Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashim Kumar Kundu
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashim Kumar KunduYour feedback matters!
Delightful and healthy, almonds are not just a treat for the eyes; they proffer a host of advantages for our well-being as per a study conducted across the world. Ayurveda, the ancient branch of medicine in India also claims that almonds proffer a broad range of health benefits, especially when they are consumed after peeling off the skin.
What are the benefits of almonds?
Ayurveda recommends consumption of sweet almonds instead of bitter ones. The warm and sweet qualities of such almonds are preferred for its abilities to pacify the Vata doshas in the body. They help in lubricating the skin and the microcirculatory channels and offer support to all the seven vital tissues in the body. Almonds are highly beneficial for improving pitta, and an Ayurvedic practitioner will help in educating you about how you can metabolize them.
What is the best way to consume almonds?
- You should buy whole organic almonds which are filled with all the nutrients in their crudest form. The skin of almonds is difficult to digest, and therefore Ayurveda recommends soaking the almonds and peeling the skin to improve the digestibility of almonds.
- When you eat almonds without soaking and peeling off the skin, it will aggravate Pitta in the blood.
- The best way to prepare almonds is to soak them in lukewarm water all through the night and peel the skin off in the morning.
- You may also blend them with raisins and dates, but it is always advised to eat them whole as well.
- You can eat up to 10 almonds in a day, but you should refrain from eating them on their own on an empty stomach but take them with fruits or vegetables. This is because taking almonds on an empty stomach would aggravate pitta doshas and lead to unwanted consequences such as indigestion.
- Since they are so versatile, you are free to add them to puddings, bread and muffins and other foods and enjoy.
Why should you opt for soaked and peeled almonds in place of peeled ones?
Choosing between soaked almonds and raw ones is not just a matter of taste, but is a matter of opting a healthier option.
Now the question is why soaked, and peeled almonds are better?
- First of all, the brown peel of almonds contains tannin that can prevent absorption of nutrients. As you soak the almonds, the skin would come off easily and allow the nut to release its goodness effortlessly.
- The benefits of soaked almonds are endless; they help in digestion, improves heart health, aid in weight loss, and they are a major source of antioxidants. They can also assist in combating cancer, and the flavonoids in the almonds can prevent the growth of tumor in the body.
So, have a handful of peeled almonds regularly for good health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!