Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avijit BasakYour feedback matters!
Hi I am Going to get married. What are the methods that I can postpone the pregnancy. If we have sex not in the day cycle of 14 to 20 can v avoid pregnancy. Her cycle is 28 days. If I did not leave my sperm can v avoid pregnancy.
dear dr. have a problem of disturb menstruation cycle. from last 3 i think because of this gaining weight and unable to reduce weight by doing proper exercise please tell me proper solution for this illness.
Hi Doctor, I am 2.5 months pregnant, I love coffee, got to know it's not good. I miss coffee every morning and Unable to drink plain milk as I feel like vomiting, what is the other drink which I can start my day with. I can't drink anything which is of the colour of milk. Please advice. People say boost, Bournvita also contains caffeine, so avoiding it. Please advice. I am from India. Thanks!
I am two month pregnant. My wait is increasing very rapidly. And my tummy becomes out in two months like 3-4 months. Har koi khne lga h ki abi se itna tummy dikhta h. I am in tension. How I manage my wait now a days. Can you please suggest any helpful ideas and diet chart for pregnant lady which can help to maintain weight and also good for baby. My fat deposits on thigh, Upper arms, waist, Upper back. I can't wear my old dresses.
Tulsi leaf a day = No cancer
1 lemon a day = No fat
1 glass of milk a day = No bone problem
3 litres of water a day = No diseases.
Hi Doctor, I have white spots at the back of throat. I was diagnosed with Chlamydia two months ago and was prescribed with doxycycline, I completed the 7 days course and again I followed the process after 1 week since I was feeling burning sensation under scrotum. I do not have any other symptoms of Chlamydia, but this throat condition is bothering me. I've been taking zifi 200 mg from last 4 days. The throat doesn't pain. Please suggest me if I should do other STD tests and how to cure this.
I am a single 27 year old woman. I want to have a baby on my own through IVF or IUI. What are the legal as well as medical procedures required for it? And what is the cost for it? I am financially secure and stable and will be able to provide for the child on my own with a little support for my family. Thank you.
Hi Dr. I am 20 years girl not married I want to know that is there any cream for getting virgin back on hour is this possible if yes please tell me the name of the cream please thank you.
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: High in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: Your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: During this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: In addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: Providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: A good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health.
Hello, we are trying for a child for last 3-4 months; however there is no positive result as yet. We consulted a gynaecologist who suggested follicular for me (for which results are ok) and semen analysis for my husband. My husband consulted an andrologist who also advised my husband to undergo circumcision surgery. As we are planning for a child, so will this (circumcision) surgery have any negative impact on that? please Advise. I am 33 yrs old and my husband s age is 37.Thank you.
I just got married. My husband asked me that on the day of 1st night I did not bleed .so he said i'm not genuine. Is it compulsory to be bleed.
The horrible effects of summer heat on the body are fairly well known: sunburn, heat stroke and serious dehydration can be life threatening illnesses. But did you know that paying attention to your oral cavity can tip you off and help prevent the onset of serious injury? Don’t let the summer heat get you down! This week, explore with us how your mouth can serve as a pathway to healthier, safer living in hotter months.
First things first
You know heat stroke (or sun stroke) is bad, but what is it exactly? Heat stroke is usually the result of lengthy exposure to the sun. For various reasons, the body fails to sufficiently sweat, leading to extremely high internal body temperatures. It is a condition that is typically rapid in onset, requiring immediate medical attention. Left untreated, it can result in multiple organ failures.
The Warning Signs
Many warning signs of summer illnesses actually start in the mouth. Though no two patients experience the same constellation of symptoms, many initially report problems with thirst, dry mouth and dry tongue before the onset of more worrisome indicators.
The most important thing you can do to prevent summer heat illnesses is drink plenty of fluids. This is especially true if one has been outdoors working or playing in the sun. Establish a schedule and drink plenty of fluids at regular intervals. You should also be drinking even if you do not feel thirsty or dehydrated. For an extra push, drink solutions like Pedialyte or Gatorade. These help maintain electrolyte balance during extreme heat. Avoid alcohol consumption, as liquor often dehydrates the body and leaves it wanting of critical fluids.
How much is Enough?
During extreme summer heat, you should be drinking at least eight glasses of water a day. But that is not a fixed amount. If you have been outdoors and active, you may need to drink much more. Pay attention to your body to determine how much fluids you should be drinking. Remember, the warnings signs are listed above.