Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashis Kumar Mazumdar
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashis Kumar MazumdarYour feedback matters!
How can we avoid the problem of hair fall and which shampoo can we used to solve this kind of problems.
I'm getting itching in my armpits from last night. When I saw my armpits I found small pustule like bobble.
I am 24 years old female nd I have severe acne pimples problem on my face last 2 years. I have already taken treatments still I found no recovery. please sir suggest me what should I do.
I'm having skin problem my forehead has been full black colour and there is so much pimples are coming I can't say. I even shown to doctor he given me some medicine at that time I get cure. But when I stop medicine same problem again.
Tell me something how to Prevent hair loss. M 20 year old girl very much worried about my hair loss. My hair gets thin day by day.
Dr. I have a wheatish complexion I want to become fair I have done glutathione injection Iv n took up to 8 fails wid no results do I have another option for body whitening.
Hi, My face is filled with pimples. how to cure them/ I am only 15 years old. Please consult me something.
I hv problem of dark skin complexion and also having soo much dark circles. Due to dark circle and dark skin tone, my face look weird. please plz suggest me something for glowing face and similar skin tone of whole face.
Sir, I am age of 17 I have a hair fall problem from my forehead my hair loses daily and its also a heredity problem then please give me some solution. And also my growth is not increase so please give some solution to increase my height.
Growth and development of hair is a cyclical process. After attaining the full maturity, considering its length and thickness, the hair fall out naturally and is replaced by the growth of new one and the process goes on. If the follicles start falling out at a much faster rate then you may be suffering from a condition called Alopecia. This may result in complete or incomplete baldness which can be patchy, irregular or regular, showing a certain pattern. Pattern and frequency of loss are typically different in both men and women. Medications, care and nutrition may help prevent hair loss to some extent, however, in some cases, patients may opt for hair transplant.
The hair transplant is a process wherein hair follicles from a part of the body called the 'donor site' are moved to a bald or balding part of the body known as the 'recipient site’. It requires medical expertise and involves a dermatologist, plastic surgeon and anaesthetist along with other trained technicians. Hence the most crucial choice in reestablishing mane is the doctor or centre for HT you pick.
How do you choose doctor or centre for HT?
Who you choose will determine how natural and full your new hair will be for the rest of your life. In general, the best way to find a physician is through a referral, either from your dermatologist, general practitioner, or another patient. Perhaps, the worst way to choose a doctor is through infomercials or aggressive marketing campaign. Let us analyze a few factors you need to keep in mind before you make this choice….
- Qualification - In choosing a hair transplant surgeon, the first thing you need to know is the doctor’s speciality. Ideally, he or she must be certified as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
- Experience – Check for how many years has the physician been dedicated to doing hair transplantation? The skill, talent, and experience of hair restoration physicians vary widely, as do the end results.
- Approach – Check whether the physician takes a holistic approach to hair loss treatment and also offers advice or directly suggests HT? Make sure to have a thorough examination, including having your density checked with a densitometer and your scalp assessed for laxity (looseness). Make sure you are not being rushed into surgery.
- Procedure - Perhaps the biggest decision to make once you have decided to have a hair transplant is whether to have the doctor harvest the donor hair through a long, thin strip via Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) or as individual follicular units using Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). The doctor can help you decide which is best for you.
- Trust but verify review patient results - Can the surgeon provide a list of names and phone numbers of patients willing to discuss their personal experiences? Patient testimonials will say a lot.
When choosing any kind of health care practitioner, doctor or centre for HT you should go with your gut. If you feel uncomfortable with a doctor, it is usually a sign that you are in the wrong place.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!