
Some people experience only one episode of major depression in their life, while others may go through numerous episodes of the illness.