Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Basudeb Laha
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Basudeb LahaYour feedback matters!
What are the main causes of continued sweating in hands and feet. For about all three time I sweat more and more.
I am student, my question is my digestive system is not perfect and I am feeling weakness every time.Please tell.
Doc. I am 18 years old and my height is 5" 6 and my father height is 5" 4 then my height will be growth and I am looking like unhealthy just like a 16 year children please suggest me good nutritions and good food for growing my height.
Hello Dr. I want to just ask that I lost my virginity. I have marriage in october what I will do.in surgery is their is any side effect. How much time it will take? Cost of surgery?
What are the precaution should be not to form taken for kidney stone? I had a stone of 7 mm will it effects my body I did not get any effects till now no pains no nothing what are observation of right renal calculus will it has any effects I mean any side effects.
Hi I am 32 years old and my eye side is weak from last 17 years. Recently checked my number increased so much. My eye side is weak for far away things. Close things I can see properly. Is laser surgery is possible for me? Is that safe?
An overactive bladder is a condition that is characterized by a problem in the bladder storage function; a problem that eggs one on to urinate frequently. This condition can cause problems in your social and work life. You may isolate yourself from others and feel embarrassed about the situation.
If you have an overactive bladder, you may exhibit symptoms of frequent urination, involuntary leakage of urine and frequent urge to urinate. These symptoms might disrupt your daily life; so it is important to seek advice from a medical practitioner.
To better understand what causes an overactive bladder, you need to know how the urination process works. Urine is produced by the kidneys, which flows to the bladder. During urination, the urine is excreted from an opening in the bladder and flows out via the urethra. As the kidneys secrete urine, the bladder starts to fill up. During this stage, nerve signals are sent to the brain; signals that trigger your body to urinate. The bladder muscles tighten that pushes the urine out of the body.
An overactive bladder results from the involuntarily contraction of the bladder, which might happen even if the content of urine in the bladder is low. These contractions create the urge to urinate. The various causes of an overactive bladder are:
- Excessive fluid intake, if your fluid intake is high, then you may have the tendency to urinate frequently.
- Presence of tumors or stones in the bladder can make the bladder overactive as well.
- Excessive alcohol or caffeine consumption has the same effect as an excessive intake of fluids has.
- Urinary tract infections may interfere with the entire process of urination, thus causing your bladder to swell up and become overactive.
- Other diseases and conditions such as constipation and an enlarged prostate can hamper bladder functioning.
There are multiple approaches to treat an overactive bladder; your doctor may use one or a combination of multiple methods.
- Medications: Medications such as Trospium and Tolterodine help in relaxing the bladder. These medications help treat symptoms of frequent urination.
- Bladder injections: Botox is a protein that is injected into the bladder that causes partial paralysis of the bladder muscles. This helps in treating the constant urge to urinate. However, its effects are temporary as they last for 6-9 months.
- Lifestyle modifications: Certain lifestyle modifications such as incorporating exercises to strengthen the pelvic muscles, maintaining optimal weight levels and bladder training to control its functioning can help with managing an overactive bladder.
- Surgery: If the other treatments do not produce the desired results, then surgery is usually recommended. The aim of the surgery is to enhance the storage capacity of the bladder and reduce bladder pressure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!