Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Barin Roy Choudhury
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Barin Roy ChoudhuryYour feedback matters!
My nasal turbinates are enlarge in both the sides so its very difficult for me to breath from nose. I had tried putting nasal drops but is there another solution for this problem what should I do?
My ears got blocked with water after swimming classes though one of the ear unblocked within an hour the other one is still blocked with water I have tried all the ways to remove water from my ears steam happen on one leg gravity etc but all in vain nothing is working. Now I tried clear wax drops clogging is still there but little bit of relief is there. Pls suggest some drops or medicine to remove this water from my ear.
Hi sir mai 24 saal ka hun sir mujhe pichle 20 din se gale ka andar ka hissa jisko halak bolte hai wo laal hai doctor ko dhikhaya to wo bolte hai ki infection hai dawa le raha hun par aram nahi ho raha hai mujhe kuch sujhao de.
Took Otrivin for more than 3 months daily! And now, I guess my nose remains stuffed for no reason, even when I'm fit and healthy. How do I get rid of my nose's addiction? Its quite humid here in Kolkata, so humidifiers don't work. Saline sprays don't work either.
I'm 28 years old boy. Before 2 months ago some disease in my nose and when I clear it bleeding and pain. And also have problem for taking breath. Kindly help me and giving the solution early. Thanking you.
I have some problems in my nose. This is allergic type. Some liquid flow in my nose mostly without cold. Please tell me what is actual problem?
I am having a lot of pain in my throat and my throat, nose And MOUTH is full of phlegm_even I can not breath properly__i have tried a number of medicines gargled with warm water and many more things but still there is no relief__please suggest some medicine please, I am of 18 years. Whenever I eat something sour or any fast food my throat got effected immediately. Please help me out ✌
Sir. I have throat problem for three days. I am finding it difficult even to swallow salavia. I have taken antibiotic ciprofloxacin. But still it is hurting. Any proper medicine.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.