Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhaskar Mandal
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Bhaskar MandalYour feedback matters!
I have backbone problem from last 6 month. What should I do. Mujhe khana khane ka Mann nhi karta hai kya karu.
Good Evening, My name is Farhan and I am suffering from headache. It pains in the left portion of backside of my head. So; kindly can you please tell me why that happens and what should I do for that and usually I sit by bending my upper portion of my body.
Muscle sprains and ligament tears are one of the most common injuries that medical practitioners encounter on a regular basis. These injuries are painful and can also limit one’s movement, needless to say. However, there are simple things that can be done as soon as the injury happens so that the impact of the injury can be reduced, the symptoms minimised, and recovery improved.
A sprain is a tear of the ligament. The ligament is responsible for connecting the tissue strands that connect the bone to the muscle. When this sprain affects the muscle or even the tendon, it is known as a strain.
Sprains are very common and can occur due to a fall, twist, or impact. Most commonly affected areas are the ankles and wrists. Sprains happen when there is a pull or a twist of the ankle or the joint. This is very common in athletes and can be caused by repetitive motions in the knees, wrists, elbows, etc.
- RICE therapy: RICE is an acronym for rest, ice, compress, and elevate. Rest the affected area immediately by stopping any further activity. Ice the area using an ice wrap, with the ice cubes wrapped in a towel or a cotton cloth. Repeat this exercise if possible for every 20 minutes. This will reduce the swelling and pain. Compress the area using a sling or a wrap. This will help in reducing the swelling. Elevate the affected area if possible above the heart. This will help control the blood flow and thereby reduce the swelling and pain.
- Pain control: If there is pain that needs medication, go for the non-steroidal drugs like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If it is a child that is injured, it is advisable to give non-aspirin ones.
- Seek professional help: Most sprains can be self-limiting over a couple of days. However, it is advisable to seek medical help if there is significant pain, swelling, or numbness, open wounds or bruises, or inability to move the joint.
The doctor may decide to do the following.
- Scanning or imaging to rule out any internal hard/soft tissue injury like fracture or tear
- Immobilise the joint with a splint or a cast
- Start physical therapy if there is severe pain and immobility
- Surgical repair if there is a ligament injury
A word of caution to athletes or people who are very active physically is to go easy on the joint. In an eagerness to quickly get back to their routine, more and severe damage may be caused. This can be avoided by allowing time for complete healing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I am 59 years old having back ache, local doctor has detected de-alignment in l-1 & s-5 in my spinal bone. I am taking calcium, what should I do?
I am 31 years old. I am suffering with body pains especially knee pain. I am used to go for playing volleyball. previously I went a doctor near to my place he said that you don't have sufficient strength in your legs due to play of volley ball regularly.
Sir, 2 months before I am operated for ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) reconstruction in sports injury center, Safdarjung, New Delhi. But till now I am having difficulty in walking, I can't walk properly and for long distance. So, I want to know that how long will it take to get perfect in walking and without any difficulty. I regular do advised exercises but apart this, is there any need for physiotherapy to recover fast.
Dear Doctor I have femur of neck fracture done surgery. Now 3 months completed. May I know how long to recovery .and am a medical representative. There is any problems in future. Now am using stick while walking. I have experienced some pain in hip. Please help me.
I am 23 years old I am having back pain from last 2 months And I am not feeling active in my daily activities so please suggest any exercise without medicine And I have belly fat in order to reduce that what precaution should I follow.
I am 27 year old I am getting pain last 1 month in knee please suggest me what should I do. Thank you.
I have back pain from last 13 year and also take medicine in 2009-10 but it is not well. So give me some knowledge about this problem.
I have pain in my back. It started from a point in back and continuous to left leg psin goes from back to leg.
My mri report is Minimal right knee joint effusion Partial tear of pcl low grade partial tear of acl Grade 2 medical signal (intrasubstance medical tear/ medical degeneration) in posterior horn of medial meniscus. My Symptoms : When I run locking leg sometime then it regular. Also slightly move between between joint So should any surgery required or not? What should I do?
I am having pain on the right side of my shoulder delta region. I use gym regularly n every week I does shoulder exercise. Is it because I do exercise its paining?
1) Castor Oil - Castor oil is one of the best natural home remedies that is available at many medicine shop or grocery shops. Castor oil has anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties and can be used in various other problems too. For using castor oil in fracture, dip a clean cotton cloth in castor oil and wrap it around that particular bone, cover the cloth with duct tape and leave for one or two nights. It will strengthen your bones and help to remove fracture.
2) Kalonji Or Black Caraway Seed - Kalonji can do wonders in fractures. Its high medicinal properties and contents make it very useful in almost all of minor health problems including fracture of bones. Kalonji contains zinc, iron, phosphorus and many compounds along with antibiotic qualities. For using kalonji for fracture, take kalonji or black caraway seeds oil and massage that particular area of bones two times a day for 10-12 days. You will feel better after using it.
3) Turmeric - Turmeric is another wonderful gift of nature to the mankind that can be extensively useful in various problems like skin infections, in injuries, various mouth related problem and in fracture too. It has various wonderful medicinal qualities like anti oxidant, antiseptic and anti inflammatory. To use turmeric to heal fractures, drink turmeric with milk at least twice a day to recover quickly. Another old method is to make paste of turmeric and onion, make a poultice of this paste and put it on the affected part. You can also tie it with some plastic wraps for 1-2 days.
4) Tying With Wooden Piece - This is one of the methods that I myself have experienced. This looks simple but it is very effective, the only limitation is you can?t use it on every bone, it can only be applied on leg or hand. For using this method, take a small wooden piece and tie it with cotton cloth or plastic on the affected bone area for 10-12 hours.
5) Ice Pack - This method is also worth a try for bone fractures. It is very simple to use and can be very effective. For using put some eyes on a cotton cloth and apply slowly around the affected part for 5-10 mints, repeat this 4-5 times a day to see its effect.