Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Asis MitraYour feedback matters!
My wife is 2 months pregnant. Shall I have sexual intercourse with her? Or not? Whether, It may spoil her pregnancy or it affects the baby growth inside her. It's okay not to have sexual intercourse on which month I should stop having intercourse?
My eyes itching and burning like sensation i'm feeling and water is flowing what could be the reason for this? please help me would I will get eye sight?
Sir I have a stomach problem and I cannot enjoy eating food and also gastric problem so please give a solution so I can enjoy food.
What I have to do? I am very tensed with this problem of mine. I have the problem of regular cold, runny nose. Some of my friend says it is myallergy. I am 21 years old and this problem is from my childhood. My parents says when I was born I wasn't crying and some times later to much cough is coming out and than I started crying. And the doctor said that the problem of my cold is stay with me upto age 15 but I am now 21 and I am suffering with this problem till now. Now it is becoming the one of my major problem. And I have to take breadth with my mouth not my nose, sometimes.
Is every type of breakfast is OK for health as I am living in hostel and they used to give oily food more.
I have a pea size lump in my right testicle, since 3 years, no pain in day today life but when I little bit press the lump, there is a slight pain in it.
I am Imthu I am suffering from fever and cold and cough too heat on my body what I can do my own sir.
The Voice of my father is coming very low, he doesn't have cold or cough. He was so speaking fine a few weeks ago. It's just in last one week that his voice was muffled and today it's almost suppressed.
I am a 44 year male. Weight 73 kg. My blood pressure is 140/100 but my pulse rare is 58. Serum cholesterol 236, triglycerides154,ldl 154.2 hdl 51, I have diastolic dysfunction grade 1. My doctor prescribed clopivas 150. Is this needed to me? If I take this, what is the side effects? please send suggestions.
I am suffering from headache from last week with intervals please suggest the medicine for the my condition Thanking you sir.
I am suffering wit headache since 2 days. please help me you suggest me the tablet for me. Headache tablet I want tell me d name of tablet.
Sex with HIV positive female using a normal condom and condom not broken (sex timing 10 mints, How much chances of catching HIV? please brief this question this question is challaing for a doctor please reply?
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.