Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
How to avoid pregnancy if we do not want to use condoms? any medicine. When it is safe to have sex without these precautions like after her periods or before her periods.
Hi Doctor, I had sex on 14th day of my menstrual cycle. It was unprotected in the beginning for hardly a minute. Then, he wore a condom. I also took Ipill after 15 hours of the act. Now, it's the 5th day since I took Ipill. But, no bleeding or signs of bleeding yet. Read on internet that even 5-6 seconds of penetration without condom can put you at risk. The fact that I was in fertile period makes me more worried. I have 28 days cycle n regular. Last period was on 19th April. Can I be at risk? We used condom after 5-6 seconds n also took Ipill. Still at risk?
In medical terms, the pelvic floor refers to a group of muscles in the pelvic area. These muscles provide support to the organs in the pelvic region, including the bladder, uterus (women), prostate (men) and rectum.
What is pelvic floor dysfunction?
This is a medical condition that is used to refer to a situation when you are unable to control the functioning of the pelvic floor. It means you fail to control the bowel movement. People suffering from pelvic floor dysfunction use these muscles to contract rather than to relax. It is for this reason that they cannot have a bowel movement. They often have an incomplete one.
What causes pelvic floor dysfunction?
In most of the cases, the exact reason behind this dysfunction is unknown. It is often believed that this condition is caused due to traumatic injuries to the pelvic area. This can happen after an accident and due to complications aroused after vaginal childbirth.
What are the symptoms?
There are several symptoms that are linked to this medical condition. You must visit your doctor if you come across the following signs:
- The feel of having several bowel movements within a short period of time.
- If you feel that you cannot complete a bowel movement.
- When there is constipation pain linked with bowel movements.
- A frequent urge to urinate.
- Painful urination.
- Pain in lower back.
- Continuous pain in pelvic region, genitals, or rectum.
- Pain during intercourse in women
How is pelvic floor dysfunction diagnosed?
It may be diagnosed through a physical examination by the doctor. You will ask several questions to know the case history and find out the cause. You may also be asked to take pelvic muscle control test by placing surface electrodes on the perineum or sacrum. A small device called a perineometer is also used for the same.
What are the best ways for treating pelvic floor dysfunction?
It can be treated without surgery. There are several techniques. Some of these are as follows:
- Biofeedback: It is done with the help of a physical therapist.He uses special sensors to watch and monitor the muscles.
- Medication: A low-dose muscle relaxant is prescribed to treat the same.
- Relaxation techniques: Your therapist may ask you to take up techniques for relaxation such as warm baths, yoga, and exercises.
- Surgery: If your physician finds out that the dysfunction is caused by a rectal prolapse or rectocele, he or she will take up surgery.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction results in Urinary Dysfunction. Urinary incontinence is the unintentional passing of urine. It's a common problem thought to affect millions of people. There are several types of urinary incontinence, including:
- Stress Incontinence – when urine leaks out at times when your bladder is under pressure; for example, when you cough or laugh
- Urge Incontinence – when urine leaks as you feel a sudden, intense urge to pass urine, or soon afterwards
- Overflow Incontinence (chronic urinary retention) – when you're unable to fully empty your bladder, which causes frequent leaking
- Total Incontinence – when your bladder can't store any urine at all, which causes you to pass urine constantly or have frequent leaking
It's also possible to have a mixture of both stress and urge urinary incontinence.
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Pelvic organ prolapse is a condition in which structures such as the uterus, rectum, bladder, urethra, small bowel, or the vagina itself may begin to prolapse, or fall, out of their normal positions. Without medical treatment or surgery, these structures may eventually fall farther into the vagina or even through the vaginal opening if their supports weaken enough. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.
I have regular acidity problem. Its happens hence last two year. Its increase more and more since over the period of time. I take many suggestion from many expert doctors to killed this problem. But relief only 2or 3 days. What medicine take to totally killed it and what precaution I take to killed problem.
I had sex with my gf and I hv given her i pil after 28 hours of sex and after 7-8 days her bleeding was there and her pregnancy test is negative and one month and 5-6 days are over but her periods have not come yet pls help
Hello doctor I am taking birth control pill regularly. And I know it has many more side effects but I want to continue that pill and I.e unwanted 21. Is it create any serious health issue. If it is then please let me know what to do? I have to change my medicine or any thing else which may resolve my problems contaminated that problem and everything will be all right.
She is losing her menstrual cycle/period for last few months and she had her last about 50 days ago. She has no symptoms of pregnancy and no sign of vomiting. She has no other problems. Now a days she remains depressed so much. What is the actual problem ? Is it normal or not!
I am continuously feeling weak from past few days, even after having lot of water and meal in summer. I am totally disturbed from this problem. Please kindly help!
From cancer prevention to prenatal diagnostics: ultrasound examination (sonography) is a painless method for examining the internal organs. This involves displaying images of the body's structures using ultrasound waves.
We offer the following ultrasound examinations:
- Whole abdomen (liver, gall bladder, kidneys, pancreas, urinary bladder, prostate, uterus, ovary etc can be clearly visualised on ultrasound)
- Obstetric (whereby the number, position, development of foetus and its environment etc can be noted. Congenital anomalies may be diagnosed)
- Transvaginal scans
- Transrectal scans
- Ovulation studies
How to prepare for an ultrasound
- For scans of the liver, gall bladder and pancreas (upper abdomen) overnight fasting is required
- For pregnancy up to 3 months and for scans of the uterus, ovaries, kidneys, urinary bladder and prostate, please do not pass urine for 2-3 hours and drink 3-4 glasses of liquids 1 hour before the scan
- For all other scans, no preparation is required