Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. Arunava LalaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am a 32 yr old male and in last 1 month I had mild pain in my right arm for about 1 min duration. This happened twice. I am an it professional and do mild exercise. I am having average personality. Please advice.
I have severe pain in right side of my neck from past 6 months. Severeness of pain increase and decrease with the time but it never vanishes. Today it's on peak I can't even move, sit or sleep. This pain moves toward my right arm from the neck. Please suggest something to cure it.
My friend is fit enthusiast, he met with accident. His wrist bone does not get fractured but it is mis placed to other side. Doctor suggested him to take one month rest. So after that can he do gym as earlier? Or he can't do it again?
Last night i watched that my sprain's colour became reddish, please help and suggest me, what the resigned.
I am suffering from back pain now a days, and 2 years back I am checking with doctor and I am scanning my back structure nd that time doctor said there is no problem with bones, now I days having back pain. I do not know wt can I do. Pls help me for recovery.
A sprain refers to a break or a tear in any of the ligaments of your body. A ligament is a band consisting of tissues that connect the bones at any given joint in our body.
A strain on the other hand refers to a tear or a break in the entire muscle itself or a tendon (the band of tissues that connect the muscle to the bones).
Occurrence: Sprains usually take place due to unforeseen incidents like falls, accidents, and such other things that forces the body part to go out of its normal position. The most common types of sprains that people suffer from are ankle sprains which affect about 25,000 people every day on a worldwide basis.Strains usually happen when you twist a whole muscle or a tendon. This condition most commonly occurs in cases of sportspersons who are engaged in contact sports like hockey, football, rugby, and such others.
Symptoms :The identification signs of sprains and strains are mostly very similar, which are listed below:
- Pain and discomfort in the joints
- Visible swelling or inflammation seen on the joints
- Bruising of the affected area
- Tenderness and softness of the affected joint
The overall intensity of the above mentioned symptoms might differ basis on the severity of the condition that is directly proportional to the nature of injury that you have faced. Some pains are so light that it may not affect your daily routine at all, whereas some pains are so intense, that you might not be able to move your affected joint at all.
Treatment: Some of the common methods to cure a sprain or a strain are listed below:
- Rest the area which is affected
- Apply ice bags or cold compress to soothe the pain
- Compress the affected joint using a compression tape
- Place the affected joint on an elevated area to speed up the healing process
I am 37 yrs old. I have foot ache in the morning. Severe pain in foot. Fasting sugar is 80, U/Acid is 5.2. please suggest?
I want a advice from neurosurgeon. My dad has too much pain in sitting and walking, unbearable pain, everything he do on bed only. Mri report says that Destructive lesion with narrow Edema and erosion of adjacent end plates of L5-S1 vertebral bodies with intervening discitis and pre and para vertebral intraspinal, anterior epidural abscess resulting compression thecal sac and existing nerve roots. What to do for this problem, line of treatment and advice.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.
Related Tip: "Why Do Women Face Joint Pain Problems More Than Men?"
What causes osteoarthritis and how to prevent it?
The condition of osteoarthritis is very common as you age. The condition is said to affect women more than men and is mainly due to the low estrogen levels that women tend to experience once they cross the age of 50.
What causes this most common form of arthritis?
The problem of osteoarthritis (oa) takes place when the soft but firm connective tissue is known as cartilage found in between bones of your joints (such as knees, ankles or elbows) deteriorates. This soft connective tissue is vital for ensuring frictionless motion of joints. During osteoarthritis, the surface of this tissue takes on a rough texture, and consequently, it wears down completely.
What can you do to reduce the risk of developing osteoarthritis?
There are several simple ways that you can employ to prevent this condition from occurring and these are:
1. Maintain a healthy body weight
Being overweight is one of the leading risk factors for osteoarthritis. The extra body weight causes additional pressure to be exerted on weight-bearing joints like knees and hips. As time passes, this additional strain damages the cartilage that acts as pads between bones of the joints. Additionally, the extra body weight also causes your body to produce a destructive protein known cytokines, leading to inflammation of the joint areas.
2. Maintain an optimal blood sugar level
High levels of glucose in your body bring about the development of certain chemicals that make cartilage rigid and more susceptible to mechanical stress. Controlling abnormal blood sugar levels is vital for reducing this risk of inflammation that can lead to the loss of cartilage and joint damage.
3. Indulge in physical activity
Indulging in any kind of physical can help in keeping your joints healthy. You need to spend about 30 minutes of each day on performing the moderately intense exercise. This will ensure not only the ability of your joints but also make stronger the muscles that hold up and steady your hips and knees.
4. Have a well-balanced diet
Including certain foods in your diet can help in reducing your chances of developing osteoarthritis. A well-balanced diet that prevents oa should consist of ample amount of omega - 3 fatty acids, vitamin d and vitamin c. While fatty fish like tuna and salmon, eggs, sunlight etc are considered to be good sources of vitamin d, strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes are just a few of the food sources that you can consider for meeting your vitamin c requirements. For meeting your omega - 3 fatty acids requirement, you can consume fish oil as well as plant or nut oils.
Related Tip: 3 Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis to Watch Out for