Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arnab MondalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from heavy bleeding during periods. First 2-3 day little bleeding after that its heavy and last 2-3 day normal. And duration of bleeding is 11-12 days.
I recently got married but my she is not getting pregnant couple of month what will be the reason is there any day for intercourse as I have done my semen analysis and the motility is 53% does it effect to the pregnancy and also men thyroid please suggest to become soon father.
i have not got my periods over the last 2-3 months.I used to get regular periods till before the months.The last time i got periods was during the month of june (24th june)should i consult a doctor?
Had sex with bf but she is telling he didn't insert as her period is late they are doubting (jst had oral sex and bf rubbed precum on vagina. And tensed .What can be done?
According to a recent study of fertility and diet conducted by the Harvard Medical School, it has been revealed that consuming certain foods and abstaining from some can be easily opted for without any external intervention in order to aid in improving the ovulatory system, even though there are factors that you are unable to control, such as genetics and age. It is important to be aware of the small dietary changes that can potentially make you much more fertile than those who do not go for a healthy diet.
- Go for complex carbohydrates: Experts suggest eating more of slow and complex carbohydrates and restricting the consumption of processed ones. Your body is able to digest bad carbohydrates in order to turn them into blood sugar, which is harmful to the body. So you must stay away from cakes and cookies, white breads, white rice, junk food and all such items that appear unsurpassable. It is because the pancreas are compelled to release an additional amount of insulin into the blood for controlling the blood-sugar spike. On the other hand, you can go for good carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which take time to digest and have a much slower effect on the insulin and blood sugar. It is evident that high levels of insulin can inhibit the process of ovulation.
Choose Iron-Rich Foods: A diet rich in iron that comes from vegetables and supplements may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility. Ovulatory infertility is only one cause of infertility and affects 25 percent of infertile couples. Vegetarian foods with iron include all types of beans, eggs, lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, long-grain enriched rice and whole grains. Add vitamin C from citrus fruits, bell peppers or berries to your meals to enhance iron absorption.
The "Fertility Diet": Women should choose the following "fertility diet" -
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources
- High-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy
- Get enough folic acid: Folic acid has been proven to reduce a baby's risk of neural-tube birth defects such as spina bifida, and it is linked to a lower incidence of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and diabetes. A good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin should contain more than the minimum recommendation of folic acid, between 600 and 800 mcg – what you'll need during pregnancy. In addition, you can eat folate-rich foods, such as dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale, citrus fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals.
- Dairy: It pays to bone up on dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese) when you’re trying to conceive. Adding dairy to your preconception diet is good not only for bone health but also — potentially — for your reproductive health. So drink that milk, spoon up that yogurt, sip that smoothie, nibble on that cheese. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I used to where leggi and frok karti in my pregnancy. I did not feel uncomfortable but whenever I go to fresh up in the morning I feel lil my tummy pressed. And it takes at least 10 mints for me to squat is there any problem with pressing of stomach becoz my 5 month is started now and my bump size is normal but I feel uncomfortable to sit for a long time. I use indian toilet I want to ask is it ok and when I will enter in my 7 and 8 month the same problem will occur so it will harm my baby or it will be ok. Pls suggest.
I am a 33 year old woman with a 3 and half year old daughter, I have my last period on 1st june2015, now the scheduled date is over. Pregnancy report is negative, this delay often occurs by 2/3 days, this time it is much delayed. Please suggest me immediate medicines.
I am 31 years old girl. My hubby is 35 years old. We are planning for a child. But I am unable to conceive. We are medical fit also. Report are ok as well. So what you would advise us to do? please help.
My wife's right ovary has enlarged in size & the left is normal in size Hyperechoic stromal echotexture. Multiple small cyst are seen at both ovaries. Right ovary size 40 mm multiply 19 mm Left ovary =31 multiply 18 mm This is USG report now I want to ask is anything wrong in the report if such then give suggestions and one more thing is that we want a baby so please advice both of us for the baby.
Haldi is a vital spice used in the Indian cuisine and other south Asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous Asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to Ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen, and drink up to a healthier you.
Hello Doctor, My fiance has an ailment, probably too severe, as her doctors describe it. She has a cyst in her ovary and the doctors have declared that she can never conceive. Is it a fact? Or is there any treatment to this ailment? I would be highly grateful if you would kindly inform me with a positive response. Thanking you,
Respected Sir/Madam, I am a female of age 17 From India. I am in very tensed situation. I had an unprotected sex on 29th April but I took ipill within 2 hrs after intercourse. After 5 hours of intercourse I had little bleeding but that stopped after a while. No doubt my man didn't ejaculate inside still I took my pills to lower the risk. But a fear inside me got started that I am pregnant. Please help me what to so not to get pregnant. Please Reply as soon as possible. Its my number reqst to u.
I am in my my 6.5th month of pregnancy, my TSH is 1.73 n in one of garbh sanskar lecture it is informed that TSH should be 3 for baby to be intelligent so what should be TSHlevel.
I'm feeling nausea and i'm having 100 fever. and my period is due after 2 days can this be pregnancy. And also I'm having mild cramps in stomach.
Meri igg value 2.75& cmv igg 3.59 hai. Age 32, last mon. Perid 10 aug 16 hai .kya mai baby le sakta hu. Koi khatra to nahi hai.
The heavy envelope of smog over delhi is a reason for many respiratory diseases. We cannot reduce the smog but we can try to build up our immunity. Some tips
1. Drink lemon juice in water for your vitamin c dose
2. Add ginger and tulsi to your tea
3. Jaggery is a good source of iron. Substitute sugar with gur where possible.
4. End your day with a glass of warm milk with haldi and kesar for your dose of calcium and vitamin d
5. Ensure that you consume lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
6. Keep yourself well hydrated.