Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Arfath A KhanYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old boy. I met with an accident 24 may but till now my injury are not recover. I also got stitches. Tell some medicine for it.Please help sir.
I am not perform well during sexual intercourse from last one month. Please the suggest something that can increase my sexual power.
Sir mujhe pareshani h. Bhojan thik se na pachna, Bhok na lagna, kabjiyat ,acidity , bar bar ulti hona. please help
I am suffering from ring worm on my lower body's skin since 6 month. It appears when I stop medication. please suggest me permanent solution.
Hello I am rajesh shukla 28 years old, I have a allergy in my hand always create a red red type infection I my hand I am worried about it. Doctor I eat fast food daily. Suggest me some advice. Thank you.
Sir I am 33 years old man earlier my sexual life was good but from 1 years I am suffering by early discharge, when my wife touch then too excited and during foreplay only discharge happen, earlier we have daily sex and two three times in a night, in these day once a week and only one time in a night, I am not able to satisfy partner, I have seen Zandu vigorex SF capsule add so I have planning to take this medicine please suggest dose of this medicine or suggest other treatment for permanent solution.
I am 65 years old. Since my childhood, I have been getting itching or crawling sensation at the bottom of my penis or more correctly to say between the anus and scrotum. I used to get shivering with high fever. Dilation was done many times. But no cure, That sensation makes me restless. I suffered whole life because doctors could not find the solution. Since last 3-4 years, urine flow has become very thin and narrow and I have to apply force to pass the urine. After the x-ray taken while passing the urine, Well known Urologist told me for plastic surgery because urinal track from penis tip to down up to 1 inch has become narrow and added even after the said plastic surgery my main problem of itching may not be solved.please help me
I am a 24 year old male. Sometimes my stomach getting bloat up due to gas or something. How can I avoid this bloating up problem?
There is an age old saying that drinking water during meals will disturb your digestion and dilute stomach juices. Advice, that floats around generally, states that you should have water at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal. Studies have been carried out on this subject to find out how true or false these claims are.
- Levels of stomach acid: The claim is that if you drink water during the meal it will dilute the stomach acids, which are required to break the food down. However, doctors have stated in clinical trials that water doesn't tend to have any effect on the levels of stomach acid at all.
- Stomach and digestion process differs from person to person: This might be a thing of personal choice as habits differ from person to person. Also what is tolerable for one person may not be to another. It usually comes down to how your digestive system reacts to drinking water. Some people have claimed that drinking water while consuming food can make them feel bloated. There are no scientific studies proving this and it could be a psychological effect as well.
- Other side of the story drinking water can fill up your stomach before or during a meal: While drinking water may not have adverse effects on digestion, it can fill up the stomach by volume and decrease appetite. Doctors will also suggest drinking a good amount of water just before a meal if you are trying to lose weight as it can suppress your appetite.
Proved pros of drinking water:
Most clinical trials and studies by doctors have proven that drinking small to moderate amounts of water during the meals will help your digestion rather than impeding it.
Some of the advantages are:
- Liquefies food in the stomach
- Helps in nutrient absorption
- Prevents constipation
- Stop bloating
- Softens stool
- Ensures Lubrication of the digestive tract
- Helps you control your hunger signals and thus can help you in losing weight
Thus it can be summarized that drinking water during meals is a personal choice and doesn't really have any adverse effects. In fact, drinking moderate amounts of water when having food may actually be beneficial for you. However, if you are not comfortable with this and would prefer drinking after meals, as long as your digestive system is adjusted to it, there are no adverse effects to this as well.