Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avishek Daga
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avishek DagaYour feedback matters!
After having sex I took unwanted 72. Pills and continued sex after taking pills. Within.For 48 hours. Should I have to a take pills again. Or 1st is enough. please answer me early.
Doctor its almost 1 and half year of my marriage and we are planning for a child. We had unprotected sex several times since february 2017 but we didn't get the positive results. Is this a sign of some serious problem? Please revert.
My mother has lump in left breast Dr. Advised for fnac and mammography all the results are normal but Dr. notice beginning of going (thyroid) in neck and recommended the following medicines 1 primosa very costly contain promos oil 1000 mg and fatty acids one capsule cost 16 rs 2 chymoral forte 3. Evian 400 mg Is this treatment ok please suggest how to treat lump in breast and going in neck pls reply in.
Dear Doctor, I missed my periods. I am 8 days late for the first time in my life. I am married and trying to conceive. In October I had delay in periods of 5 days but November it was normal. However 8 days delay is first time and I am having no signs of periods coming over. I had a urine pregnancy test which said negative. However, I took a blood test and my ESR level is 26 which is high. Does that indicate pregnancy?
Meri shaadi ko 2 saal to gye or abhi tak Hume ko baby ni hua? Please give me your best opinion for gain pregnancy.
I took pill on 27 april nd got my withdrawal bleed on 6th may. Does that mean I am not pregnant? When will I get my next periods? Is withdrawal bleed date the new mensuration date? For how long my periods will fluctuate? My last mensuration before pill was 18th april.
My wife is 31 weeks pregnant. Last few days she is having cough and cold. How to treat this. Will it affect the baby?
In modern era we're gifted intense stress and professional pressures, the average diet mostly comprises of fast food. Street foods, packaged and processed foods along with unhealthy fast eating habits. Overloading and accumulating toxic or non toxic metabolites and overexposure to a pollution in almost in every system this disable the liver from performing its primary function of cleansing the toxic materials through the skin, the respiratory and the digestive system. Besides, this overexposure to toxins also disrupts core environment and normal mobility of intestine filled with gases, which hinders the absorption of necessary nutrients which are readily well digested n resulting in a severe disruption in health. Also, liver is responsible for the proper functioning of the eyes, the brain, the kidneys and the joints in the body. Thereby, it is necessary to include such foods in your diet which help to detoxify you from the excessive toxins and allow core n immune system to function properly.
Avocado: avocados contain a rich amount of the antioxidant glutathione, which helps the liver to fight against the toxins availing boost in winter.
Garlic: garlic contains a rich amount of selenium and allicin, which helps to cleanse the liver. A little amount of garlic helps in the activating liver enzymes which in turn helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
Green tulasi /holy basil tea:&nbsp;green tea contains a rich amount of the plant antioxidant known as catechin, which help the liver to function properly. It also helps to protect the liver from the toxins.
Beets and carrots: beets and carrots contain a rich amount of beta - carotenes and plant flavonoids which help to regulate the overall function of the liver.
Turmeric: a little amount of turmeric in your daily meal helps in the cleansing the liver by helping the enzymes to get rid of the toxic carcinogens.
Green vegetables: green vegetables like spinach, bitter gourd and chicory contains a rich amount of detoxifying components, which helps in the neutralization of heavy metals which in turn regulates the cleansing ability of the liver. Green vegetables also help in the simulation of the flow of bile.
Grape (capsule shapped) fruit: grapefruits contain a rich amount of vitamin c and antioxidants which initiates the cleansing process of the liver. Grapefruits also help in the formation of enzymes that destroys toxins like carcinogens.
Warm buttermilk by adding carom/cumin seeds/black pepper it avails good intestinal mobility and gastric emptying time reducing bloating and water bashes.
Life has its ups and downs, but often we hold on to the downs for much longer than the actual event. While the trigger or anger, pain and hurt are beyond our control, the amount it can affect us is well within reach. Here are a few ways to cope better with emotional upsets.
- Give yourself a window to be upset: Be realistic and give yourself a time frame to give in to your emotions. Whether, angry, sad or frustrated tell yourself that you have only 1 day to be upset. In a way, this will diffuse the anger, frustration and once this time is over, you can start planning ahead.
- Take responsibility: Try analysing what you may have done to make the other person react in the way he or she did. Focus on what you could have done better and you will find yourself feeling more empowered.
- Get physical: Exercise and other forms of physical activity decrease stress hormones and increases the productions of endorphins or happy hormones that elevate the mind. Exercising also gives you time to focus on yourself without distractions.
- Express yourself: Whether it’s through art or writing, find an outlet for your emotions. This keeps it from being bottled up inside and gets the pain and frustration out of your system.
- Breathe: Breathing techniques like ujayii and anulom vilom can help calm the mind down when it is troubled and upset. These breathing techniques also keep your emotions from escalating.
- Get company: It is never a good idea to isolate yourself when you’re feeling blue. Instead, find people who you can open up to and share your thoughts with. This will give you a fresh perspective on what is going on.
- Look at both sides: No event is ever completely bad. No matter what may be troubling you look at both the good and bad sides of it. This can help minimise your loss and make it easier to let go of the problem.
- Do something different: The best way to get your mind off something is to give it something else to focus on. If you’re troubled by something that happened at work, go for a drive or play a sport. Similarly, if you’re having relationship trouble, go out with a few friends or read a book to take your mind off it.
- Visualize: Imagine the person or the event that is upsetting you as an object in your mind and visualise it melting away. Remind yourself that the anger or frustration you are feeling is worse than the person or event itself.
- Clean up: Organise your desk, your room or start cleaning up space around you. This will take attention away from whatever is troubling you and give you something to do. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.