Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arindam Sarkar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arindam SarkarYour feedback matters!
I have body acne. It always takes the shape of pimples. What should I do? tends to leave back marks too.
I am 29 year old female. I am experiencing huge hair loss. Whenever I comb my hair or put fingers through them, the hair comes out in handful. I can see they are directly coming out from the root itself While I shampoo it becomes more worse. I do have dandruff or may be a dry scalp and occasional itching is there. Please help.
I have a black spots as well as pimples on my face and I am following daily facial exercise then also it s not clearing my problem what should I do.
My fingers got stuck between doors and now some tiny red dots appears on the tips of my ring finger. I am suffering from pain too.
Hey mam, I have hair fall problem my hair is not growing Pls help me to how to care my hair and pls suggest me best oil and cream for my hair.
In winter my foot is badly cracked, please tell me what I do and what type of Medicine I have taken.
How should I loose my belly fat and there are lot of stretch marks on my body what shud I do foe it.
Scar revision surgery is a surgery that is used to get rid of scars on your body. This surgery can be used to restore normal functioning of the skin and correct skin deformities due to injuries. Scar tissue tends to form after the healing process of the skin is complete. The amount of scarring depends on certain factors such as characteristics of your skin, size of the wound and your age.
The procedure begins with a dose of anesthesia, which can either be local or general. The time when you should have a scar revision surgery is not very clear; usually you wait till the wound heals and the scars become a little lighter in color. This process may take a few months or a year to complete.
The various methods for scar revision surgery are:
- Dermabrasion is a procedure in which the upper layer of the skin is removed with a wire brush to facilitate growth of new skin. This procedure helps in softening the skin surface.
- Large skin injuries such as burns may affect large areas of the skin, resulting in hypertrophic scars (a raised scar formed by excessive collagen deposits). These scars are known for their ability to restrict movement of tendons, muscles and joints. The extra scar tissues are removed by making incisions on your skin to cause V-shaped skin flaps. This helps in reducing the scar size and makes it less noticeable.
- Skin grafting is a procedure which involves taking skin from one part of the body and using it to cover up the affected area. This is mainly used to improve functioning of the affected part.
- Certain problems such as damaged skin due to injuries or birth defects may require tissue expansion. In this procedure, a silicone balloon is put under your skin and then filled with saline water. This procedure allows stretching of the skin so that it grows over time.
The reason why this procedure is performed are:
- A scar that is angled from the normal lines of the skin
- A thick scar
- If a scar is restricting movements of the surrounding muscles and joints
- If you have a keloid that is characterized by a thick scar and has a different color than that of the skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.