Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Hello! I got a scare on my face before 2 years in an accident. I want to get rid it off. Kindly suggest me some best resolution. Its making my face very dull.
I have two problems 1_ suffering from scabies 2_ liver problem How do we heal ourselves. My digestive system breakdown has occurred. Please help me doctor.
Your hangouts with your loved ones more often than not are determined by the locales. And, when I say locales, in the modern urban context, flamboyant or not quite fancy cafes and eateries dominate your imagination. One of the most brazen consequences of such hangouts is the increased consumption of junk and oily food. In fact, for many of us, the idea of good times is inextricably linked to consumption of good food which inevitably reads as junk food. Junk food craving is something we are all culpable of. While most of us know about the health implications that junk food entails, we usually choose to elide over them for the sake of our hunger pangs. However, there are certain ailments that accrue from the intake of junk foods and which, if neglected, can lead to certain grave consequences.
- Causes Diabetes- Diabetes is one of the most prevalent diseases in the contemporary times. Affecting people from all age groups, diabetes has assumed almost an epidemic stature. Junk food consumption is one of the most blaring causes of diabetes. These kind of foods are not only deficient in fibers but also the heavy oil content of the junk food misbalances your metabolism and spurs off other medical conditions like obesity.
- Increases the chances of digestive malfunctions- Since the junk foods are usually fried in oil and are brimming with fats, they are most suited to disrupt the normalcy in the process of digestion. As they get deposited on the linings of the stomach walls, the production of acid gets increased, leading to diseases like GERD and IBS.
- Causes kidney Diseases- Junk food addition is a scientifically proven vicious cycle. Most junk foods contain finely processed salts which stimulate enzymes, which turn disrupt the salt balance in your body. This results in a situation of hypertension in the body and affects the kidney functioning to a large extent.
- Increases the risk of heart diseases- Junk foods are extremely rich in Trans fats which spike up the cholesterol levels in your blood. This excess potentially raises the risk of inflammation in the blood vessels and emerge as chronic threats to the normal functioning of the heart.
- Leads to depression- Statistically, the largest proportion of junk food consumers is between the ages of 12 to 35. Consequently, this age group is also susceptible to the most rancid hormonal imbalances. Junk food, injects an abnormal quantity of salts in the body, thus affecting the hormonal levels. This makes them vulnerable to depressions and mood swings.
- Memory and Learning Problems- Junk food rich in sugar and fat suppress the activity of a Brain Peptide called BDNF (Brain- Derived Neurotrophic Factor ) which ultimately lead to inflammation in the hippocampus area of the brain which is responsible for learning and memory formation.
- Risk of Dementia- Unlike Pancreas insulin is also produced in the brain which carries the signals between the nerve cells and forming memories ,but this process is hampered due to increase the increase level of insulin in the body and brain stops responding to hormones and become resistant thus increasing.
There a had become a corn on my feet. I have neglected, but no its troubling me. What should be the immediate action?
Hi m a male or boys does not using anything on the face or body or not using any skin products is good not using it keeps our skin i.e face and body healthy and fair and clear and glowing please tel me please should I not use anything on my face and body please tell plz.
I have some problem in eyes. Like color blindness. Please suggest some advise. If there is any home remedy available.
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.