Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashim Kr. Roy
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashim Kr. RoyYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I feel whole vibration in my hands & legs ,is it symptoms of some disease or not? Please tell me.
His head is paining since 3 years sometimes it pains a lot doctors ary saying that he has a migraine or something.
My brother aged 56 years suffering problem on spine and numbness on hands/legs unable to erect his penis resulting his counter part`s cursing everyday. Please advice.
One month ago my grandmother had a mild stroke. She was taken to Apollo hospital (outside) and there doctors given her acitrom. But now blood is coming through the gums and is not stopping. Then a local doctor given her injection to stop bleeding. It is to be noted that she was regularly monitoring INR. But even after this it happened. Is it necessary to take acitrom further, or she may stop it forever?
I have Acute Pain like migraine in head, Occipital area, Neck radiating to Shoulders since 4 months.
Recently my ten toes are becoming more numb specially the small toes. Is there any cure for this condition. Knowing I am in great health with little exercise if any at all and I am 74 years old not diabetic with a small but managed high blood pressure. I await to hear from you soon.
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.