Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arup Chakraborty
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Arup ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
I am facing headache continuously last some days also my eyes are paining and it feels too heavy. Don't know y. Please help regarding.
I am getting my eyesight weak. Please suggest what should I do to get rid of this Problem. Tell what should I eat more?
Iam 77 year old and when consulted doctor he told me that iam suffering from nerve weakness in left eye as i have cataract in both eyes which is preliminary stage.I have Blood Pressure,non -diabetic and have cholestrol. I am teetotaller and suggest remedy and treatment for eye nerve weakness.?
What can I do to compensate excess usage of mobile and computer. Any supplement or food to strengthen my eyes.
My younger Son of 5 Years old have undergone squint surgery on right eye recently in Feb 2016. The squint was appeared in right eye (only) in Jan 2016 end week & that too instantly. Earlier to that, all was fine. To recover from the situation, our doctor suggested us to have squint muscle surgery which is common treatment. Now after six month of surgery, the squint has appeared again on same eye. It is not constant squint on same eye & now sometimes both eyes looks fine, sometimes only right eye shows squint or sometimes his left eye shows squint. Our doctor says this is normal case & we will try to make it clear by using glasses & patching daily. I am bit confused & don't know whether we are taking correct treatment or not? We are using glasses since yesterday as per Doctors advice & don't have complete result now. Just wanted to have your expert opinion on below 1. Can squint reappear after surgery also? 2. Why the squint is not constant, sometime angle is more inward & sometimes in clean. 3. What tests I should do for my son to recover from this situation & do you feel that, we are taking correct treatment. 4. Do we need to visit Neurologist also? 5. Will my son can make confirmed outcome from this squint issue? 6. Is this is common or rare case? Kindly support.
My mother-in-law is suffering from u-vitis since last two years. Please advise any homeopathic medicine.
Eyes are believed to be the most attractive feature in a person. A pair of beautiful eyes can melt millions of hearts. Skin ageing and its consequences can throw life in jeopardy. Sagging eyelids are one such unwanted consequence. With ageing, the skin loses its elasticity to a great extent.
- There is an increased skin accumulation around the upper and lower eyelids. As a result, the eyelids become sagging and droopy. Sagging eyelids can be annoying, affecting a person's overall appearance and self-confidence. In extreme cases, it interferes with the normal vision of the affected individual. Eye irritation is also common.
- Thus, the problem needs to be treated at the earliest. Blepharoplasty or the eyelid surgery comes as a huge relief. Here, the surgery is mainly performed to enhance an individual's appearance. To treat sagging eyelids, it is important to get rid of the accumulated skin, loose muscles and fat pads. Procedure is done under local anesthesia.
- For upper eyelids, the surgeon makes small punctures along the line of the eyelids. These punctures act as the exit points for the unwanted skin, muscles and fats. Following the removal of the skin present in excess, the punctures are carefully stitched. In case of the lower eyelids, the fat pads are removed through an incision made inside the eyelids. The excess skin can also be eliminated through an incision made along the margin of the eyelashes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The problem of baggy eyes are characterized by puffiness or swelling under your eyelids. Common factors like aging and genetics are often responsible for the development of under eye bags. It makes your eyes appear swollen due to fluid buildup in the blood vessels that are present around your eyes. Since the skin around your eyes is extremely delicate, which makes it prone to the development of puffiness.
The following are 4 ways that can restore the life of your eyes:
- To reduce the fluid retention: Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water on a regular basis, as water aids in flushing out the excessive salt from your system that is responsible for the development of puffy eyes. In order to reduce the risk of fluid retention, keep your head elevated while you sleep with the help of pillows.
- To treat dark circle and baggy eyes: One of the simplest homemade remedies to lessen the appearance of dark circles and baggy eyes is through the utilization of fresh cucumber or potato slices. Place the slices of either potato or cucumber on your eyes and keep it on for 5 to 10 minutes; follow the regime on a regular basis. It is proven to provide satisfactory results in lessening the severity of puffiness and dark circles.
- To reduce the swelling: Place frozen tea bags on your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. It will reduce the persistent swelling in the eye region. Ice compresses or chamomile tea, sage broth and green tea can also be utilized to treat the swelling effectively.
- Long term prevention: A balanced diet and proper rest can help to prevent the appearance of baggy eyes and dark circles in the long run. Incorporate a lot of fresh green and leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits in your diet. Follow a diet that is low in carbohydrate content and comprises of nuts and whole grains, which are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. Avoid excessive intake of sodium, especially the ones that contain different types of added preservatives. Carbonated and caffeinated drinks tend to increase the risk of developing baggy eyes therefore; it is advisable to keep its consumption to minimum. Get at least 8 hours of sound sleep to ensure proper rest for your eyes as lack of adequate rest tends to aggravate the problem of baggy eyes.