Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arijit Dutta Chowdhury
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Arijit Dutta ChowdhuryYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old and loosing my self, Confidence, Cannot concentrate on anything. Loosing my potency. Everything happening around me is against me.
I am adducted in smoking. How can I quit smoking? Can you please advise me some tips to quit smoking.
I have stomach ulcers what should I do. Dr. said don't eat anything like curd, fruits, milk, and even cool drinks also..
Good afternoon doctor, I am suffering from mental problem. I got engaged in december 2014 but due to some misunderstandings between elder people of both sides engagement got broken on january 3, 2015. Negative picture showed to girl thats why she is also under wrong impression about me as well as my family members. I tried at my level best to patch up the things but no use. Please tell me the solution for that. Thanks.
Attention deficit/hyperactivity issue (ADHD) is a mental condition that is marked by a continuous example of inattention as well as hyperactivity-impulsivity that meddles with the working or advancement of that person. Inattention implies that a person gets distracted from tasks, lacks focus and is not concentrating on the task at hand. Hyperactivity implies that a person tends to move around continuously, especially into situations in which it is not needed. Impulsivity implies that a person makes hurried decisions without thinking about them and that may have negative outcomes or risky consequences.
Here are a few ways with which you can treat ADHD.
Therapy: Along with medicines, certain treatments can be valuable in treating ADHD in children, teenagers and grown-ups. Therapy is helpful in treating other problems as well. For example, anxiety or nervousness issue that may show up with ADHD. The types of the therapies that might be used are as follows.
- Psycho-education: Psycho-education implies that you or your kid will be urged to understand ADHD and how it affects you. It can help children, adolescents and grown-ups understand why they have been diagnosed with ADHD. It can also help you adapt and manage the condition.
- Behavioral treatment: Behavioral treatment gives support to the caretakers of the people with ADHD, and may include teachers and guardians. The treatment includes behavior administration, which uses a group of prizes to encourage your child to attempt to control their ADHD.
- Social skills training: Social skills training includes children or youngsters taking part in role-plays or pretending to be in certain situations. This intends to show them how to carry on in social circumstances by figuring out how their behavior influences or affects others.
- Cognitive behavioral treatment (CBT): Cognitive behavioral treatment (CBT) is a talking therapy that can help you deal with your issues by changing the way you think and behave. A CBT advisor would attempt to change how your kid feels about a situation, which would thus change their conduct.
- Eat less carbs: Individuals with ADHD need to eat a healthy diet. A few people may see a connection between types of foods and declining ADHD side effects. For instance, sugar, food colorings, added sugars, and caffeine are frequently blamed for increasing hyperactivity.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!