Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. Arunava LalaYour feedback matters!
I am having ankle problem for almost year now. Playing as a professional basketball player. But I have to use ankle supporter every time I have to play. When can I get rid of it?
I always have problem in backbone I used many treatment but still have problem so please advise me what should do?
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the muscles of the body and weakens them gradually. Patients with fibromyalgia have a number of "delicate points" on the body and are very sensitive to different things that are not typically painful or unpleasant. They can encounter increased the tenderness and weakness which may lead to problems in movement and even proper sleep.
Physiotherapy concentrates on the treatment, and healing of injuries. Standard exercise based physiotherapy methods may help you gain control of your fibromyalgia as you concentrate on lifestyle changes instead of persistent pain, stiffness and fatigue. Physiotherapists can demonstrate generally accepted methods to get rid of the side effects of pain and solidness in everyday life. They show patients how to build strength and enhance their scope of movement. They show them ways to get rid of the everyday pain.
In case you have fibromyalgia, your physiotherapist creates particular extending and stretching programs to meet your individual needs. While there is no known cure for fibromyalgia, physiotherapy might help you get rid of the pain. It can reduce the stiffness.
Strengthening muscles and increasing flexibility through a number of exercises are two vital ways physical therapists decrease fibromyalgia pain and make life more manageable. These include:
- Stretching: By increasing your flexibility through stretching, the hardened muscles loosen up giving fibromyalgia help. Your physiotherapist can teach you the correct approach to stretch your muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Various stretching exercises will also be suggested depending upon the condition or type of pain you have in what part of your body. The combination of these stretching exercises might need a stretching band or other accessories like a compression ball or a rubber band.
- Aerobic exercises: Low speed and low affect exercises are ideal. Stationary cycles and circular machines are typically less pressurizing on the joints. Aerobic exercises are also a great option for fast recovery, but the intensity depends on your condition.
- Aqua treatment: Swimming and other water activities are very good for fibromyalgia patients. The lightness of the water can decrease weight on muscles and joints and enhance adaptability. A warmed pool might be particularly useful because of the warmth that can calm sore muscles.
- Massage: Massage can help pain alleviation and joint stiffness.
- Joint movement: It can improve movement in the tightened muscles, delicate spots and joint stiffness.
- Hydrotherapy: Hydrotherapy with heat or ice packs works by stimulating the healing force of your own body. Cool packs lessen swelling by tightening veins. On the other hand, warm packs on painful areas widen veins. That expands the stream of blood, oxygen, and different supplements and speeds the elimination of toxins from the body.
Physiotherapy is a lifestyle remedy for such conditions but must have to be patient as the results will be gradual. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
I am 55 years old got pain in my right knee while climbing stairs in office no swelling persists. I am able to walk. What should I do. Is mri essential. Please suggest.
I have back pain and fever for last one month, I have shown in government hospital but they are unable to recognized my problems. What to do? Please advise.
Doctor my leg pain from 29 april up to this date my leg pain is very high so reply me suggest your right suggested tablets etc I have also hand pain because my operations is done so suggests.
Have hip joint problem since 2 years not ready for surgery any medication with diet. ok. then, please suggest?
I am 25 years male. When I am in 20 years I suffered for back pain. But in exray report no spot was found. Then I go to cuttuck for helping Dr. Sanatan rath (nuro surgen. Then I was feeling better. After one year abdomain pain happened. But it was one or two times in one month. Then I went to gastroentrologist. I did lft, endoscopy, usg, blood and urine test. But there was no problem. I am taking medicine due to three years. But I am not fullfill cure. Now the pain is very complex. Symtoms are full abdomain pain, chest pain, back pain, tiredness, weakness, head rounding. Now again back bone problem in found, full body pain in happened. What can I do?
I am getting pain in my feet when I walk for 1 or 2 kms. Also getting pain when I get up in morning. Please suggest.
A doctor tell me that I have a spinal cord problem which is heritable which I got from my father. Is it true?
Agr 50 years my nom have pain in right legs lower back to knee in side .doctor said its a seitica and yesterday give a treatment of these medicine. CYNOCAL 16 PEE 40 MG ACEWILL SP EVION 400 MG But there is no relif till now Pls suggest me wt I do. Thanks.
Arthritis due to factors other than aging are mostly preventable if the underlying disorders are correctly managed and kept under control.
However age related arthritis like osteoarthritis is not entirely preventable. Its possible to delay the onset of such arthritis by preventing obesity and with regular exercise and proper dietary habits.