Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
I am simply I am 20 year old girl and I have hair fall and dandruff problem last two years what should I do.
I have black spots as pimples on my back. I used so many medicines for 4 weeks but I did not see. What I should do?
I have baldness problem from 10 years my family members also have this problem, but I want my hair back is this possible?
While some scars are negligible, others can mar your beauty. With cosmetic surgery, today, it is easy to remove scars and make them less prominent. Scar revision surgery can range from invasive procedures, such as scar excision to non invasive procedures like cryotherapy, laser therapy and topical silicone therapy. However, none of these have perfect results. The main aim of scar revision surgery is to make the scars blend in as much as possible with the surrounding skin in terms of colour, texture and elevation.
Picking a scar revision procedure is a matter of weighing the pros and cons of each type of procedure and the cause for dissatisfaction:
- Functional limitations of the scar and likelihood of functional impairment after surgery
- Patient's expectations
- Location of the scar
- Quality of skin type and surrounding tissue
Scars are formed due to a number of reasons, such as acne, cuts, burns, surgery and infection in a wound. Scars created by an overproduction of collagen are the most difficult to treat. In most cases, a patient requires multiple surgeries for scar revision.
Some of these surgeries are:
- Surgical Excision: This procedure is usually performed on large scars that do not respond to medication. Here the surgeon shaves and cuts down scar tissue to minimize the size of the scar.
- Laser Surgery: This is used to smoothen the scars with raised or uneven surfaces. It involves the removal of the top layer of skin and tightening of the layer below it.
- Z plasty and W plasty: These surgical treatments aim to reduce the visibility of the scar by repositioning them along the natural lines and creases of the skin. All topics that sent after editing should be considered as approved.
I am suffering from fungal infections around my waist and different parts of legs it may be tinea. I visited skin specialist yesterday and she suggested me Canditral 200 mg along with 1-AL 5 mg and onabet 2%. I used this 2 dosage yesterday and since then I have joint pain on my right knee. please advise.
Gud eve, In my face 2 -3 dots of pigmentations has came so can I get any remedy for that ,how to remove it something like that.
Most women love the idea of having healthy and silky skin that feels smooth to touch. However, due to a certain reasons, some women can have excessive, unwanted hair on their chest, hands and face. The pattern is similar to what is seen in men. This can be a major psychological problem. Read on to know more about some of the common reasons for this and how it can be managed:
Common causes behind it
Hair pattern is largely determined by genetic makeup and hirsutism is often caused by genes, hormones, or medication which is another main cause is the excessive amount of testosterone in women. Conditions like obesity, polycystic ovaries disease, ovarian tumours, adrenal tumours, Cushing’s syndrome and drugs like Danazol can cause excessive androgen hormones. Women with this condition may also have a deep voice, huge breasts, enlarged clitoris, severe acne and may also suffer from hair loss. These symptoms are collectively referred to as virilisation.
Ways to control hirsutism
The treatment is aimed at removing the unwanted hair and treating the underlying cause. A combination of medications and procedures can help in removing the excessive hair.
- Weight loss: Reducing weight makes the body produce less of the male hormone, and so hirsutism is controlled.
- Female hormone replacement: Birth control pills are a good choice for women who do not want to get pregnant. They control the androgen hormone production and reduce hair growth and other characteristics.
- Anti-androgens: Spironolactone is an anti-androgen which counters the effect of testosterone; however, these have side effects and self-medication is not advisable.
- Topical creams: The face is the major area of concern and so creams like eflornithine are useful to control hair growth on the face.
Depending on the patient’s severity of the problem and expectations, the following procedural options are available. While some of these can be done at home, others might require a visit to a doctor.
- Shaving: To be done repeated as and when the growth occurs.
- Tweezing: Isolated strands of hair can be removed with a tweezer.
- Waxing: This is useful in removing hair from large areas (chest, hands, etc.)
- Bleaching creams or lotions: The hair stays in place but is lightened in colour to give it a camouflaged appearance.
- Depilatory creams, lotions, or gels: These break down the hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
- Electrolysis: A small amount of electric current is applied to the hair follicle to destroy it, thereby controlling hair growth.
- Laser hair treatment: A small beam of highly concentrated light is applied to the affected area to damage the hair follicles and control hair growth.
Hirsutism is definitely not desirable, but there are definitely ways to manage the problems and get back to having a smooth, silky skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.