Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Atanu Kumar MaityYour feedback matters!
Respected Doctors I have pcod nd I was on birth control pills and metformin for 3 months. In this month I drop birth control pills and continue with metformin nd clomid 100 mg. On 7th day of my cycle ultrasound was done, which showed small folic on both ovaries with et 5.8 mm. I want to know weather size is very small . What should be idle size on day 7. And what are my chances of conceiving with this. please help.
Confidence is a state where you know and understand yourself enough to put forth your thoughts and actions without being bothered or shot down by people around you. Yet, there are various situations that create a less than stellar performance in the confidence game. Many times, we end up behaving in a way that points to low confidence and self-esteem. While body language plays a huge role here, words and phrases also matter. So what are the confidence killing words and phrases that you need to ban from your life? Take a look at this list!
- Just: This single word can undermine your intentions and make things seem less casual than they actually are. Sometimes, we get intimidated by the person or the situation and end up down playing things by saying, I was just thinking about it like this.
- I am no expert: When you start a sentence by tearing yourself down, you are putting yourself up for rejection.
- What if: While a 'what if' may be a good idea in particularly trying situations where you are faced with a person who may be in panic or anxiety, this is not a good phrase to use at work and in life, in general. It shows that you have not thought of the option properly.
- I cannot: This single phrase can demolish relationships, both personal and professional within a matter of seconds. Nothing says you do not own your domain more than this phrase. When you say you can't or you cannot, you are effectively giving up and handing over control to someone else which is a downward spiral as far as your confidence goes.
- Like, so: Unless you are starring in a chick flick, we would recommend that you stop using this fluffy and light weight phase, 'that is like, so cool'. Yes, it may be cool, but saying it is cool, will more than suffice. When you use phrases like these, you are basically telling the world that you do not take yourself seriously enough to talk like a serious person.
- Exclamations: Using exclamations at the end of thanks or any other word, can show that you were not confident of getting the task done. Be grateful, but do not make it sound like relief.
- Sense: 'Am I making sense' or nonsense are words that you need to send away from your vocabulary, as they denote a low sense of confidence and also show that you do not have confidence in the people around you.So get into a more confident mode by removing these seven words and phrases from your life.
2-3 days before my actual periods I observe a slight bleeding. And I get heavy periods accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen. Is there anything to worry? How can I get rid of the pain during those days?
Hi, it seems like I am pregnant. Today morning I did a test with i can kit, this week I am going for check up as it shows 2lines i.e positive. But I have a pain in my stomach from 1 week, it is like periods pain, cramp in my stomach. Is this is a sign of any severe problem. Plss suggest I am worried. Last month I had my periods on 2nd. This month I missed it.
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer :
- Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
- Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father&amp;#x2019;s side also has ovarian cancer.
- Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
- Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
- Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads.
Doc my wife din gt a monthly periods dis month n more over v din hav any sexual intercourse frm past 2 months. Wt is d reason fr dis.
Got periods on 3 sep. Had unprotected sex on 7 sep. Now she got her periods on 5 oct. Is impossible dat she can be pregnant. As some says anyone can have periods while pregnancy. She is really worried. She did not take any test. Please clarify. Can she b pregnant.
Hi, My wife is pregnant (35 Weeks) and in urine test Bacteria is shown positive. Can you please let us know "it is dangerous to our baby?
Hi doctor I have to ask a que that someone is told me that if a girl don't want pregnancy after sex then she should be taken 72 pils So is there only one pill or some more? Is there any harm to a girl? Is she suffering from periods then is it good to her? Is only a pill works? Is it for a healthy girl or any of girls can have it? Tell me everything about it.
Hello Doctor this is Krishnaveni im 27 years old and I have a kid she is 4. Every month I have severe menstrual pain need suggestions. Thank you.
The arrival of monsoon is of course the prettiest thing. Apart from selecting the monsoon attires and the umbrellas, choosing healthy diet for this season will help out to get rid of cold knowing your food to avoid and include will make you as your doctor.
The chemistry of lysine and arginine
1. Lysine and arginine are amino acids, which are the basic building blocks of proteins. They have an antagonistic
Relationship with one another that results in lysine being able to reduce arginine’s ability to help synthesize certain proteins.
2. Avoid certain foods, especially the ones high in arginine and low in lysine. Lysine does not promote cold but if you take a diet rich in arginine, the lysine will get discarded, in order to store the former.
3. Since arginine will support the production and multiplication of virus, your cold will get worse. So, you should concentrate on a diet that is high in lysine and low in arginine,
4. Lysine appears to help the body absorb calcium, and it plays an important role in the formation of collagen, a substance important for bones and connective tissues including skin, tendon, and cartilage. It plays an essential role in the production of carnitine, a nutrient responsible for converting fatty acids into energy and helping to lower cholesterol
Foods rich in protein are good sources of lysine. That includes meat (specifically red meat, pork, and poultry), cheese (particularly parmesan), certain fish (such as cod and sardines), nuts, eggs, soybeans (particularly tofu, isolated soy protein, and defatted soybean flour), spirulina, and fenugreek seed. Brewer’s yeast, beans and other legumes, and dairy products also contain lysine. Many nuts also contain lysine along with arginine (lysine counteracts some of the effects of arginine).
Food not to be taken during cold:
- All types of nuts
- All types of seeds
- Brown rice
- Chick peas
- Chocolate (in any form)
- Coffee and tea, cola
- Fruits and berries, including grapes, grapefruit and oranges
- Oatmeal, soya beans, corn (in any form)
- Vegetables like onions, peas, pumpkins, tomatoes, carrots and broccoli
- Red wine
- Seafood with shells (such as oysters and shrimps)
- Sugar, artificial sweeteners
Foods to have during cold:
Given below is a list of foods that are rich in lysine. You should include them in your diet if you have cold.
1. Dairy products like milk, cheese, curd, butter, yogurt etc.
2. Lysine-rich animal foods include chicken, fish, eggs and beef.
3. Fruits like apples, papaya, mangoes, bananas, pear and summer squash.
4. Figs, almond nuts and avocados can also be taken to fight cold sore.
Vegetarians can also go for lysine supplements. The supplement is safe to eat and does not have side effect.
I am 21 year old but still I have not get regular menstrual cycle in each month it comes early many times what should I do to get the menstrual cycle on perfect date?
I am 20 years old. I will get periods once in two months. Lastly got my period on march 8 now I should get it on may 8. But I did not get now. Yesterday I performed home pregnancy test it was negative. Tell me whether I am pregnant or not?
ज़िका वायरस एक मच्छर से जनित बीमारी है, जो एडीज प्रजातियों के मच्छरों से फैलता है। मच्छरों की एडीज़ प्रजातियां वे हैं, जो डेंगू और चिकनगुनिया वायरस के संचरण के लिए भी जिम्मेदार हैं। ये मच्छर भीतरी और बाहरी दोनों वातावरण में जीवित रह सकते हैं। ज़िका ट्रांसमिशन के लिए जिम्मेदार दो ज्ञात प्रजातियां हैं -एडीस अल्बॉक्टीतुस,जिन्हें एशियाई बाघ मच्छर के रूप में जाना जाता है,और एडीस इजिप्ती,जिसे पीले बुखार मच्छर के रूप में जाना जाता है। ज़िका संचरण के लिए जिम्मेदार दो ज्ञात प्रजातियां हैं -एडीस अल्बोपिक्टस,जिसे एशियाई बाघ मच्छर के रूप में जाना जाता है,और और एडीस इजिप्ती,जिसे पीत ज्वर मच्छर के रूप में जाना जाता है।
1947में,ज़िका वायरस पहली बार युगांडा में बंदरों में पहचाना गया था।1952 में युगांडा और संयुक्त गणराज्य तंजानिया में पहले मानव मामलों की सूचना मिली थी। तब से,अफ्रीका,दक्षिण पूर्व एशिया और प्रशांत द्वीप समूह में इसके प्रकोप दर्ज किए गए हैं। ज़िका वायरस संभोग के माध्यम से भी फैल सकता है। अध्ययनों से यह भी पता चला है कि यह वायरस रक्त,वीर्य, मूत्र,और संक्रमित लोगों की लार,साथ ही आंखों के तरल पदार्थों में पाया जा सकता है।
ज़िका वायरस के लक्षण
ज्यादातर लोग किसी भी लक्षण का अनुभव नहीं करते हैं। यदि लक्षण उत्पन्न होते हैं,तो वे आम तौर पर हल्के होते हैं और लगभग दो से सात दिनों के आसपास रहते हैं। ज़िका वायरस के लक्षणों में शामिल हैं:
- लाल चकत्ते
- जोड़ों का दर्द
- आँख आना (लाल आँखें)
- मांसपेशियों में दर्द
- आंखों के पीछे दर्द
ज़िका वायरस संक्रमण गर्भावस्था के दौरान माइक्रोसेफली सहित जन्मजात मस्तिष्क असामान्यताएं भी पैदा कर सकता है। ज़िका वायरस संक्रमण के बाद गिल्लन बर्रे सिंड्रोम विकसित करने वाले लोगों की रिपोर्ट भी सामने आई है। ज़िका वायरस के मामले में अस्पताल में भर्ती असामान्य है। इस वायरस का निदान आमतौर पर एक रक्त परीक्षण के साथ किया जाता है।
ज़िका वायरस का उपचार
ज़िका वायरस के लिए कोई विशिष्ट दवा या वैक्सीन नहीं है। हालांकि,ज़िका वायरस वाले लोगों को निम्नलिखित उपाय करने की सलाह दी जाती है:
- लक्षणों का इलाज करें।
- खूब आराम करो।
- निर्जलीकरण को रोकने के लिए द्रव का सेवन बढ़ाना।
- एसिटामिनोफेन जैसी दवाओं के साथ दर्द और बुखार से राहत।
- अपने चिकित्सक से बात करें यदि आप किसी अन्य उपचार का अनुसरण कर रहे हैं।
- जब तक डेंगू के निदान को नकार न दिया जाए, तब तक एस्पिरिन और अन्य गैर-स्टेरायडल एंटी-इन्फ्लैमेटरी ड्रग्स (एन.एस.ए.आई.डी)न लें।
ज़िका वायरस की रोकथाम
ज़िका वायरस के संक्रमण को रोकने के लिए मच्छर के काटने से बचाव करना महत्वपूर्ण है। ज़िका वायरस को रोकने के लिए निम्नलिखित सिफारिशें दी गई हैं:
- कीट विकर्षक का उपयोग करें
- लंबे बाजू वाले कपड़े और लंबी पैंट पहने
- आप बिस्तर पर मच्छर जाल भी रख सकते हैं
- यह महत्वपूर्ण है कि बाल्टी,ड्रम,बर्तन,गटर,और इस्तेमाल किए गए टायर जैसे घरों में और उसके आसपास संभावित मच्छर प्रजनन स्थलों को ढांक,खाली या साफ़ किया जाए।
- पुरुष और महिलाएं जो सक्रिय संचरण के क्षेत्रों से लौट रहे हैं,उन्हें सुरक्षित सेक्स अभ्यास,या छह महीने की अवधि के लिए परहेज़ की सिफारिश की जाती है।