Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Asim Kr MallicYour feedback matters!
Hi sir. I am very intelligent in my childhood and upto my +2 but now a days in engineering. I can't get memorized the topics. I am forgetting all I read, I have lack of concentration problem. Is smoking n drinking are the reasons? I have exams very soon expecting soon reply for the problem.
I always have cough im my thyroid it make me difficult to talk. And make my voice hoarse. How to solve this problem.
My mother is a diabetic patient since a year. From 8-9 months, she feels very stressed and starts crying very frequently. On being diagnosed, she was detected to have hyper tension. But the doctor says it will be a very slow recovery process. Can you please suggest something that may help in her early recovery.Please tell.
I masturbate once a month and I hardly eat anything (no spicy) and yet I get pre cum early in the morning and all the medicines do not work so please advice me something that works not something you hope works. Ive tried sensival, duloxe (antidepressants) they seemed to work for a while then stopped Ive tried ashwagandha, acdiphos, staphysgiria (did not work at all) Soya beans works but very occasionally.
I am unmarried male suffering from psychological impotence which has arisen from depression. Now the depression is cured but the problem continues.
I am 33 years old my problem are since last two years i fell this. (A) at day time occasionaly not daily my mind be absence. If i drive i forget where i am going though i have command on my driving. (B) since last six month i face problem at night time means when i was sleeping. As my family member observation they said that initially i sought loudly then salivation comes from mouth and my body be hard. in both of this case i be normal after 10 - 12 minutes totally. So, anyone say me what is the reason and why it happens. And how should i be normal.
Nervous Breakdown is not a medical term. It is connected to health problems associated with depression and anxiety. It often results from extreme stress and need medical help to overcome it. Although there are physical and emotional symptoms of this state of being, people often miss it. Here is a list of some common signs and symptoms related to nervous breakdown:
- It is hard to concentrate: It is often seen that a person finds it hard to concentrate when he is on the verge of mental breakdown. While a little stress helps in better functioning of the memory, chronic stress can prove to be lethal for the human mind and body. According to a study conducted by the University of Maryland Medical Center, it is found that too much stress results in the secretion of a hormone called cortisol which deteriorates the memory.
- Food becomes your best friend: An increased level of stress makes the body release certain hormones such as adrenaline for a flight response. When this hormone wears off, cortisol asks the body to replenish energy from food. This hormonal reaction results in emotional eating. As a result of stress, certain high sugar items such as ice-cream and chocolate give a good feeling to the body. According to a study conducted by the American Psychological Association it was found that 40 percent out of 3000 individual seek pleasure in high fat high sugar items.
- An upset stomach: Often before nervous breakdown, many people report symptoms related to IBS. A patient might also go through certain other symptoms such as stomach aches, abdominal pain and diarrhea. These indicators are related to overwhelming stress more often than not. According to a recent study conducted by the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, it is found that more than half the people suffering from IBS have anxiety or depression related disorder.
- Slouching becomes your favorite activity: Slouching is a major indicator of stress. A study conducted by the San Francisco State University in 2012 revealed that slouching drains more energy than skipping. Poor posture and depression is a common phenomenon in people suffering from anxiety and stress related disorder. If this is occurring way too frequently, it is time to consult a doctor and get professional help.
- A hyperactive nose: People with hypertension, anxiety, depression and stress often find themselves with a hyperactive sense of smell. A study conducted by the University of Wisconsin revealed that when a person is exposed to disturbing images of crashes or accident, he is often found to have a distorted sense of smell. Even neutral smells can be mistaken as foul ones by patients suffering from anxiety. If this sounds familiar, it is time to visit a doctor.
I have ocd from age 13 and started medication for that (prozac) at age 15 but left it after 1 year because of improvement in condition but felt the symptoms returning after 6 months but didn't report it because of studies and continued to endure it for 2 years during which symptoms of sexual and violent thoughts related to God, family and any living thing added to my first symptoms which were mostly related to arrangement and repetition. I was again put on medication at age 17 (prozac) but then it was changed to XET-Cr at age 18 but it had horrible side effects like I felt dizzy and fatigue whole day so I decided to leave it without consulting my psychiatrist but after that the condition got worse, the fatigue and tiredness increased and it felt like hell everyday with hypersensitivity to light ,faux memory etc so I had to consult a psychiatrist again and I was prescribed Fluvoxamine but if I take it in night then I cannot sleep and also an irritation and tiredness adds to the insomnia and it goes on whole day .If I take it in day then the same happens. I am confused about what to do. Please help.
Hi doctor, I am 27 years old, I am heaving depression problem. For which I am taking some medicine. Works but I am completely satisfied with it all time feeling nervousness what should I do? please guide me.
My friend lost somebody close last year and since then feel depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Help.
Severe headache on right side of head in a circular motion, a sense of pressure type pain, a slight relief by tilting the head or applying pressure, severe sweating, anxiety, nausea. It lasts for 5-10 minutes, occurs anytime also while sleeping. What can it be? Ct scan didn't reveal any abnormalities and even doctors can't predict what it is. Kindly help The pain is unbearable.
1 Exercise - you may be thinking exercise is not priority during exam but making time for exercise especially out doors can boost your revision secession and your health during stressful period. Exercise release endorphin happy hormone which improve your mood and help you reduce stress. So don't feel guilty of taking break for workout or even walk out side in fresh air.
2 Eat well - UK Charity 'Young Minds' recommends eating a balance diet during exam to keep yourself at optimum health. Iron rich green leafy veg get plenty of fruit. Summer berries to help with concealed level top up your level of omega 3 fatty acid.
3. Stay hydrated avoid coffee and tea drink plenty of water.
4 Take regular break it help your brain process organize and remember every thing you revised.
Sir I am a martial artist nd I have a one bad habit putting tobacco in my mouth but its not for chewing just put it nd thats all. I eat daily more than 5 times nd I don't want to quit this becoz its feel me good so suggest me some medicine which controls my body level nd stamina becoz extra spitting is not good for our joints nd sperm counts to so please help me sir. Thanks and regards.
I do running for police recruitment and I have shin pain not too much I want to get rid off from this please help I have only month left for my test I have to do practice of high jump and long jump also.
Hi am 27 years old married and I have a Short temper issue I am not able to control my anger during a fight I curse and get very abusive My head starts aching and it feels like it's going out of my control I am unable to control my emotions during a fight with my wife either I tend to over power unknowingly and I always hurt the other person Please help in suggesting how I can control my anger and temper issues Please am desperately seeking advice to quit my anger problems
I am honestly so confused. I have been feeling very off lately, from not eating or getting sleep or binge eating and sleeping to feeling so low, so empty, and so alone. I tend to cry basically every single day, over nothing really. I just start sobbing, and sometimes it even happens in the middle.
Do you believe that the world is a hostile place and you are a victim? Are you the one who often doubts his or her abilities? If so, you might be showing signs of low self-esteem. Interestingly, self-esteem has nothing do with your actual ability or talent. Your looks, weight or skills are not responsible for your low self esteem. It largely depends upon the fact that how you value yourself.
It has been observed in most cases that self-esteem is often affected by a number of reasons, including ill-health, unpleasant memories from the past, and termination of relationships. Low self-esteem is generally marked in survivors of physical or sexual abuse, victims of racial discrimination or people who have had a traumatic past life.
If you don’t pay attention towards this issue, you might end up developing certain serious mental disorders. Low self-esteem is also the root cause behind the occurrence of mental disorders like borderline personality disorder, depression, etc. However, there is nothing to worry about it. There are certain simple things that are useful in building up your self-esteem.
Here’s all that you need to do to start believing in yourself and be confident about your capabilities:
1. Remember your strong points: Make three separate lists of your strengths; achievements and your qualities that you admire. Take help from your friends, parents and other well-wishers for preparing these lists. These lists will help you in understanding your abilities and goodness. You will be able to believe in your strengths. You must read through these lists at least once daily.
2. Be positive: Optimism and a positive approach towards life are the key to success. Your self-esteem is influenced by the fact that how you look at life. Life is not a bed of roses. It is unavoidable that you will have to face critical situations or problems in life. But, what is important is to face them with courage and a faith in your own abilities. Be positive and stop developing negative thoughts about yourself. Get rid of thoughts like ‘I am a loser’; ‘I can’t get rid of this problem’; etc.
3. Take care of your body: Your outward appearance sometimes works wonders in lifting up your inner-self and spirits. Keep yourself clean, trim your beard or hairs; cut your nails; don’t forget to floss your teeth and maintain overall personal hygiene to develop a feeling of goodness.
4. Sleep well: A good night’s sleep is essential for boosting up your self - esteem.
5. Eat right: A balanced diet is a key to good health. Eating the right food in the right way keeps your mental and physical health all right. Include minerals and vitamins in your regular meals. Avoid distractions like television or radio while taking meals.
6. Exercise: Regular workouts keep you away from mental-ill health.
7. Be cool and comfortable first: When it comes to your dressing, try to put on attires that you can carry well. Wear stuffs that you love the most. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.