Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avik SenYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have a problem that is my teeth. 4 years ago I cleaned my teeth. But I have cavities. How to make my teeth are cavityless and whitecolour teeth. Pls suggest me sir, Thank you sir,
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.
I am 35 years old, my problem is I am suffering from last 1 year teeth pain, when I eat hard food like any chocolate and any fruits and ice cream also and some times I eat meat that time suppose one bone pieces comes in between teeth, touch pain I can't say please give me advise what I should do? Thank you.
I having problem in my teeth and it's really tough to handle it is that any solution to this problem which helps me to reduce the stress and problem in my teeth can you please tell me that and my teeth having some problem to inside can you please solve it too.
, sir, I am suffering from mouth ulcer (internal) for several time, though I am very coutious about taking meal. Please, advice me what I have to do? sharply.
Sir I have tooth pain due to cavity between two teeth mention how can I proceed to cure cavity give me suggestions please I am type 2 diabetic.
I suffering from great toothache from ladt night I think ut is because of cavity what should I do.? And I have to much plaque also.
1. Brush your teeth twice daily.
2. Floss your teeth if you feel food is stuck in between your teeth.
3. Visit your dentist at least once in 6 months and get all your small decays of teeth filled and your mouth cleaned.
Cleaning your teeth doesn't loosen your teeth or affect your gums. This is a common misconception people have. In fact cleaning removes all the tartar accumulated over your teeth which has caused bone loss around your teeth so you feel teeth are loose. But in fact teeth will become stronger if you get that tartar out as the bone will heal and give better support to your teeth.
4. Avoid eating sticky sweet food at night. This will encourage more decaying of teeth.
5. Rinse your mourn daily with a mouth wash prescribed by your dentist.