Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aungsumitra Roy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aungsumitra RoyYour feedback matters!
Gonorrhoea is transmitted infection caused when people come in a physically intimate contact. It can affect both male and female. The most vulnerable organs that are susceptible to gonorrhoea infection include rectum, urethra, and throat. In females, gonorrhoea might affect the cervix as well. Since the infection spreads from having sex, there are wide chances that the baby gets affected too. Although there could be no visible symptoms of gonorrhoea, early detection and treatment increase the chances of a permanent cure.
How does gonorrhoea affect the sexual life?
Once a person gets affected, gonorrhoea may wreak havoc on the sex life of both a male and female. In males, there could be swelling and pain in one testicle leading to difficulty in having sex. Additionally, urination after sex becomes painful. There could be a pus-like discharge from the penis thereby completely obstructing the chances of sex.
In females, there could be abdominal pain during the intercourse. Intercourse itself could be extremely painful. Apart from this, the urination after sex could be very painful. Additionally, there are chances of vaginal discharge after sex. There are high chances of vaginal bleeding after sex followed by itching of the anus. If the bacteria are very active, lymph nodes of the throat getting swollen after oral sex.
The treatment plan for gonorrhoea in adults
- Adults infected with the gonorrhoea bacteria are treated with antibiotics. Since gonorrhoea bacteria are increasingly becoming drug-resistant, doctors treat the patient with an antibiotic known as Ceftriaxone in the form of injection.
- In addition to this, two antibiotics that are prescribed to be taken in the oral form include Doxycycline and Azithromycin. There are some studies which revealed that injectable Gentamicin along with oral Azithromycin is a successful combination that can treat gonorrhoea. Furthermore, this combination proves to be highly successful in treating patients who are allergic to cephalosporin-based antibiotics.
- In addition to the treatment of the infected patient, the partner should also be thoroughly checked for symptoms of gonorrhoea treatment even if there exist no symptoms of the disease as such. There is a high likelihood of one partner getting infected in case the other one is infected.
- If a baby gets infected with gonorrhoea in the womb, he/she should get immediate eye medication to ensure that there no loss of vision when he/she is born. Babies should also get a dosage of antibiotics.
- Some basic hygiene such as not having sex during the course of the treatment, use of protection during sex, avoiding oral sex, avoiding sex with multiple partners etc. should be followed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What course do you suggest for curing polycystic ovaries in an otherwise healthy 23 year old. What are its disadvantages. Worried sufferer.
I am 5 months pregnant. In my sonography a problem found" Low lying posterior placenta" please guide me or necessary suggestion to overcome the said problem.
Hello, friends, a very good morning to you. My name is Dr Vishwas Madhav Thakur. I am basically an M.B.B.S. graduate and a post graduate in occupational health, medical- legal systems, hospital management as well as H.R. management. I have been working with various corporates as their head or a chief medical officer and I am now a freelancer since 2012 and cater my services to corporates and do my private clinical practice at various locations including sector-49, Gurgaon. My address is already mentioned in the profile. I am available on lybrate for text, audio and video consultation for anyone who is in need.
Today I am actually talking about a very common thing that we find that is lifestyle disorders. Now, this lifestyle disorder is not someone is having some disease. It is just a disorder in the sense that you get some minor ailments or complaints for which you are bothered, your efficiency becomes disturbed and you feel that you need some kind of medical help. Now, this ranges from insomnia to blood pressure to depression, various body aches, cervical pain, back aches, intractable headache. So these are the symptoms for which people normally don’t go to a right doctor. They may consume some over-the-counter- medication and most of the time these medications damage the kidney or liver. They suffer from gastrointestinal issues like gastritis and ulcer. So finally they become patient and then at that time it may be late to normalize their routine and come back to healthy living.
So, if you get some lifestyle related issues of coping up with your time schedule or work schedule it is better to talk to a doctor, who can counsel you, who can offer you time and give solution through multiple approaches.
I request all of you to consult timely if at all you suffer from whatever lifestyle disorder you have and normalize if you give sufficient time of 4-6 months and a dedication to this.
Thank you, my dear. I wish you all the best and a healthy life ahead.