Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok ModiYour feedback matters!
My 5 year old son is suffering from cough and vommit since last three year. Some time he cough first and then vommit. After vommit his cough gone for some time and then he start coughing. Sometime he vommit with out cough. Doctor giving him asthema medicines. He fees quite good as long as we give him medicine. Also one doctor given him gerd medicine, he was good at that time. But his symptoms again appeared when doctor stop medicine.
My sister is 16 years age with 5feet height but she has 65 kg weight. She is too much worried about her increasing weight.
My boy is almost 12+ years old and sleeps continuously for hours at a stretch. Can anything be done for his mood upliftment . Kindly suggest.
Your baby's skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
It takes about a year for the epidermis of a baby to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems.
Here are four common skin problems found in almost every infant:
- Prickly heat rashes: Prickly heat rashes are the rashes, which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
- Seborrhea: Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, consult a dermatologist.
- Eczema: About 20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a paediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.
- Diaper rash: Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.
My son is 3 years old, he do not eat fruits, he likes rice khichadi. Please advice what should i do?
My baby is 11 months old now. He doesn't wish to eat anything except breastfeeding or water. He has to be forcibly fed after 3-4 hours. He is weak also and has not started walking or standing by himself. What should I do?
What is time of teething in babies. My baby is 10 month old but no teeth yet should I worried? Please advise.
My baby is 18 months. When he eat cerelac or milk powder he vomiting. Today he vomiting 3 times. What can I do? please answer. Thank you.
Asking your doctor if an antibiotic medicine can be taken is advisable as it can help in reducing the infection and swelling. It can also be taken after the treatment for faster healing.
Genomic Tests helps to Understand your Child inborn Sports Talents Peak level of Performance and to select Correct Sports or Games ,along with predictable disease risk Management Life style Changes Accordingly
Sir mere nephew ko 29 march 2016 ko fever aaya tha aur mene simple analgesic aur antipyretic usko di thi aur fever theek ho gaya tha but 31 march 2016 ko fir fever aaya aur chills bhi lagi aur mene uski blood chack up karbaya to usme malaria parasite P.V.R aaya aur doctor ne usko -ibugesic plus suspention - lariago - aur zifi 100 DT di aur usne bataya ki ibugesic 5 ml agar fever aaye to dena hai aur lariago 7.5ml per day dena hai aur zifi 100 DT ki tblate subah aur sham deni hai aur ibugesic 5ml doctor apne yahan de dee thi but sir jab me ghar aaya to sham ko 6 or 7 pm baje usko phir tej fever aaya aur mene usko 5ml ibugesic phir de dee aur 1or 2 hours me fever chala gaya but sir night ko 3pm baje phir fever aaya aur mene usko phir ibugesic 5ml de dee to sir batay ki medicines dene ke baabjood fever aa raha hai kya ye fever malaria parasite P.V.R me normal hai aur kitana day baad chala jayega ya phir me in medicines ko band kar ke usko kisi achchhe paediatrician ko dikhaun aur uski age 7 ya 8year hai.
Dear Sir, My Baby is 14 months old and is suffering from the problem of Dandruff and scalp itching from last 15 days. His Scalp become flaky and got rasshes also due to itching. please advise me what should i do ? he also got
I had a son, 3 months older. We are using so many medicine for motion but they were not working. Can you please suggest a good medicine for him for motion.
Hi my one year and one month old daughter is having some serious rashes on and around her urinal parts. Please suggest some precautions or Medicare.
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.