Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Babita BasuYour feedback matters!
I am not getting a good sleep since last few days. Hardly I could sleep for 3 to 4 hours. What should I do?
Hii, I am Siddhesh 27 years of age. I suffered from pulmonary embolism recently. I recently had color doppler test which clarifies that I do not have dvt in my legs. I have varicose veins in my legs and one of my doctor suggested to have operation for varicose. 1) I just wanted to know whether its necessary to have the operation done 2) what are the chances of further getting dvt or pulmonary embolism 3) What sort of precautions should I take for not getting dvt again. 4)Can varicose veins leads to dvt. 5) now it has been 4 months so can I resume gym and sports related activities. Thankyou.
I am 35 year old and I am suffering from diabetes and uric acid. My weight is 85 kg and height is 163 cm. My problem is I am suffering from fever from one month and I have taken xray and blood test.in blood count lymphocyte is 46 percent. I am feeling chills, fatigue, joint pain, little difficulty breathing and sinus pain and back pain and pain from chest backside that come and goes and my sputum colour is white. Pls suggest any homoeo medicine.
Without condoms sex karne ke bad kaun-2 si medicine use kare jisase pragnency n ho. Safe period MC ke kitane din bad hota hai jis samay sex karne se pregnant na ho.
I am having periods cramp very badly. And during having sex I do not feel pain. Is it related to any disease. Please tell.
I am a married person. When I am in intercourse with my partner it not stands long time. Maximum half a minute my semens comes out so that I not satisfied in this relation. Please give me any advice or medicine.
I am fearing about the masturbate because I am doing that for 9 years I can't control that please tell to stop and what will be the effects.
I am 28 years old male and have food digestion problem in every day after eating. After eating food return coming top. And back pain in left side. What should I do.
Hi meri problem ye hai ki mujhe raat ko sote waqt saase ruk jaati hai aur mai hill nahi paati fir kuch der baad sab normal ho jaata hai but body mai pain rahta hai mai kya karu.
- a person suffering from insomnia wakes up often during night and have trouble in going back to sleep again.
- or wakes up too early in morning
- or failure to maintain sleep
- or difficulty in falling asleep or the person goes late to sleep and feels very tired after waking uo.
Types of insomia- insomnia can be primary or secondary
Primary insomnia- when the sleeplessness is not associated with any kind of health problem it is termed as primary insomnia.
Secondary insomnia- when sleeplessness is associated with some health related problem like depression, asthma, arthritis, cancers it is said to be secondary insomnia.
Insomnia can be acute which is short lasting, where the problem last for one night to few weeks. Or it may be chronic which may last for 3 nights a week for a month or longer.
Some sleep disorders are caused by physical problems, the treatment of which can make sleeplessness disappear. Some are caused by medications and can be resolved by a change of prescriprion. Still others are caused by poor sleep habbits, such as too much napping which can be broken with education and efforts.
Below are some helpful hints for getting a good night rests:-
1. Maintain a regular sleep schedule. Getting up at the same time every morning synchronises the body's biological clock.
2. Keep the bedroom for sleeping. Don not read, watch tv or eat in bed.
3. If you do not fall asleep within 20 mins of going to bed, get up and read or listen to quite music untill you get sleepy.
4. Limit daytime naps.
5. Take 20-30 minutes warm bath before bed.
6. Drink a glass of milk just before bed.(warm or cold)
7. Avoid caffeinated beverages and chocolate in the afternoon and evening.
8. Don't drink alcohol before bed time. It can cause sleeplessness at night.
9. Exercise during the day but not before going to bed.
10. According to Dr. Anna wriz - justice leader of the research team at psychiatric university clinic of chronobiology ans sleep laboratory, switzerland, keeping the hands and feet warm in cold bedroom induces sleep quickly.
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many a times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.