Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bapan Kr SadhukhanYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old male. I recently developed fungus on chest and my doctor advised me to take Syntran 100 mg for 3 weeks, twice a day along with that I apply Lulifin cream 2 times. It's the third week going and though the fungus on chest has gone but now it's developing on my face and arms. What should I do? I am also taking Sotret medicine 30 mg at night along with Syntran as I was on that medication before. Do I need to change tablets? How can I stop the fungus to spread? Also if this fungus is transferable to others? Fungus till now is white powdered substance. please help me out!
Hey Doctor, I have pigmented (black) lips. What could I do to get rid of it ?Could applying desi ghee help?
Sir/mam I am 42 female, I have masa (small out growth of skin) almost black coloured on my face, they are too small special on my cheeks near eyes. Some one suggested to get them off I need to undergo laser treatment. Someone suggested me some thuja tablets in homeopath. What is right? If tablets are right then which one to take? And if laser then how much is it costing approximately?
I have tan all over my hands neck and foot as well also in these recent 4-5 years my skin tone has changed a lot to dark . Any suggestions to me for a fair skin? I am 22, male.
I have oily skin Dr. please give me a suggestion to remove my darkspots and which facial kit I should use and which facewash is good for my face suggest please.
I am having blackheads on my nose. I tried all methods of removing it like clean up and all but it comes back again. Is there any permanent solution for it.
Hey I'm a female and I'm 21 years old. I have excess hair on my body. Specially on chest, stomach and back and on jaw line. I believe it is due to hormonal imbalance. 2 years back, I had less hair and now it's very prominent. I usually bleach it or wax it. I want to get rid of it or atleast reduce the hair growth in my upper body because it is very embarrassing. Is there any medicine which I can intake and reduce the hair growth or get rid of it completely? Please help me :( looking forward for your reply. Thanks :)
From past few days her left breast is having sensation like air bubble bursting kinda. When this is happening there is a pain kinda sensation. please help.
1. Olive oil : Massage your hands with some warm olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes twice daily to enjoy soft and smooth hands. Olive oil has anti - ageing effects also.
2. Oatmeal : It is a natural cleanser and an exfoliater. Also its protein content locks the skin moisture inside keeping them soft. Prepare a mixture with 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal, ½ to 1 teaspoon of honey and a little water to make a paste. You can also add a little freshly squeezed lemon juice.Rub this mixture on your hands.Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
3. Coconut oil:It is not only good for dry skin but also soothes the skin damaged by UV rays. Apply warm extra-virgin coconut oil on your hands.Massage for about 5 minutes using circular motions before going to bed everyday.
4. Milk cream : A natrural moisturizer, an exfoliater and the skin ph maintainer. So rub some fresh milk cream on your hands. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then rinse off your hands thoroughly with lukewarm water. You can use this remedy daily.
5. Honey : An antioxidant with anti ageing effects. Mix equal amounts of honey and glycerin. Apply it on your hands, wait 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
6. Lemon juice: Its a cleanser and lightens any spots on skin. Add the juice of 1 lemon and some honey to a small tub filled with lukewarm water. Soak your hands in it for about 10 minutes. Pat dry, then apply a little bit of vitamin E oil or olive oil to maintain the moisture level of your skin. Use this remedy a few times a week.
Hi so I have horrible dark circles around my eyes which do not go in spite of adequate sleep and it's not a hereditary problem either. For a year now I've been using make up to cover it but recently my boyfriend broke up with me and he was harsh enough to say that I look the worst without make up which has made me so depressed over time that all I do is cry now and the stress is affecting me in other parts as well and I have lost all my hopes of getting rid of these ugly ass rings around my eyes. Please do NOT give me any natural remedies because I'm tired of them, I've tried in vain for 3 years now and I want something that's the most effective and the quickest way to make them go away. The longer I live with these dark circles, the more I feel suicidal. I do not want to be wearing make up my whole life.
I am male, 30 years old, I have hyper pigmentation (melasma) on face, which is best sunscreen lotion for better, please kindly suggest. My skin normal.
Everyone is familiar with the causes of body odor from sweat. Sweat itself does not have any odor; it is when it interacts with bacteria (underarm pits or groins), the sweat gives out a body odor. Although body odor brings a downslide during social interactions, the sources of body odor can be more serious than a person might consider and may not go away with regular baths or by applying deodorants. The article discusses a few sources of body odor other than sweat.
The Fish Odour Syndrome
Trimethylaminuria (TMAU) is a common body odor disease due to a genetic disorder. It is also commonly known as the fish odor syndrome and might be inherited in nature. The rare metabolic disorder does not allow the production of Flavin-containing Monooxygenase 3 (FMO3), an enzyme which generally converts trimethylamine (TMA) into trimethylamine oxide (TMAO) by the process of N-oxidation. This results in building up of TMA, which releases a fish odor smell through sweat and mouth. TMAU can be treated naturally in the following ways –
- Keeping distance from foods, which have choline, carnitine, nitrogen and sulphur. For example, salt-water fish, eggs, etc.
- Reducing the doses of antibiotics taken.
- A medical study also suggested that in 85% of the cases, taking in charcoal or copper chlorophyllin helped to reduce the body odor.
There is also secondary trimethylaminuria (TMAU2), a type of TMAU where it is not hereditary.
Rotten Apple Smell
Diabetic ketoacidosis is a diabetic disease when untreated. When the body is not able to compose enough insulin, there is a metabolic disorder which makes the body burn or break down excess fat for fuel. This causes the person to exhale breath with a sweet but disgusting aroma similar to the smell of rotten or decomposing apples. This is the reason why doctors, specializing in body odor, ask the patients to go for a urine or blood test, to determine whether the patient has diabetes. Treating diabetic ketoacidosis is same as managing teeth disorder –
- Brushing teeth regularly and flossing daily.
- Drinking plenty of water to keep the mouth moist.
- Following all the medical prescriptions to regulate the sugar level of the body as given by the doctor.
It is also reported by medical clinics that body odor can result from emotional stress disorders causing excessive perspiration. It is common among teenagers who are in the phase of developing hormones.
A man or woman who is looking completely healthy and fit from the outside can too have body odor disorders. This will affect their social relationships, and so it is always better to seek advice from the specialists so that effective actions can be undertaken as soon as possible. A doctor can prescribe appropriate medication and advise some natural measures to restrain the problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.