Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Atanu Kumar MaityYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend cannot control arousal feeling and I have sex with her 3 times a day that too on daily bases, so is it okay? Does it cause any effects to me or her? Please suggest.
Hi sir, My wife got pregnant 1 month only. It's second pregnancy. But our financial situation is not possible to welcome our new kid. So kindly tell me.
Me & my bf had sexual relationship last month after that I had my periods after three days now even this month I had periods But its never regular as I am suffering poly cyst ovaries will i have chances of pregnant.
Am is pregnant and in the eighteenth week of pregnancy. She sudnly feel pain in lower left abdominal area and sever pain in the lower back. Would you please told us what precautions should we take.
My wife have diabetic and pregnant now with 8 weeks her weight is 73 kg. Now my question is what meal chart is good and when and what she should have in meals? What are the free foods, vegs, fruits? How she can maintain her weight? Any other suggestion? Also she is taking insulin three times in a day.
I have small breast and vagina my husband penis is big its not fitting in .and its pains while pushing it I can't take that my sex life is not good and I am afraid that my husband will be attracted to another woman .plz suggest some methods.
My Age 24 years Problem is 1 year back she got fibroid surgery and after that she is getting menses 1 month almost 30to35 days and next month 12to15 days this cycle is repeated month to month wat was the problem is there any chance to re appear fibroid. Uterus has not removed in last surgery.
Hi doctor I got married in may this year and trying for pregnancy my monthly cycle is 29 days. After my periods I had intercourse with my husband on regular basis. Last week I spotted brown color discharge and then later I also missed my period what should I do please help. Thanks and regards.
Hi Dr. My wife did pregnancy test at home 2 days ago and test was positive. But yesterday evening and today morning she found some bleeding spots. She had her menstrual on 15th Nov and yesterday and today she found some few spots of bleeding. Now we are totally confused abt that pregnancy test is positive or negative. Pls suggest us. Asap.
Self-awareness (sometimes also referred to as self-knowledge or introspection) about understands your own needs, desires, failings, habits, and everything else that makes you tick. The more you know about yourself, the better you are at adapting life changes that suit your needs.
Why does self-awareness matter?
Self-awareness is the key cornerstone to emotional intelligence, according to daniel goleman. The ability to monitor our emotions and thoughts from moment to moment is key to understanding ourselves better, being at peace with who we are and proactively managing our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
In addition, self-aware people tend to act consciously rather than react passively, to be in good psychological health and to have a positive outlook on life. They also have greater depth of life experience and are more likely to be more compassionate to themselves and others.
5 ways to cultivate self-awareness:
1. Create some space for yourself. When you are in a dark room without windows, it is fairly difficult to see things clearly. The space you create for yourself is that crack on the wall where you allow light to come through. Leave yourself some time and space every day – perhaps first thing in the morning or half an hour before sleep when you stay away from the digital distractions and spend some time with yourself, reading, writing, meditating, and connecting with yourself.
2. Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness is the key to self-awareness. Jon kabat-zinn defines mindfulness as “paying attention in a particular way, on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally”. Through mindfulness practice, you will be more present with yourself so that you can “be there” to observe what’s going on inside and around you. It is not about sitting cross-legged or suppressing your thoughts. It is about paying attention to your inner state as they arise. You can practice mindfulness at any time you want, through mindful listening, mindful eating or walking.
3. Keep a journal: writing not only helps us process our thoughts but also makes us feel connected and at peace with ourselves. Writing can also create more headspace as you let your thoughts flow out onto paper. Research shows that writing down things we are grateful for or even things we are struggling with helps increase happiness and satisfaction. You can also use the journal to record your inner state. Try this at home –choose a half day on a weekend, pay close attention to your inner world – what you are feeling, what you are saying to yourself, and make a note of what you observe every hour. You may be surprised about what you write down!
4. Practice being a good listener. Listening is not the same as hearing. Listening is about being present and paying attention to other people’s emotions, body movement and language. It is about showing empathy and understanding without constantly evaluating or judging. When you become a good listener, you will also be better at listening to your own inner voice and become the best friend of yourself.
5. Gain different perspectives: ask for feedback. Sometimes we can be too afraid to ask what others think of us – yes sometimes the feedback may be biased or even dishonest but you will be able to differentiate them from real, genuine and balanced feedback as you learn more about yourself and others. Research has shown conducting 360 degree feedback in workplace is a useful tool to improve managers’ self-awareness. We all have blind spots, so it is helpful to gain different perspective to see a fuller picture of ourselves.
Self-awareness, as “arguably the most fundamental issue in psychology, from both a developmental and an evolutionary perspective”, is a rich and complicated subject. As human beings, we may never fully understand ourselves, if there is such a destination. But perhaps it is the journey of exploring, understanding and becoming ourselves that makes life worth living.
1) Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate. - If you are experiencing nausea, uncreased heart rate, headache, dizziness or flushed skin, your body needs hydration. Drink water immediately, plain water, plenty of water.
2) Aam Panna - It is delicious as well as beneficial for the health. Made by boiling raw mango and mixing with spices like pepper, black salt and coriander along with mint, all of which help in cooling our bodies.
3) Buttermilk - It rehydrates your body immediately. It is also a good source of probiotics and helps in replenishing the body with necessary minerals and vitamins.
4) Coconut Water - If your job requires you to travel much, take time for yourself and stop by any roadside coconut water seller. Do this at least once in a day, more if you can. This water is not only good for your skin and hair, but is also refreshing and filling.
5) Onion Oil - A simple way to bring down your body temperature is by dabbing onion oil behind your ears and on your chest. Raw onion used in salad and chutneys are also known to have a cooling effect.
6) Frequent Showers - Have frequent baths. If you are outdoors throughout the day, never miss having a bath at the end of the day. This will cool your body and ensure you sleep well too.
7) Summer Fruits - Stock your refrigerator with summer fruits ? watermelon, melon, lychee, mangoes all have high water content, and are excellent means to replenish body fluids.
Cick on 'Consult' if you have any more questions on how you can beat the heat.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
My friend has paining on the left breast I don't understand and why it's paining can you tell me why it's happening on the breast down.
Ayurveda, the traditional way of healing is known to be a crucial and effectual therapy for a lot of ailments. Since the primitive ages, mankind has been approaching Ayurveda for remedial purposes and in most instances have reaped fruitful results. Ayurveda seeks to heal diseases using natural herbs that are said to resonate well with the four elemental constituents of beings, i.e air, water, earth and fire. Ayurveda uses myriad herbs and natural ingredients in a unique proportion to impart physical as well as spiritual wellness. One of the most common and yet fairly formidable disease plaguing modern lives is diabetes, induced by imbalance in the blood sugar levels in the human body.
Ayurveda recommends the use of a few select herbs to control and alleviate the blood sugar imbalance.
- Gymnema Leaf: Indigenously called gurmar, Gymnema leaves regulate the insulin level in our body. It not only prevents absorption of sugar in the intestine, but also stimulates cell growth in the pancreas. As a consequence, the insulin levels in the body is maintained and the blood sugar problems get neutralized.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is replete with polyphenols that trigger off a healthy count of insulin secretion. Cinnamon has other beneficial properties as well. Whether consumed as tea or sprinkled on food as a flavor, Cinnamon can be instrumental in combatting blood sugar imbalance.
- Fenugreek seeds: A common find in most Indian kitchens, Fenugreek seeds are well known for their health advantages. Its pungent sweet flavor adds to the taste of many dishes. But most importantly, fenugreek seeds extensively keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Basil Leaf: Basil leaves are one of the most commonly used natural remedies for a wide range of diseases. The basil extracts are used in various food items and are extremely effective in curbing the excessive presence of blood sugar in the body. In general as well, basil leaves regulate the metabolism to a large extent.
- Coccinia Indica: This herb protects the vital organs from any damage caused due to diabetes. It stabilizes the breakdown of starch in the body.
- Azadirachta Indica: Common known as Neem, this herb is perhaps an indomitable medicine for increasing glucose tolerance. Neem is also used in allopathic medication on account of its various healing qualities.
I had done sex with partner on 2 march 2016 without any protection and I gave I pill on the very next day. After that day we again had the sex on 10 march 2016, without protection. And evening 10 march I gave her the I pill again. So I want to ask that what will happen whether the I pill will prevent the pregnancy as usual or it will not.? And waht are the chances that she will be pregnant.
10 Healing Powers of Grapes:
1. Power up your weight loss:
Exciting research led by maryanne dellafera, phd at the university of georgia found that resveratrol (particularly when combined with soy isoflavones) works on the body in two ways to significantly assist with weight loss efforts: 1) it dramatically reduces cells' ability to store fat by about 130 percent; and 2) causes fat cells to disintegrate at a rate 246 percent higher than normal.
2. Protect your heart:
In research, resveratrol demonstrated the ability to improve the dilation of blood vessels, which may allow blood to flow more easily through blood vessels. It has also been shown to relax the walls of the blood vessels, making their diameter larger, thereby lowering blood pressure, and allowing a higher volume of blood to flow through all areas of the body, delivering increased oxygen and nutrients to the body's cells. Another study found that just 10 mg of supplementary resveratrol resulted in a dramatic reduction in heart-attack risk factors.
3. Mop up brain damaging plaques:
Studies at the university of switzerland proved resveratrol's brain-protecting ability. They found that resveratrol mopped up brain-damaging plaques and free radicals, which have been linked to alzheimer's disease. So powerful is this important nutrient that it has even been referred to as 'reverse-it-all' by many health practitioners.
4. Improve brain power:
In a british study, students given resveratrol increased blood flow to their brains by 200 percent. Scientists believe resveratrol can help speed our mental responses.
5. Protect your skin from cancer:
In numerous studies, resveratrol has had a positive effect on cancer. Research also shows that resveratrol protects the skin from damaging uvb rays of the sun, thereby protecting it against skin cancer.
6. Protect your body from radiation:
What's more, this potent nutrient has even been shown to protect the body against radiation therapy when used as an adjunct to radiation treatment of cancer.
7. Turn on your longevity gene:
In one study, scientists identified resveratrol as a nutrient that activated the human gene for survival and longevity.
8. Fight diabetes:
Prediabetics given resveratrol had a 10 percent drop in blood sugar levels, according to research by the albert einstein college of medicine.
9. Turn down inflammation:
Resveratrol works as an anti-inflammatory, which may be one of the reasons it may be effective for heart disease.
10. Supports muscle recovery:
As a potent antioxidant, it supports the cells and organs in eliminating uric acid and other toxins from the body, supporting muscle recovery for athletes.