Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Asit Kumar DasYour feedback matters!
My sister has a problem of continuous tears from eyes since last 3-4 months. From last 4-5 days she also has headache. Can anyone tell about it's reason?
1. My 12 years son have the habit of nail biting. 2. He use to be very Good in studies but now a days he is more in to playing mood. 3. His hand writing is also not so good. Please guide me how can help him to overcome this problem.
I have yellow eye from last few days and lightly fever or body feel weakness. What is the solution of this problem?
What is cataract, how it does effect the humans and what are the steps to cure cataract. Does it only attacks humans or also animals?
Hello sir, I have cough and cold for last 8 days. My forehead and nose is paining and my eyes are also red and paining. What should i do?
Eye flashes or photopsia can be caused by many conditions. Although flashes are harmless, they might indicate some serious eye issue which needs to be addressed immediately. Medical attention should be taken when flashes cause loss of vision and also small spots seem to float from one side to the other, thereby hindering the vision.
Migraines and very severe recurrent form of headaches which last for few hours to many days can cause visual symptoms. The light flashes look like zigzag lines, geometric patterns and sparkles when they occur with a migraine. Flashes might affect one eye or both and occur in the peripheral area of the vision. Light flashes sometime also occur due to ophthalmic migraine, a migraine without a headache.
Posterior Vitreous Detachment
The jelly like substance or the vitreous fluid fill the center of the eye and also gives it shape, is attached to the retina. With age and over time there is shrinking of the vitreous and it begins to detach from the retina. This is known as posterior vitreous detachment. In this the vitreous tugs or pulls on the retina, while the retina gets detached and stimulates it thus causing flashes to occur.
There is no known treatment for posterior vitreous detachment, through regular monitoring of the eye through eye checkups are helpful. Symptoms of this are similar to those of retinal detachment (condition in which there is permanent vision loss).
Retinal Detachment or Tear
Retinal tear and detachment also cause light flashes in the eye. This needs to be treated promptly. In case of permanent vision loss there is detachment of retina at the back of the eye, especially if the detachment takes place over the macula which is the main focus of the vision on retina. When the retina detaches from the eye, it loses the main source of nutrients. As there are photosensitive cells in the retina which are responsible for vision, the results of retina tear are severe.
Retinal damage occurs after trauma or as a complication from diabetes or posterior vitreous detachment. Vitreous gel tends to seep under the retina from the small crevices and holes formed by the retinal thinning. This in turn raises the sections and disconnects it from the eye. This can be corrected by laser treatment, cryopexy or an eye surgery.
A trauma like a hard blow on the head can lead the person to experience flashes of light. Also some medications can lead to toxic levels, like Digitalis can cause flashes of light. The symptoms of eye flashes also occur with macular degeneration, which is an age-related disease and in this the vision reduces gradually.
Am having heavy sugar that is around 218 before food and 514 after food. After the checkup kidney and eyes are working properly. Please sujjest some diets which can be done for me.
Up in the morning with a swollen right upper eyelid and cheeks on right side only. No pain or discomfort in the eye. Went to a doc he gave me the following Ivepred, LCZ, Topicid and asked to avoid sunlight. I have never had this no asthma what could this be? Some home remedies he suggested none. I had home cooked fish last night and I hv had that before. Could it be a good allergy I also had sprouts.
Hi, I'm an IT employee. Working with a computer makes my eyes stressed. Especially my right eye swells regularly. Please let me know why this is happening. Thanks in advance.
Hi Doctor, I'm a 22 years old girl and I have sinus for last 5 years. My eyes have puffiness. Recently it bulged a lot, I had used many creams to reduce puffiness but nothing works. Nowadays everybody told me about this. I l feel aged when I see myself on mirror. What should I do doctor?
Hi doctor, I've resigned my job before 1 year. In this one year gap, my sleeping time has changed dramatically. Due to no job, I'll spend all night playing clash of clans (android mobile game) or I'll watch English tv serials. Usually I'll sleep at around 5 to 6 am. And I'll wake up around 2 pm. I know this is strange but tried to change this habit but I failed several times. Now I got a job in Kuwait. I've to join there within 2 months. So in this gap I need to change my sleeping time. Doctor please help me out. Thanks.
Why patient with osteoarthritis been prescribed with aspirin; Tramadol; paracetamol and ondansetron? Patient has undergone surgery for cataract previously.
I have problem in my eyes. My eye's muscles are very week. So pain Jada rahta h. My eye side week. And number is -. 5.
My eyesight is - 5.5 and it still is increasing I don't know what to do I have shown in many hospitals like cmc but nothing works.
My eye is very hot and very irritated and my hole body is heat what can I do and I take natural mediation so what can I do.
How to keep eye health in the age of Computers for the IT professionals, scientists and engineers etc?
I am having a specs and my left side eye number is-2.0 and right one is - 2.5 and I don't like to where specs what can I do so that the number of my eye call fall down to zero.
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.