Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Actually I have a major migraine problem plus foot fading colour nd after my body starts swell. It cause me ultimately extreme pain. What should I do for this.
My half face have paralysis. I do lot of thing for treatment. BT I ntng find. Any medicine. What I do.
Good morning sir. I was suffering from migraine , consultant many doctors no one cure my problem please if you solved this type of problems. subject me which treatment is better.
Hi My daughter got seizure from 2000 after medication she was alright for 1 year now suddenly she starts speaking something unrelevent and gets giddiness what is her problem. She is 17 years old.
I am 67 years old I am diabetic for last 10 years. I take one glucored forte daily. Sugar is under control. I get numbness and pain in feets and palms what should I do?
I have migraine issue. Left side, pulsating quality of headache, severe pain intensity, happens after walking alot or climbing too much, feeling of nausea and intolerance to sound or light!
Dear sir mere father ki mind ki surgery feb 2014 me hui thi. uske baad ab unhe kabi kabi chkr aa jate h or wo unconcius ho jate h pls aap btaye iska kya reason h thnx
My mother is 53 years old women. And still not attained menopause. Also suffers from migraine. Is it normal? as it pains a lot. To do any sort of tests we neither have time nor money. Please help.
I am 66 years, getting sometimes numbness in my right hand, right foot for some times. After few minutes this becomes o. K of its own. Many times, I get pain on back hip joint in the center.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?