Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bapan Kr Sadhukhan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bapan Kr SadhukhanYour feedback matters!
Dear sir /Madam im suffering with acne scars my age is 22 and my face is oily skin ,so please suggest me good medicines to get glowing skin and spotless face.
The skin is constantly exposed to sun and multiple environmental pollutants, causing a lot of degeneration. The face, being the most exposed part, bears the brunt of this. A number of dark spots, wrinkles, sagging, fine lines, etc. appear as a result of ageing and become very prominent on the face. Not just are these cosmetic concerns, but they also affect the person’s morale.
The body has millions of types of cells, but there are some known as stem cells which are totipotent the ability to transform into any type of cell (blood, bone, muscle, skin, etc.) These totipotent stem cells were used earlier in treating sports injuries to repair joints and ligaments. They are present in large numbers in fat and so the affected joint would be injected with fat, and the stem cells from here would help in regeneration of the joint. The same concept was extended by cosmetic surgeons to treat facial ageing problems. Fat extracted from an area (usually abdomen or inner thigh) is injected into predetermined areas on the face. These then act as fillers and help in skin rejuvenation and repair.
- Case selection with both the doctor and the patient.
- Setting realistic expectations is very important
- The area selected for fat extraction is injected with local anaesthesia
- The excess oil and blood from this extract is removed by blotting
- It is then mixed with growth factors, which are embedded in beads of hyaluronic acid, which allows for prolonged and constant release of growth factors
- After thorough mixing, this is then injected into specific areas on the face in multiple planes – usually three, from the innermost to the outermost layers of the skin
- The growth factors used for each of these layers also could differ. The second layer could have more of protein (collagen) as it helps in keeping the skin firm.
- The topmost layer could have more of blood cells as it is involved in vascular supply
- After this, a final resurfacing is done to ensure the fine lines and superficial skin damage is repaired
- The face may also be sculpted in specific areas to correct additional features, like the jawline
- Fat deposit correction (some addition, some removal) may also be done.
- No surgical incision required, only needle incisions to extract and infuse fat cells
- Faster healing
- Done as outpatient procedure
- No hospitalization
- No anaesthetic required
- No scar, as the fat is used from lesser visible areas like inner thighs
- Quicker and remarkable results
- Complete facial rejuvenation
- Can be done from patient’s own blood or from a donor
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Almost everyone experiences a skin infection at some point of time or the other. A skin infection can be defined as any change to the skin that affects its look, colour or texture. It may or may not be accompanied by pain and itchiness. While some skin infections clear up on their own, others need medication. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root cause of the infection instead of only the symptoms presented. Thus it cures the disease instead of merely subduing the symptoms. Additionally, homeopathic medication has negligible side effects.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat skin infections:
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This can be used to treat cases of eczema where the skin is covered in small blisters. It can also soothe the itchiness, pain and swelling that accompanies this rash. Such rashes are aggravated by cold and damp weather and can turn into herpes or uriticaria is left untreated.
- Graphites: Graphites can be used to treat a number of skin infections. It is most commonly used for dry or itchy skin, cracked corners of the mouth or eyes, blisters on the scalp and hair that breaks easily. It can also be used to treat eruptions between fingers and at joint bends.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is used primarily to treat acne and nettle rash. It can also be used to treat rashes that accompany menstruation in women and rashes due to indigestion or uterine problems.
- Sepia: Sepia is a useful homeopathic medicine for herpes and psoriasis. It can also be used to treat eczema on the hands and dry, chapped skin.
- Arsenicum: : Any skin problem that results in the thickening of skin along with itchiness and a burning sensation can be treated with Arnicum. Some such skin ailments are chronic uriticaria, psoriasis and chronic eczema. This homeopathic medicine is also used to treat pimples and nettle rash.
- Sulpher: Sulpher is a very good way to treat acne, psoriasis and eczema. It is best known for its centrifugal properties that bring symptoms up to the surface of the skin. Sulpher can also be used to treat rough skin and burning sensations caused by aggravated washing.
- Thuja: Thuja is the most effective way of treating warts and ensures that they do not recur. Its antibacterial properties make it also useful in treatments of acne, black heads, age spots, scaly skin, freckles and carbuncles.
Hello doc, I have marks and dark spots on my face due to chicken pox and it is about one month these marks are still on my face. How to remove these marks please help.
Acne vulgaris or pimples are a common skin condition, which occurs mainly due to the action of hormones on the oil glands in the skin. It's a skin problem that affects the teenagers the most. Although the problem starts early in the teens. However, it is not necessary, sometimes the problem surfaces only in the late teens. At times, acne gets better when one gets out of the teens but again, this is not the rule. In some cases, it may persist well into the third decade of life.
The draining ducts of the oil glands get blocked and hence they are not able to drain the oil secretion. The oil and cells inside the blocked gland form an environment for the growth of Propionibacterium acnes (the organism responsible for acne). Thus, it results in the formation of pimples or acne. Acne is not a serious health threat but it can cause scars. The most common spots for breakouts are the face, chest, shoulders, and back.
Types of Acne:
According to a study over 90% of teens get acne, likely due to an increase of hormones called androgens during puberty. Acne can appear in the form of:
- Seborrhea: a condition involving scaly red patches on the skin.
- Papules: are small solid pimples that appear inflamed.
- Pustules: contain fluid or pus.
- Nodules: are large papules.
- Whiteheads and Blackheads: They are also known as Comedones and are caused by dead skin cells, oil, and dirt blocking pores.
- Cysts: Cysts are large lumps found beneath your skin that contain pus and are usually painful.
Thus to avoid all this, natural cure can be done by avoiding junk foods and increase the intake of water along with healthy foods like fish, whole grains, carrots and green vegetables.
Causes of Acne
The primary cause for the result of acne is a rise in androgen (Type of Hormone) levels. Androgen levels rise when a human becomes an adolescent. Or in other words, acne occurs when the pores on your skin become blocked with oil, dead skin or bacteria.
Homeopathy for Acne or Pimples
Homeopathic medicines are far superior in giving results when it comes to the treatment of acne. Homeopathy does not resort to the use of any quick fixes. The intention is to correct the underlying causes. This allows the things to settle down on their own and without the need for any strong medicines. It does take some time to get things in order, but once the results start coming, there is no looking back. The problem is cured once and for all. Here one may add that even the scars left on the face from old pimples can be cured easily with Homeopathic medicines for acne scars or pimple scars. I often get cases where the pimples or acne have left permanent scars on the face. There are a lot of homeopathic medicines that not only cure acne but provide exceptionally homeopathic treatment for acne scars. One can safely say that homeopathic treatment for acne or pimples is the best treatment for acne or pimples.
With Homeopathy, some of the possibly best medicines which when taken with correct dose, right potency, and a bit of patience can help a lot on the patient's part. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Live an Acne free life with Homeopathy!