Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asis Mitra
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Asis MitraYour feedback matters!
My cousin is 10 years old boy. Now he ate some glass bangle piece. He's feeling irritation in throat and the glass piece still in throat. So give any suggestion to this issue. We going to see ENT specialist also.
Am 27 year old. I have itching in under waist. It's spread that area slowly. And in my leg have also itching. I used several ointments but not curing it. Please suggest a better way to remove.
I have done blood test last month where the fasting blood sugar 305 and Avg blood sugar was 232. Today I did urine routine where sugar level is a+++ an ketone a+. How bad is my diabetic profile?
I have fever from five day I taken medicine also but I am not feeling good yet please inform me about my concern.
Borderline Personality Disorder is purely a personality disorder caused due to multiple factors. An individual suffering from BPD maintains unstable relationships with other people, shows inappropriate emotional reactions and possesses suicidal or self-harm tendencies. Individuals suffering from BPD may find it difficult to stay alone. They fear abandonment and loneliness. Yet they have a tendency of showing mood swings, sudden emotional outburst or anger and hostility. This prevents them from having a long lasting relationship in life.
It usually starts affecting the individual's life from early adulthood. It, however, seems to improve with age. The individuals also have distorted self-image. He or she is unclear about what they want from life or what they are in reality. Even minor incidents can trigger intense reactions in people with BPD.
Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder:
The signs of suffering from BPD are listed below:
- Intense and frantic effort to avoid abandonment or loneliness
- Unstable relationships with people and changing the attitude towards them drastically. It can change from being in immense love with each other to intense hatred.
- Developing paranoid thoughts and having dissociative feelings-The individual often lacks the feeling of self and suffers from identity crisis.
- Suicidal feelings and attempts
- Tendency to cause self harm or destruction by drug abuse, driving irresponsibly or be having unprotected sex
- Reflecting intense depression
- Chronic boredom
- Sudden anger and hostility
Causes for Borderline Personality Disorder: Borderline Personality Disorder can be caused due to multiple reasons. Usually it has been found by researchers that it occurs to individuals who have had a disturbed childhood. Complex and unpleasant happenings in the childhood may leave a deep impact on the individual's personality, which comes back as a disorder in his or her early adulthood. From mental, physical to sexual abuse in the childhood can lead to this condition in adults.
Besides, researchers have discovered recently that this illness has hereditary links. Some genes may be responsible for BPD. Improper functioning of the brain is also another factor. Especially, the portion of brain that controls emotions might not be functioning properly in co-ordination with other parts of it.
Treatment: The treatment of BPD involves three steps- psychotherapy, medications and support from peer and family. Dialectical Behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy are used in treating the individual. There are no specific medicines to cure identity crisis, boredom and loneliness. However, other symptoms like mood swings, depression and anxiety can be treated with anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. Antipsychotic drugs are also helpful to a certain extent. In extreme cases, hospitalization may be needed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am suffering from asthma since two years and not able to breathe properly at winter nights so please help me.
My daughter aged 21 year old, has been suffering pain at upper right side on abdomen. Please advise me.
My urine is pale yellow since 1 month please describe the possible diseases. And please tell me what can I do. Does required to go for urine test in diagnostic.
I have very sever headache from last 4 days. I have taken some medicines too but there was no effect. Can you suggest me some reason to overcome this problem?
When the natural moisture content of your skin begins to dry up, you experience dry skin. Although it is a temporary skin condition which occurs mainly during the winter or in a generally dry climate, for some people, it could be a problem for a lifetime.
Naturally dry skin tendencies v/s drying of other skin types
Naturally, the water content of a healthy skin is around 10 to 20 percent. This natural moisture level can dwindle due to many factors and the skin may show signs of drying. Thus you may end up getting dry, flaky, itchy and lifeless skin. People with naturally dry skin experience 75 percent more water loss than normal skin. Since the skin loses water and sebum (the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands within the skin), the topmost layer of the skin begins to dry. As a result, the top layer starts peeling away. These skin peels are called flakes.
- You can experience dry skin due to excessively cold weather, which in most cases is accompanied by a lack of humidity.
- Again, if your skin is exposed to too much heat or skin drying conditions like sauna baths or prolonged hot showers, you experience dry skin.
- Applying skin cleansing materials or chemicals can also make the skin dry.
- Some internal disorders like illness or infection can make your skin dry.
When you have a perennially dry skin, you should moisturize it daily to keep it hydrated. You should consult a dermatologist for picking out the right skin cream for your skin. The appropriate moisturizer, if you have very dry skin should be oil or petroleum based. When you purchase the prescribed moisturizer or lotion, make sure you buy something which contains vitamin E, Shea Butter and Avocado Oil. Since these moisturizing agents aren’t water based , they can lock in the skin moisturizer effectively.
Advantages of moisturising regularly
- Dry skin is prone to wrinkle formation – When you moisturize daily, the collagen levels of your skin are restored, which can then effectively fight wrinkling and aging of your skin.
- Prevents flakiness – Since the upper layer of your skin starts peeling off, your skin may appear dull, lifeless and flaky. The condition worsens when there is a cold weather outside. Moisturizing your skin daily will make your skin get a natural glow and stop flaking form occurring in the first place.
- Reduces itchiness: Moreover, daily moisturizing will make your skin less itchy.
- Moisturising reduces the negative effects of makeup: Not moisturizing dry skin will make it look less hydrated. Applying makeup on your dry skin directly is the worst thing you can do. This may spoil your makeup and make it look creasy and broken. Thus, you should keep your skin hydrated by applying moisturiser regularly.