Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashim Kr. RoyYour feedback matters!
I'm 23years old. I have migraine problem from last four years, I am suffering with one side headache problem and every two months I got fever also, Short memory loss. This is my health problems kindly send treatment for this and suggest me as soon as possible. Thank you.
I have black dots on my penis please tell me why its happened. The dots haven't painting at all but looking very bad tell me what's the reason behind it.
Hello sir. I am suffering from classical migraine since childhood. Please tell me which tablet to take to kill the migraine.
What are the clinical manifestation of parkinsonism, The person also have diabetes mellitus, hypertension, chronic kidney disease and congestive heart failure.
In modern days, migraine has become a common disease that affects the young and the old equally. Migraine as such cannot be cured, but improving lifestyle and Ayurvedic medication can help you keep this disease under control and improve your quality of life.
What is Migraine?
Migraine, commonly known as Sooryavarta in Ayurveda, is a medical condition in which the excessive stimulation of the blood vessels in the brain causes a throbbing pain on one side of the head and is associated with nausea, sensitivity and vomiting. This happens because the vomiting centre of the brain gets activated during an episode. These symptoms are the most common signs; however, it varies from person to person.
What Causes Migraines?
These headaches worsen upon sunrise and it is at its peak at noon, when the sun is at its highest intensity and slowly subsides on sunset. This is one of the major factors in setting in an episode; it is not true in every case.
The other triggers that cause migraine attacks according to Ayurveda are:
- Spicy and oily food
- Stress, anger, grief, jealousy
- Suppressed emotions or natural urges
- Consumption of too much of dry, salty and pungent food
- Consuming polluted food
General triggers may include:
- Smoking and drinking
- Physical stress and exercise
- Fluctuation in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle or the use of birth control pills
- Stopping intake of tea or coffee suddenly
- Stress to sensory organs in the form of bright noises, bright lights, strong perfumes or odours etc.
Certain foods or beverages may also trigger an episode of migraine. These include baked foods, chocolates, processed foods, spicy foods, onions, dairy products and peanuts. These kinds of foods are known to suddenly increase Kapha dosha or Pitta Dosha and as a result, trigger an attack.
Symptoms of Migraine-
It is usually characterised by a stinging, throbbing pain on one side of the head and is followed by nausea and vomiting. Some people may get visual aberrations called an aura- such as blind spots, blurred visions, distorted lines etc.
Ayurvedic medications that can help migraine are:
- Indian licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Amalaki – amala – Emblica officinalis
- Mallika – Jasminum officinale
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Kumari – Aloe vera
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
Simple home remedies useful in migraine:
- Tender leaves of jasmine or tender leaves of pomegranate are taken along with a pinch of salt and crushed well to obtain fresh juice. Early in the morning, preferably in empty stomach, 2-3 drops of this fresh juice is instilled to both the nostrils. Procedure is repeated once again evening hours (6-7 pm). This reduces the severity of headache in migraine.
- One fist full of Doorva grass (cynodan dactylon) is taken and its fresh juice is obtained. To this, 2 pinch of licorice powder is added and mixed well. This is consumed during the noon hours. Procedure is repeated for 20-30 days. This helps to reduce the severity of illness significantly.
- Take coriander seed powder – 1 teaspoon. add it to one cup of water, leave it as it is at night, next day morning, drink it on empty stomach.
- Soak 5 raisins and 5 almonds in water at night, next day morning, eat them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
M having symptoms of balls palsy. So what shud I do. As a first aid. please suggest me a perfect food diet. What to eat and what to avoid.
My grandmother got blood clot in brain and now she is suffering from paralysis her left leg and hand are not working she even lost her talking ability. She is 82 years old and doctors saying that they can not do anything to help her. But she is able understand what we are saying to her and her right side area is working she says through sign that she is hungry and thirst. But she is not able to open her eyes please someone help us with your answers ASAP please I am begging you on my knees. I can not bear to see her like that she was going through hell.
My body is very week. My hands always keep shivering while doing any job like drawing and holding something. Even will doing namaze my legs shivers. Please help me out. I am very much worrying about my future.
Hi, I am 27 year old male. I have tingling in my lowest of feet since around last months. I have tested with vitamin b12 and its 287 pg/ml, which is nearby border line of normal range. My others reports are normal, no diabetesOnly Mean Corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH) 37.1 Picogram. Please suggest is that tingling is due to Vit b12 level, and suggest me the treatment for that.
My mother went to vellore. She was also well health, after 2 days my mother does not walk. She is a nuero patients. I want to know why this happens ?
Do we any solutions for the Parkinson disease in India? Is it a heredity disease? Past 2 years my uncle is suffering from parkinson.
Sir I m taking stalopam plus from 4 months. I feel positive. Now I have been switch to stalopam 10. I am now suffering from sleeplessness. And some tensions and depressed some time in day. Tell me what to do for my sleep. I want to get rid of these medicines.
I am 31 years old male. I feel my legs are weak and when I get angry or anxious my legs and hands shake. What should I do for this.
Respected sir/mam my father (68 age) worked in copper mining as a machine operator for 20 years (now retired) suffering from parkinson from last 8-9 years. The problem was starting when a single finger starts vibrating after some months complete hand starts vibrating and after some years one side of body vibrated. The problem continues and now whole body vibrates. The rigidity is very large now it is also increased from last few years. Now 80% of memory is also lost and a lot of problem in speaking, eating and almost every daily routine work. Please suggest me some good medicine or test. The following are the medicines that taken by him from last many years. Syndopa cr (daily 2) ropark xl2 (daily 1) rasalect 0.5 (daily 2) syncapone 100 (daily 1) urimax 0.5 (daily 1 nite) pacitne (daily1)
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.