Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Arnab MondalYour feedback matters!
Is I pill safe for her for avoiding pregnancy she also used protection & it was her first time so is it ok?
During menopause, estrogen production slows and then stops. There are a number of changes, which occur in your body during this time. Periods become irregular and then stop. You may have hot flashes, mood swings, a deeper voice and an increase in facial hair. Vaginal dryness is another common symptom of menopause. It becomes even more common after menopause. Vaginal dryness also can occur at any age from a number of different causes. It may seem like just a minor irritation; however, it can be a major problem when it comes to your sex life. Here is everything you need to know about vaginal dryness:
What causes vaginal dryness in women
Even though menopause is the most common cause of vaginal dryness, it can happen at any age and there are various causes of vaginal dryness as well. Here they are;
- Childbirth and Breastfeeding: Childbirth as well as breastfeeding result in lower levels of estrogen and this can lead to vaginal dryness.
- Sjogrens Syndrome: This is an autoimmune disorder in which your immune system attacks the moisture producing cells in your body.
- Douching: Douching is a common practice done by women wherein, they wash their vagina using water and vinegar, knowing little that it can actually cause dryness.
As mentioned earlier, vaginal dryness is caused by a lack of estrogen. Here are some of the ways that estrogen is supplied to your body;
- Vaginal Estrogen Ring: This is a ring inserted into your vagina, which releases a steady stream of estrogen into your vaginal tissues. It needs a replacement, generally after three months.
- Vaginal Estrogen Tablet: A special device called an applicator is used to insert an estrogen tablet into your vagina.
- Vaginal Estrogen Cream: This also needs to be inserted through an applicator. It will be applied daily for the first two weeks after which, it will be applied one to three times a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Mera wife se January 2016 mei shadi hua, love marriage tha so Aug 2015 mei first baby abortion korna Para kuch galti ke karan, abhi mera wife ka monthly period normal nhi hai example 13 March next 03 April next 18 April, period ke doran bleeding bhi bohot kom hota hai nhi ke borabar. Abhi baby chahiye hame please help me.
Hi doctors, I am facing a problem, and I am not sure, is it related to my skin or genital. There is an. itching around my vaginal area and skin is red now, should I go to dermatologist or gynecologist?
Hello, I am married for 3 years now. I am 24 years old and of 70 kg. My husband is 27 years old and of 98 kg. I have been trying to conceive for 7-8 months now but not getting pregnant yet. I want to conceive baby as soon as possible as we both are overweight. Is our weight the problem for not being able to get pregnant? Please help us so that I can conceive a baby as soon as possible. Will eagerly wait for your reply. Thanks.
I have a problem of pcod. Doctor has advised me to take ovalife and ongest 200 what are the function of these medicines and also the side effects. We are planning now whether any problems occur during taking these medicines.
2 Major causes of premature ejaculation and how to manage it
One of the most common sexual dysfunctions in men, Premature Ejaculation (PE) stands for the uncontrollable discharge of semen either prior to or immediately after sexual penetration. Usually ejaculation that occurs within 30 seconds to 2 minutes is considered premature.
Causes of Premature Ejaculation
PE can occur due to several reasons. As you age, you learn to control your orgasm. But there are times when you may experience uncontrolled ejaculation of semen. This usually occurs with a new sexual partner or if you’ve had your last ejaculation a long time ago. Nonetheless, the causes of this sexual problem can be the following:
A. Psychological Causes
The factors that contribute to this problem include:
1. Your previous history of sexual intercourse can cause you to develop a pattern, which may prove to be difficult to change as you move on with your life. For example, situations where you’ve hastened the climax with your partner so as to hide the problem; or feelings of guilt that cause you to rush through your sexual intercourses can go on to give rise to PE.
2. Similarly, anxiety about your sexual performance or issues related to your sexual experience can also play a role in bringing about uncontrolled discharge of semen.
3. Interpersonal problems between you and your partner can be a psychological trigger behind the problem as well.
4. Last but not the least, the fear of the failure to maintain an erection, more specifically the fear of erectile dysfunction can cause you to hasten the climax with your partner, leading to PE.
B. Biological causes
A number of biological factors can cause the problem of premature ejaculation, ranging from abnormal hormone and brain chemicals’ levels, thyroid and prostate or urethra inflammation, to hereditary and abnormal reflex functions of the body’s ejaculatory system.
How to Manage PE
Apart from drug therapy, there are several ways through which you can effectively control your ejaculation and these are:
- Using condoms to reduce the sensitivity of your penis
- Having sexual intercourse with your partner on top can reduce your chances of experiencing premature ejaculation
- Indulging in longer foreplays can help delay your ejaculation
- Take deep breaths to delay stimulation and ejaculation
- Practice start-stop and squeeze techniques, which help in arousing your penis to the point of ejaculation but stopping before it occurs to delay semen discharge.
Recently I have done USG of whole abdomen. Result shown that enlarged ovary with suggestive chocolate cysts. One cyst in each ovary. Right oavry measures 3.8 cm x 4.2 cm and left one measures 2.7 cm x 4.4 cm. Pouch of Douglas is free written. No ascites and lymphadenopathy is seen. No size of the cyst is mentioned in report. Can the cyst be cured with medicine?
अगर बच्चे और जवान शुरूआत से घूमना walking चालू कर दे तो उसे बाद में diabetes डायबिटीज होने का खतरा 50% तक कम हो जाता है,
So keep walking everyday.
I am taking novelon medicine daily at sharp 9: 00 pm but today I get late nd I take. Medicine at 9: 08 pm .is it dangerous? Or any other effect on me ?or it is safe? May I carry my regular novelon medicine?
I have been married since 1.2 years. It's time for a child now. What is the effective way to make my wife pregnant. Now we both in hurry for that kindly suggest on that. We have tried multiple time but no result.
Hi, Meri Umar 20 sal hai Meri MC 8 to aati hai. Aur Dusre Mahine Ki MC Ane k date me 30 Dino ka Antar hota hai. Jaise Ki Pichli Bar 9 January Ki Aaya Tha Aur is Month me 8 Feb Ki Aaya Tha. To Meri Garbh Kab Thahar Sakti hai. Aur Kab Pata chalega Ki Main Pregnant Hu.
I was on yasmin on and off for pcod problem. I have stooped yasmin no period for this month. Please help can I take meprate 10 mg 3 times 3 days? Or one time a day.
Hi my date was on 11 april. I made up with my bf on 5 6 7. But as we were very high he cumed inside my vagina on 7 within 2 hrs I had I pill. I took another I pill on 10. Now its 12 my date is not coming. Am I pregnant?
Interstitial Cystitis is also known as painful bladder syndrome. It is characterized by the inflammation of the bladder wall. It is the chronic inflammation of the bladder. The exact cause has not been identified yet, though some believe that it might be due to the defect in the bladder lining or an autoimmune disorder. Interstitial cystitis is believed to resemble a bacterial infection, but the short term antibiotics have been found to be of no or less use.
The symptoms of interstitial cystitis are:
- Frequency of urination during the day and night
- Urgency of urinating
- Pain associated with urinating or pain in the abdomen, vaginal and urethral area
Ayurvedic Treatment for Interstitial Cystitis
- Chanderprabha Vati: This is a blend of 23 natural ingredients. This herbal remedy is useful in patients who are suffering from excess urination problem. This formulation has properties, which are helpful in the urine retention and reduce the inflammation in the pelvic areas. Dosage of this is two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Chandanadhi Vati: This consist natual ingredients like Shweta chandana (Santalum album), Maricha (Piper cubeba), Gandha biroja satva (Pinus longifolia sap), Kattha (Acacia catechu), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Rala (Vateria indica extract), Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora), Chandana taila (Sandal wood oil) and Daruharidra (Berberis aristata). The product helps to resolve interstitial cystitis by controlling urination, reduces inflammation and burning sensation. Two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water are taken.
- Punarnava Mandur: This is a pack of the herbal remedies and has quite satisfactory results in the patients. This balances the vata and pitta, the major dosha and causes of interstitial cystitis. Two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water is the ideal dosage.
- Varunadi Vati: This is a blend of natural products like Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) and Shuddha guggulu (Comniphera mukul). The ingredients have the property to treat the symptoms of interstitial cystitis. This is helpful in urine retention and reducing inflammation. Dosage of this is two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Boswellia Curcumin: This is prepared by the extracts of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (Curcuma longa). This herbal product has anti-inflammatory properties and provides relief from inflammation in the pelvic area and other symptoms associated of interstitial cystitis. The dosage of this herbal product is one capsule twice a day with plain water. Also, if had after meals then it is very effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.