Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arindam RathYour feedback matters!
The goodness of water is known to all. Another fluid to watch out for is the coconut water. Coconut water will leave your mouth open with its amazing health benefits. From kids to pregnant women to elderly people, everyone can drink coconut water (unless asked to avoid on doctor recommendation) any day and any-time. The sweet, nut-like taste of coconut water is indeed very refreshing and soothing, a great respite in the scorching summers.
Positive effects of coconut water on the health
- A low-calorie drink: Coconut water is an ideal and healthy substitute for processed fruit juice, aerated drinks and sweetened beverages. Further, being low in sugar and calories, coconut water is an excellent remedy for diabetic patients.
- Improves Digestion: Coconut water is an excellent source of phosphatase, diastase (a group of enzymes that breakdowns starch into maltose), folic acid, and other enzymes that aids in the digestion of food. A person with dehydration (an outcome of dysentery, diarrhea or cholera) can benefit immensely from coconut water. The coconut water works by restoring the lost electrolyte and plasma balance in the body.
- Keeps skin aging and hair problems at bay: Cytokines and lauric acid are known to have anti-aging properties. They maintain the pH balance of the skin. As expected, coconut water helps in restoring the natural glow of the skin. Coconut water greatly nourishes and protects the skin from rashes and skin infections. Also, having long, healthy, and lustrous hair is no longer a dream, all thanks to the coconut water. It hydrates the scalp, thus providing the necessary nourishment to the hair.
- Drink coconut water, forget depression forever: Riboflavin, pathogenic acid and thiamine are the triple healing vitamins that help to lower depression and stress in a person. With these important vitamins present, coconut water will lift your mood and spirits effortlessly.
- Weight management: Being a low-calorie drink, coconut water is a healthy option for people who are on a diet and want to lose few extra kilos.
- Healthy bones and muscles the natural way: An excellent source of calcium, coconut water will keep your bones strong and healthy. A rich source of potassium implies coconut water helps to lower the instances of muscle cramps.
- Kidney stones a thing of the past: A natural way to deal with the problem of kidney stones is indeed a great news. Potassium, which is present in abundance in coconut water. Thus, it not only helps in dissolving the kidney stones but also ensures that there is no recurrence of the condition (kidney stones).
- A healthy blood pressure: Coconut water comes as a much-needed blessing for people with high blood pressure. The minerals (potassium and magnesium) along with vitamin C ensure that the blood pressure is within healthy limits.
- Can tackle migraine pain: The magnesium present in coconut water comes as a savior for people suffering from migraine pain.
Now that you are aware of the benefits of coconut water, you just need to grab one and drink it up. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
She got attacked by breast tumor. And it's become hard and spread to left breast please give me some homeopathic remedies.
Hi mam I have right ovary of size 13 cc and left ovary of size 13 cc .Is my ovaries are good in size or not? By uv scan I have polycystic ovaries and immature follicles. Is there any cure for pcos mam?
Hi Dr. I had sex with my bf on 8th February but condom was broken but he didn't ejaculate and I peed within 2 min and within 4 hour I took unwanted 72 and after 6-7 days I got heavy withdrawal bleeding (with chunks) that lasts for 4-5 days. My last period date is 20 january and I also took 1 ipill 3 months ago and I am confused is I got early period or what. And I did urine test after 26 days with early morning urine with proper instructions written on the packet of pregakem and it came negative. Now I am really confused when will I get my periods. Can I count withdrawal bleeding as my new date. Is there any chance of pregnancy. Please help me doctor. Please reply asap. Thank you in advance.
I am 27 yrs old and i am suffering from endometrial polyps from last 1 yr.What should I do? please suggest me.
After delivery I put copper T for prevention, wen I have intercourse ll i'm get pain are my partner get pain and we both l'll get feel.
Hamne sex nhi kiya. But couple ke nude hoker sperm vagina me touch hone se pregnancy k chances h kya?
When safe period starts in menstruation and in which period sexual relation can make me pregnant? please explain in details. My period circle is 35 days. Age 23.
Hello doctor, I had sex with my girl friend with safety, but still we are scared that she is having pregnancy, we almost done 9 times in this past one month, after her menstruation of last month, are der any possibilities to become pregnant, I have used safety, twice I have inserted without condom, but that was jus for few pullings, but I did not cum in her vagina, I din release sperm in her without condom. Jus for 2/3 times I jus inserted and started again with condom, so do that leads to pregnancy. If so how shud we get normal to ignore pregnancy? Pls help me doctor.
Some of the diseases can manifest during pregnancy, like some diseases of heart, blood pressure, blood sugar etc. But if the couple comes to doctor when they are planning pregnancy, then we can diagnose it and start treatment so that pregnancy can be safe to both the mother and the baby.
On the other hand, some pre-existing disease may turn serious during pregnancy and endanger life of both mother and baby. This includes thyroid disease, hypertension, epilepsy, renal disease, cardiac disease etc. If taken care of properly, the disease can be controlled before pregnancy so that the risk can be reduced. Again all the drugs are not safe for the baby. So, if treated before pregnancy, the mother can be put on safer but effective drugs before pregnancy.
Some diseases may run in family and often goes undetected and can affect the baby. Thlassaemia, hemophilia etc are the best examples. So, if the couple comes to us before pregnancy, we can screen them to diagnose whether they are bearer of the disease or not and then we can take care to prevent birth of defective baby.
Some diseases indicate that there may be problems in having pregnancy, like problems in periods or abdominal pain in female, sexual problems in male and female etc. If treated properly, it will avoid unnecessary time wastage for trying for pregnancy.
The woman can be instructed how to remain healthy to have normal baby, before pregnancy. She can be advised some drugs (like folic acid), can be asked to avoid harmful drugs and substances (like drugs, excessive vitamin a, excessive vitamin d, excessive caffeine, smoking etc). Even the husband can be asked how to improve his fertility (by avoiding heat exposure to his scrotum).
Again some infections can be dangerous for the baby. So, before pregnancy we can treat the women for the infections and in some cases we can vaccinate her to prevent infection.
"a stitch in time saves nine. So, why don't you consult your gynecologist when you are planning for pregnancy? have smooth journey throughout pregnancy and enjoy parenthood.