Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aswin Chowdhary
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Aswin ChowdharyYour feedback matters!
I am 60 year old women. Suffering with leg pains. I request to please suggest me which medicines inhave to. Use .suggest me.
Arthritis refers to any disorder or condition that causes pain in the muscles or joints and the connective tissues of the body. Rheumatism and arthritis are among the most common types of chronic disease which worsen with age, and the problems aggravate with the onset of other medical conditions. The condition is basically a manifestation of an autoimmune disease that comprises joint inflammation and other marked deformities.
Arthritis literally translates to inflammation of the joints. Any joint can be affected and it can cause the following problems:
- Pain with movement, thereby reducing movement
- Stiffness of the joint, usually in the morning
- Swelling around the joint
- Warmth around the joints
- Redness of the joints
Arthritis can be of multiple forms – chronic or acute – and can be of different types.
- Osteoarthritis which is usually associated with old age and is due to wear and tear and reduced elasticity. Obesity, sedentary lifestyle, and muscular disorders increase the chances of developing osteoarthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, which is an autoimmune condition and also causes dryness of eyes and mouth along with nodules in the skin
- Septic arthritis, associated with an infection
- Traumatic arthritis, often associated with a trauma or accident, and involves only the joints in the area of injury
- Allergic arthritis, due to allergic reactions
- Juvenile arthritis, which is seen in the teenage group, and produces limping due to inflamed joints.
Homeopathic treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Homeopathy believes in treating the whole body and not just the symptoms. Arthritis, unless associated with a trauma, is a chronic condition and therefore is better treated holistically. This is where homeopathy assumes a greater role than allopathy. Homeopathy believes that certain remedies work wonders for treating arthritis. At the same time, lifestyle changes are also required to reduce the impact on the joints.
Homeopathy offers a much better treatment option for people suffering from Arthritis. That is because Homeopathy does not aim at providing short term relief for arthritis. On the contrary, Homeopathic medicines for arthritis are aimed at completely curing and eradicating the inflammation of the joints. Of course, this requires some time as the immune system has to get back into its original shape where it recognizes one’s own body as a friend and not as an enemy. In my experience, Homeopathic treatment is by far the best treatment for arthritis when one considers the long term effects of the treatment.
In addition to these specific remedies, homeopathy also believes in overall lifestyle changes to improve quality of life in people with arthritis.
- Diet changes to ensure all essential nutrients are available. Increase consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and dairy products. Reduce processed foods, saturated fats, salt, and sugar.
- Regular exercise to maintain mobility of joints
- Weight management
- Stress management
- Walking aids if required, which can reduce additional stress on the affected joints.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!