Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Basak
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. BasakYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years old my tooth very senitivity inever eat hot & cool i am using sensodine and colgate senstitive paste but no use pain is continue please tell me solution ?
My wife is 30 years old and 58 kg in weight. Mostly she has problem in her teeth. And having pain in right side lower jaw. She already have uprooted two jaws. She has tried root canal also but not successful. Kindly suggest some solutions. Thanks. Nawab.
Whenever I drink or eat cold thing my teeth start paining for few minutes after few minutes it becomes normal, what should I do?
It's been a week since I quit smoking. I face teeth fatigueness and shaky. I also notice that my gums have turned greyish. Please help me out with the possible resolution and how to recover from the same.
Daily my gums are bleeding from 6 months I gone through 2 times cleaning and taken good tooth paste but not yet stopped bleeding what I have to do suggest me.
Sir I have no problem but cold water feel my teeth when m eat sweet or something I feel hot cold water problem.
I have severe sensitivity in upper and lower jaw during eating drinking chewing etc. Could you please recommended me any herbal or another product to overcome the effect of sensitivity please.
Do not use your teeth for doing something other than chewing food. Using them for the follwoing can result in chipped or broken teeth:
- Cracking nuts
- Removing bottle tops
- Ripping open packaging .
I have sensitivity problem in my teeth help me to recover it . I also try Colgate but it can't recover me.
Am 30, male. My right side bottom wisdom teeth smells very very bad even after brushing and mouthwash. All other teeth and gums holding them are fine. I infect took paste in finger and applied all around the teeth and gums but still when I put my finger over the gum and teeth joining area of wisdom teeth alone this bad smell all throughout the day. I need some help from someone regarding this. People say I must pull out the teeth. Am not old enough to lose the wisdom teeth. Also I cant afford thousands to pay to dentist. Any solution please.
Various measures to maintain the right oral hygiene
Hi! I am doctor Diksha Batra from Smile Essentials, the topic for the day is a question that is usually asked, how do I keep my teeth, clean doctor? This is a common question so we decided to come up with 4 easy quick steps for you to look after your beautiful smile Step 1 is a simple thing called flossing but none of us really do it. Flossing is cleaning in between your teeth, it really becomes difficult to use a thread so we recommend a device which is called a disposable plastic. A disposable plastic is a simple device like a toothpick but it is actually better than that. So it is used to clean between teeth to solve all your problems with cavities, gum diseases or even bad breath. Once flossing is done all the loose food debris is dislodged and now you can move to step 2.Step 2 is brushing, all of us do recommend brushing twice a day, once in the day and once at night. We do recommend choosing the right toothbrush, it has to be a toothbrush with soft bristles.
We recommend using a motorized brush as the best mode of cleaning your teeth but if you are using a manual brush the bristles should be soft. We are often asked which toothpaste to be used? The toothpaste can be any toothpaste but it should have a gel component as well as a paste component to protect your teeth not only from cavities but also from gum diseases. Use fluoride which protects your teeth from cavities. Step 3 is tongue cleaning, this is one of the most important steps in prevention of bad breath. Tongue cleaning can be done with either a metal or plastic tongue cleaner just ensure that all the white deposit on the tongue is removed completely. These are the bacterial disease that causes halitosis or bad breath Step 4, of course, is mouthwash, use a diluted mouthwash with one cap mouthwash and one glass of water, make sure to use an alcohol-free product.
Besides these four points please ensure that you are replacing your toothbrush every 3-4 months and make sure that you rinse twice a day even if you can't manage to brush. Also ensure that you are rinsing after every meal, also make sure that you get a dental cleaning every six months to detect any new cavities and to even ensure that there is no gum disease. With this we say that these are the 4 simple steps to maintain 32 teeth and a beautiful smile.
This is doctor Diksha Batra once again from Smile Essentials.
It's a myth that since a child's milk teeth are bound to fall off, they don't require any special care or dental treatment. Several researches and studies have proved that any decay or damage to a child's milk teeth leads to problems that affect the permanent teeth as well. Also, a mother's improper dental hygiene during pregnancy proves to be harmful for the developing baby. Here are some useful tips if you're planning a baby or if you already are a proud mother of one!
- Your dental health also contributes to your overall health. Just like you pay regular visits to your Gynaecologist during pregnancy, make sure you also find yourself a friendly, neighbourhood dentist to take care of yours and your child's teeth.
- The hormonal upsurge during pregnancy casts its effects on your gum health too. This leads to increased inflammation and plaque build-up in your oral cavity resulting in gazillions of bacteria in your mouth. What goes in your mouth, goes inside your body too. All these bacteria are transferred through the blood stream to your baby resulting in the following ill effects:
- Do not defer your dental treatment. Most dental treatments can be safely done during the second trimester. Any emergency dental problem can be taken care of after obtaining a consent from your gynaecologist.
- First visit, first tooth. The first milk tooh appears at 6 months of age and that's when you need to schedule your baby's first appointment with the dentist. Keep your kid's gum pads clean by wiping them with a clean wet gauze pad or wash cloth after every feeding. Start brushing your child's teeth with a kid-sized toothbrush when milk teeth begin to erupt. Don't let your child sleep with sweetened milk bottle or pacifier in the mouth.
- Be a role model. Overcome your own apprehensions related to dentistry and inspire your children to take care of their oral health. Good dental habits need to be taught at an early age. Monitor your kid's toothbrushing till 8-9 years of age. Teach them the importance of regular dental visits.
Follow these useful tips and pass on a healthy legacy to your child. A mother always wants to give the best of everything to her children and what's better than a healthy smile.