Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Arindam Ghosh DastidarYour feedback matters!
Hi my husband has 9 million sperm count and I have tilted uterus so doctor suggest us to do iui. Is it possible to conceive naturally?
I was was born in 1988. I was suffering from asthmatic problem when I was three years old. Suddenly after two years the problem disappeared. Got married in 2005. Since then I am suffering from allergies of dust, food and contact to dirtiness. When I suffer from allergies, I get angry very soon. Most of the time I spend on irritation. I want to get rid of allergies as well as irritation.
I have continuous problem of running nose. Since. 1 year. It stops whenever I take certizine. But again starts in a day or two. What should i do now?
Hello, I am having pin pointing pain over my left chest. I have consulted with cardiologist and get TMT and echo test and everything is fine. I am having this pain from almost an year now. Recently a month ago I noticed than my left ribcage has come little outwards from the center and also one of the bone of my left ribcage has come out a little (below left underarm). I think pain is starting between these points where rib bones are disordered. I do workout daily but due to this pain I have stopped lifting heavy weights from last 2 months. Is there anything to worry about rib bones disorder, please share your view it would be really helpful for me. Thanks Sincere regards, Harshit.
I am 62 years old, retired, i am suffering from high bp for 3 years and taking tablets 5mg, and cholesterol 10mg. Since then. My present reports are normal. I was also suffering from anxiety related issues and taking nexito plus tab once in evening for proper sleep. Again for 3 to 4 years also have plaque psoriasis and psoratic arthritic stiffness in leg joints for which I am taking homeopathic medicine. Now I also have acidity especially in the night when I get vomiting sensation which subsides when I drink some water night for which I am not taking any medicine. I am also suffering from enlarged prostate, unable to empty bladder fully and not taking any medicine, fully, recent USG only states enlarged prostate only. My weight is 84 kg I exercise but not regularly. My goal is to reduce first Nexito tablet and then how should I manage my health stage by stage and how?
Menopause is a phase when the estrogen in the body starts to diminish. Every woman has to face this "change of life" at the time of her last period. On average, women reach menopause at age 51, but it can happen earlier or later. Menopausal symptoms vary with every woman. Common symptoms include hot flashes, night sweats, weight gain around the middle, sleep disturbances and mood changes. However, some women go through menopause with no real symptoms.
What causes menopause? Hormones. As women age, your ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone, two of the main hormones for reproduction. As estrogen levels go down, one of the first signs of "menopausal transition" is irregular periods in which bleeding is unusually heavy or light; the time between periods also may become longer.
While the symptoms and the risk factors of menopause cannot be negated in totality, good nutrition can ease certain condition for the body. A variety of food along consisting of enough iron and calcium is of prime importance during this phase. Here is a basic guideline of the dietary her healthy practices one should follow:
- Enough calcium intake: A daily serving of three to four dairy based products can pay rich dividends in the endeavor of acquiring calcium for the body. Other calcium-rich food sources include fish such as salmon and sardine, legumes and broccoli. The aim should be to intake a minimum of 1200 mg of calcium daily.
- Iron is a must: Three servings of iron-rich diet is a necessity for the body. Some iron rich food sources include red meat, nuts, grain products, green vegetables, red meat, poultry etc. Acquiring 8 MG of iron daily is a must for every woman going through the phase of menopause.
- Fiber is a key dietary component: The intake of fiber rich food is a necessity during menopause. Some fiber-rich food includes bread, fresh fruits, pasta, cereals etc. A daily intake of 21 gms of fiber content is essential for the body to function properly.
- Gamma Linolenic Acid: This is a form of fatty acid that is extremely crucial to regulate the balance of hormone and maintain health during menopause. Good sources of Gamma Linolenic Acid or GLA are vegetable oils originated from hemp seed, primrose, blackcurrant etc. Intake of these oils along with curry or salad should do the trick.
- Intake of Magnesium: The human skeleton is comprised of 60 percent of magnesium. Over 300 enzymes require magnesium for a various catalytic reaction of the body. Needless to mention that intake of magnesium is crucial for a woman going through menopause. Some good sources of magnesium include halibut fish, leafy vegetables, grains, seeds etc.
- Intake of Phytoestrogens: Soy isoflavones are rich in phytoestrogens. Good source of the same include soya milk, soya beans, tofu etc. Soy protein is extremely beneficial due to their support function of HDL. It can even influence positive heart function. Studies have found that phytoestrogens can successfully limit the flow of free radicals in the body and block the signs of aging.
- Antioxidants Vitamins: Vitamins, especially A, C, and E are known to be mighty effective in maintaining good menopause health. Food items such as kale, butter, turkey, pork are a great source of vitamin A. Rose hips, lemon, strawberries, sprouts are good sources of vitamin C. Vitamin E can be found in certain food items such as avocado, spinach, hazelnuts, sunflower, milk, asparagus, whole grain etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I have a problem in my penis. It is too large but not so fat. Is dat any kind of problem? What should I do now?
During sex, change dress between boy and girl. Can any disease between them. Boy wear girl's panty and girl wear boy's underwear. Its continued till 5 days in a home. Doctor is any other happen in the body?
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me! Please please help me.
I am undergoing 6th dialysis and now creatinine is 13 and HB 6, do ayurveda have any solution for this?
1. CARROT - beta carotene found in carrots are known to lower risk of breast cancer.
2. BROCCOLI - broccoli is great because of its sulforaphane content, this is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
3. CABBAGE - cabbage contains myrosinase enzymes and glucosinolates. This is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
4. TOMATO - The best antioxidants in tomatoes are lycopene. This will helps in preventing cancer.
5. GARLIC - garlic contains ajoene that is known to fight off breast cancer cells.
6. WALNUT - walnuts contains omega 3 fatty acids and can slow down or stop the growth of breast cancer cells and tumors.
7. PEACH - Antioxidants found in peach can destroy breast cancer cells.
It is advisable not to take much water in between food which is essential for better digestion.
Sir I received a blowjob from a woman having multiple partner. Is there any chance of getting hpv practically through this in my penis? Should I worried about HPV?
I am in depression since 12 years now I am reading and try to adopt may techniques to reduce my depression. Also I am having much sleeping disorder. I always feel sleepy drowsy or feeling ill most of time I just remove this by sleeping does any suggestion for me take over this problem more what I want?
Sleepwalking is also known as somnambulism is a type of parasomnia. A parasomnia includes undesired interruption in ones sleep. Sleepwalking happens when you get up from your sleep, and walk around your house. You are actually still in a state of sleep when you are sleepwalking around. It can, likewise, include a progression of other complex activities. You are likely to suddenly get up from sleep and sit on your bed, looking around like you are dazed or confused. Another type of sleepwalking involves abruptly rising in the midst of sleep and running away. Apparently, the patients feel that there is an acute threat, and they must escape from it by running away.
There are more features of sleepwalking. Here is a list of facts on sleepwalking which you should know.
- You may talk or yell as you are sleep walking. Your eyes are normally open and have a look of confusion. The eyes also seem to be glassy. You may perform some activities, which are not supposed to be done at night.
- Strange, peculiar and weird actions are carried out while sleepwalking, in inappropriate places. Urinating in a garbage can, rearranging your furniture or jumping out of the window are common weird activities, which can be observed in sleepwalkers. The patient turns very violent and arrogant.
- In uncommon cases, a patient will get into a car and set out for some unknown location. The patient may even choose to get separate for a long duration. Exposure of inappropriate body parts is also observed in sleepwalkers. Grown ups may dream or fantasize while they sleepwalk.
- Some people tend to eat during sleepwalking phase.
- Waking up a sleepwalker is a very difficult thing to do. When a patient finally wakes up, he is in a state of utter fix and confusion. No memory of the events that happened during sleepwalking remain, and a patient cannot recall anything. Adult patients may sometimes recall very few traces of what might have happened. A clear memory of the events is rarely found in sleepwalkers.
- At times, the patient becomes so violent that he may attack anyone who tries to wake him up. This is seen more in men. The sleepwalking may end abruptly, and the patient will find himself in an unknown place. The last memory that he might recall is going to sleep in bed. Some patients return to their beds after a stroll automatically, without waking up.
- Sleepwalking usually occurs in the first ot the third half of a person's sleeping phase.
Sleepwalking is an unhealthy phenomenon and measures should be taken if you find someone to be sleepwalking.