Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arup Ratan Mallick
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arup Ratan MallickYour feedback matters!
My father's fingers of left hand are not working properly from 5 - 6 yrs. He not able to grab any thing properly. Means it is of no use. Fingers of left hand are not straight or not working. Due to which now from its affect is coming on right hand. He regularly complains of pain in neck. He tells than neck pain is from childhood. He is not able to do anything from his left hand and mostly from fingers. Please help sir.
I'm 67 yrs. Old. I'm suffering from migraine. Whenever it starts I take 1/2 migranil tablet. What is the precaution to avoid it?
Is r19 helpful for migraine I'm already taking r16 for migraine Should I consider using r19 I have gynecomastia also.
Hi, The tip of 3 fingers of my right hand are feeling numb since a week. What could be the reason.Please suggest something for that.
After taking acetamide 250 mg tablet my mother feeling severe allergic reaction like tingling and pricking sensations please advise the medicine to treat the same.
Dear sir, Mujhe epilepsy Hain but Meri wife ko nhi. Humdono baby chahate Hain. 1) Mera epilepsy Hain for bhi main 100%fit hnu But main medicine leta hnu pichhle 8 years se (epilepx chorono 500 twice daily) 2) sex krne k aage ya pregnant hone k aage hum dono ko koi medicine ya sabhdhaniya abalamban krna chahiye? 3) Kya kre ki jis se Mera baby fit reh or koi mere trah problem nhi ho? Please koi successful medicine ya upay bataiye ye Mera baby ka future ka sawal Hain sir.
M suffering from migraine everyday I feel like dyiñg cause of pain I need a advice what should I do for relief.
I have migraine in my head sometimes and I feel Vomit the same time so can you please Advise me to what should I do that time?
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.